Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bride - Kinetic Faith

Go down 
+3
Fundy
Staybrite
Follower of Jesus
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

Bride - Kinetic Faith Empty
PostSubject: Bride - Kinetic Faith   Bride - Kinetic Faith I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 2:50 pm

Man, this album slays! It took me a LONG time to come to appreciate this record. The distorted guitars are what took me so long to get used to. But the songwriting and playing on this record is just stellar. The drums and bass are so crisply produced that the foundation stands out (in a good way). The guitars are terrific. Vocally, Dale hit it perfectly on this record (and its follow up!). One great song after another! Slowly but surely this album is moving up my list and is very nearly my favorite Bride record now.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Bride - Kinetic Faith   Bride - Kinetic Faith I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 3:32 pm

Fantastic album, one of the few Bride albums I really enjoy.

Fundy

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Bride - Kinetic Faith   Bride - Kinetic Faith I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 4:51 pm

I'm not really a fan of Kinetic Faith because the style of music. Blues rock is okay, but it's not really my thing, and I'm also not too keen on some of the songs titles. Kiss The Train and Ski Mask I really didn't like as song titles (not sure why). But I think the real reason I only rate it as 'good' rather than 'great' is because of the albums that surround it. Silence Is Madness and Snakes In The Playground are exactly the type of music that ticks all the boxes for me, and Silence seems to flow really well into Snakes, but Kinetic Faith just seems like a jump in a different direction.

Still it's much better than most other stuff I hear. Dales vocals are pure brilliance.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Bride - Kinetic Faith   Bride - Kinetic Faith I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 5:15 pm

Kinetic Faith is an Bride album I love to listen too.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Bride - Kinetic Faith   Bride - Kinetic Faith I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 7:24 pm

I'd love if this record got remastered. Even better, if the band redid this without all the extra guitar effects. If that were to happen, this disc would be on the same level as "Snakes".

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com

PostSubject: Re: Bride - Kinetic Faith   Bride - Kinetic Faith I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 8:20 pm

This is the only Bride album I ever liked and will listen to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bride - Kinetic Faith   Bride - Kinetic Faith I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 9:51 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
This is the only Bride album I ever liked and will listen to.

Shocked lol!

I love this album. As others have said, it's a grower, not a grabber, but it's got some classic songs. Very solid.

I heard some bad stuff about it when it first came out so I did not get it immediately, but years later I was at a friend's house helping him work on his house, pouring a concrete pad I think. He put it on and I was blown away by how good it was (is).
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Bride - Kinetic Faith   Bride - Kinetic Faith I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 6:22 pm

I hope to see this, Snakes and Scarecrow re-mastered and re-released on Retroactive Records someday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bride - Kinetic Faith   Bride - Kinetic Faith I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 7:06 pm

This album has a real 70s blues hard rock feel and sound. The albums before it were to generic and thin sounding to me and snakes was ok but had a real guns n roses sound...GNR is a band I don't really like. Kinetic Faith has a real thick sound...very 70s. I thought dales voice even sounded a little different on Kinetic Faith.
Back to top Go down
Joe C

Joe C

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Bride - Kinetic Faith   Bride - Kinetic Faith I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 12:20 am

Easily one of their best albums.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bride - Kinetic Faith   Bride - Kinetic Faith I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bride - Kinetic Faith
Page 1 of 1