Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Two days working in the studio!

Go down 
+2
Staybrite
alldatndensum
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 22928
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Two days working in the studio! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two days working in the studio!   Two days working in the studio! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2022 6:13 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Xid wrote:
Here's a bit of what Mr. Dickens and I have done.  There aren't any vocals or lead guitar yet as there are other priorities that need to be completed first.

Oh wow that is seriously heavier than anything I remember from Mission of One.  Sounds super cool!

That isn't Mission of One, though.  That is Joshua's Creed.  Derek asked me to play on the track since I have 5 and 6 string basses.  He didn't, but he wanted that on the song.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5263
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Two days working in the studio!   Two days working in the studio! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2022 7:12 pm

It will definitely be a future Joshua's Creed release.  Chris did a great job on the bass!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 22818
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Two days working in the studio!   Two days working in the studio! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2022 9:20 am

Well I don't care who's album it ends up on, it sounds fantastic! (well maybe not my album, because that is never going to get released  Laughing... cause I'm not working on an album).

Xid

Number of posts : 5263
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Two days working in the studio!   Two days working in the studio! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2022 10:40 am

lol!  Thanks!

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
ChristTrekker

ChristTrekker

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2017-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Two days working in the studio!   Two days working in the studio! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2022 8:12 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I completely redid one of the songs I am working on.  After listening to the Rose catalog and now some Black Label Society, I have decided that I need to embrace my baritone voice and make music where O am comfortable with my vocal range.  So, I dropped one song from A down to E.  The 2nd song I ha e started will drop from E down to D.  I am toying with other songs' arrangements and going lower with everything.  Hopefully, this will be a great fit.

YES! This means more music I will be able to sing along with! LOL!

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Two days working in the studio!   Two days working in the studio! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2022 10:37 pm

I finally got to work on my heavy blues track called "I'm Just A Fool".  I laid all the rhythm guitars, bass, and even did the vocals today.  I played around with the built in pitch shifter and was able to do my backing vocals without having to sing them!  Reaper is great!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Staybrite, rockerVu2 and Fundy like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Two days working in the studio!   Two days working in the studio! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2022 11:18 pm

Backing vocals without singing?  You mean without recording you singing them a second time?  I'm picturing you taking the original chorus vocal and "pitch-shifting" them onto a second track so it sounds like two different people singing the same thing.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16360
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Two days working in the studio!   Two days working in the studio! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2022 10:50 am

That looks like progress with "I'm Just A fool".

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Two days working in the studio!   Two days working in the studio! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2022 9:24 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Backing vocals without singing?  You mean without recording you singing them a second time?  I'm picturing you taking the original chorus vocal and "pitch-shifting" them onto a second track so it sounds like two different people singing the same thing.

That's exactly what I did!  I added two layers of pich shifting.  One was pitched 3 semitones up and the other 5 down.  Then, I planned them left and right to give me three part harmony without having to sing each of those parts.

Staybrite, Fundy and Xid like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Two days working in the studio!   Two days working in the studio! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2022 11:59 pm

Oh wow, that sounds super cool!

PostSubject: Re: Two days working in the studio!   Two days working in the studio! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Two days working in the studio!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2