Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone?

Go down 
+6
Fundy
MikeInFla
Xid
Staybrite
Guilty/Forgiven
alldatndensum
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone?   Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2021 12:14 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
For Multi-quote, you click that button on each post you want to quote, which should cause each button selected to turn light red, and then hit Reply on the top or bottom of the page.

Ah!  So that's how it works.  Good to know!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23467
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone?   Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2021 12:30 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
I used to be able to hit the quote button in one message and reply.  I could also copy another message, use the quote button in the body of my other reply, and then reply.  They may have broken that to give us the multi-quote feature.  I will try to try remember to try that next time as my old way isn't working.

So if you hit the Quote button (between Multi-quote and Edit buttons) on my (this) post, what happens instead of going to a reply textbox with my post quoted?
How were you quoting from my prior post?

And it seems you are saying the Quote button within the reply itself doesn't work for you?

Abe wrote:
Four score and seven years ago...

For Multi-quote, you click that button on each post you want to quote, which should cause each button selected to turn light red, and then hit Reply on the top or bottom of the page.

I don't think I explained that well.  When I used to want to quote from two different members' posts, I would hit "Quote" for one and copy the other.  I would then respond to the original post I hit the quote button for.  Then, I could hit the little cartoon looking text bubble and add the second quote.  That no longer works for me.  Hitting the quote button works, but adding the second the old way does not.  As for multi-quote, it seems to be working just fine.  My old way was better because I might have only wanted to respond to one thing the second person said whereas now I get their whole post.

See below.....

deathisgain wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
They couldn't simply change out your SIM cards, or were they made for Boost and not unlocked as most proprietary phones are?

Luckily, I buy unlocked phones so I can take them to whatever carrier I want.  When the SIM craps out, and they will, you can replace them.

I had gone into the store and they couldn't do the sim switch out. I've looked into buying unlocked phones, and it sounded like a gamble with the no contract phones, but my daughter got a new iphone unlocked and was able to do it.

I have just purchased by 4th unlocked phone.  The first two were Sony products that were unlocked refurbs.  They did their job for a couple of years.  Then, I went with a new Moto One Action that was also unlocked.  It still works fine, but it isn't charging as well as it used to.  I would have upgraded in February if I had kept with the two years and done rule of most smart phones.  The current one had developed issues with not sending and receiving texts for just some people on my contacts list.  I checked, and I had not blocked them.  The AT&T store determined it was a dying SIM card issue, replaced it for a $5 fee, and that issue went away immediately.  Any chip can go bad at any time and for no reason.  That is why having anything backed up is a great idea.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone?   Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2021 10:44 pm

Xid wrote:
Ah!  So that's how it works.  Good to know!
Brilliant!

alldatndensum wrote:
I don't think I explained that well.  When I used to want to quote from two different members' posts, I would hit "Quote" for one and copy the other.  I would then respond to the original post I hit the quote button for.  Then, I could hit the little cartoon looking text bubble and add the second quote.  That no longer works for me. 

You're talking about the button left of the Code button (with the <> brackets in its icon) in the menu bar of the reply box, correct? Still works fine for me - I used it for Xid's quote above that I pasted into the reply I had already started to you. You click that button and never see a dialog box asking for Author (optional)?

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone?   Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2021 10:10 am

I get that dialog box but then it doesn't post anything after I fill in whatever I am quoting.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone?   Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2021 12:39 pm

I am currently setting up and customizing the new phone.  Of course, Google will help you to bring back all of your settings, apps, photos, contacts, etc. from your old phone simply by signing in.  So, all the apps aren't installed yet as that takes time, but my contacts and screen saver are back.  

It took longer to change all the settings on the Facebook app that it has for setting up the phone.  I had to stop the auto-play of videos, stop FB sounds, end push notifications, change privacy settings back to how I originally wanted, etc.  I hope I have that done now.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone?   Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2