Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.


For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kerrick

kerrick


Number of posts : 3316
Age : 34
Registration date : 2013-07-17

Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal) Empty
PostSubject: Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal)   Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2021 4:51 pm

I've been meaning to buy their CD for some time and finally pulled the trigger this Bandcamp Friday and am glad I did! Midnight Worship plays a moody/gothic and somewhat proggy style of rock/metal with biblical lyrics. It's contemplative and fairly calming music - great for late nights and grey days. Smile

https://midnightworship.bandcamp.com/album/midnight-worship

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite


Number of posts : 22188
Age : 54
Localisation : Arizona Desert
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal)   Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2021 5:07 pm

Listening to the track "Midnight" right now and really dig what they are doing musically.  Not too sure about the vocals yet though.

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."

kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum


Number of posts : 22369
Age : 52
Localisation : Tennessee
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal)   Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2021 5:23 pm

There wasn't really anything to this that caught my attention.  I am gonna pass on this.

_________________
I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
kerrick

kerrick


Number of posts : 3316
Age : 34
Registration date : 2013-07-17

Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal)   Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2021 1:59 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Listening to the track "Midnight" right now and really dig what they are doing musically.  Not too sure about the vocals yet though.

I think the vocals are fine, though possibly mixed a bit too up-front?  I'm really enjoying this album a lot (and my wife likes it too!) though there is something about the mix that could be improved upon I think.

alldatndensum wrote:
There wasn't really anything to this that caught my attention.  I am gonna pass on this.

To be expected.  Wink   Our musical tastes Venn Diagram has very little overlap hahahaha.

---------------------------------------------

These guys are also in a couple other bands including Sombre Holiday - which I haven't really checked out much yet - but they have quite a fairly large discography.
https://sombreholiday.bandcamp.com/
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite


Number of posts : 22188
Age : 54
Localisation : Arizona Desert
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal)   Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2021 2:31 pm

kerrick wrote:

alldatndensum wrote:
There wasn't really anything to this that caught my attention.  I am gonna pass on this.

To be expected.  Wink   Our musical tastes Venn Diagram has very little overlap hahahaha.

Such a nerdy engineer thing to say... I love it!  cheers

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."

kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick


Number of posts : 3316
Age : 34
Registration date : 2013-07-17

Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal)   Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2021 6:27 pm

Hehehehehe. geek
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider


Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2011-04-13

Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal)   Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2021 6:54 pm

Bet they like Sombre Holiday.

kerrick and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick


Number of posts : 3316
Age : 34
Registration date : 2013-07-17

Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal)   Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2021 8:00 pm

Black Rider wrote:
Bet they like Sombre Holiday.

"They" as in the band? I hope so because it's the same guys! Very Happy

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider


Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2011-04-13

Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal)   Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2021 7:14 pm

That explains why it sounds so similar.

kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down
ChristTrekker

ChristTrekker


Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2017-02-13

Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal)   Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2021 5:11 pm

kerrick wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Listening to the track "Midnight" right now and really dig what they are doing musically.  Not too sure about the vocals yet though.

I think the vocals are fine, though possibly mixed a bit too up-front?  I'm really enjoying this album a lot (and my wife likes it too!) though there is something about the mix that could be improved upon I think.

alldatndensum wrote:
There wasn't really anything to this that caught my attention.  I am gonna pass on this.

To be expected.  Wink   Our musical tastes Venn Diagram has very little overlap hahahaha.

---------------------------------------------

These guys are also in a couple other bands including Sombre Holiday - which I haven't really checked out much yet - but they have quite a fairly large discography.
https://sombreholiday.bandcamp.com/

Agreed...the atmospheric style would be better with vocals down in the mix. I think a lower vocal register would be good too, but I'm biased.

I find the Venn comment amusing, because you've both pointed me to stuff I find interesting!

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick


Number of posts : 3316
Age : 34
Registration date : 2013-07-17

Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal)   Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2021 4:16 pm

Black Rider wrote:
That explains why it sounds so similar.

What do you think of Sombre Holiday? I've only sampled a few bits but from what I've heard, I like! Maybe then next Bandcamp Friday I'll snag their discography... Smile

ChristTrekker wrote:
I find the Venn comment amusing, because you've both pointed me to stuff I find interesting!

Haha right on!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal)   Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal)
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: