Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BioGenesis is back with "Rise Of The Phoenix"

Go down 
+2
Black Rider
Staybrite
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

BioGenesis is back with "Rise Of The Phoenix" Empty
PostSubject: BioGenesis is back with "Rise Of The Phoenix"   BioGenesis is back with "Rise Of The Phoenix" I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2021 2:17 pm

It looks like Chaz Bond is back with his most recent incarnation of BioGenesis (he has been through several different musicians at this point).

The title track continues with what sounds to me like a combination of heavy US power metal combined with some aggressive thrash elements.  If the whole album was in this style I might buy it.
The second track "By Design" sounds more akin to death metal (at least to my untrained ears).  Lots of growling and screaming from the leather lunged Chaz.  Where they really lose me on this track is that the music sounds "off" for some reason, like weird time signatures, or instruments not playing in time with each other...I'm at a loss for how to explain it.  But the second song is not really something I dig.

I believe this makes the band's fourth full length album (10 tracks on this one).  You can get the cd now from Retroactive/Boon's Overstock right now for $13.99 (or even get the digital download for only $8.99)

https://boonesoverstock.com/products/biogenesis-rise-of-the-phoenix-trading-card-new-cd-2021-retroactive

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: BioGenesis is back with "Rise Of The Phoenix"   BioGenesis is back with "Rise Of The Phoenix" I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2021 4:54 pm

I like those songs but I hear what you're talking about, it's like the instruments aren't mixed cohesively. I'll have to hear more.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1439
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: BioGenesis is back with "Rise Of The Phoenix"   BioGenesis is back with "Rise Of The Phoenix" I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2021 7:15 pm

Pre-ordered!

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: BioGenesis is back with "Rise Of The Phoenix"   BioGenesis is back with "Rise Of The Phoenix" I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2021 11:40 pm

Loved the two videos I watched. The Jim Jones/Jonestown angle adds to the thrash big-time.

Staybrite and Black Rider like this post

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5307
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: BioGenesis is back with "Rise Of The Phoenix"   BioGenesis is back with "Rise Of The Phoenix" I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2021 2:13 am

Sounds great, but a little too heavy for me.  I'll give it a miss, but I do love what they're doing.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.

Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: BioGenesis is back with "Rise Of The Phoenix"   BioGenesis is back with "Rise Of The Phoenix" I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2021 6:53 am

This is one of those bands I could never get into.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Staybrite and MikeInFla like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: BioGenesis is back with "Rise Of The Phoenix"   BioGenesis is back with "Rise Of The Phoenix" I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2021 12:56 pm

Fundy wrote:
Sounds great, but a little too heavy for me.  I'll give it a miss, but I do love what they're doing.

I was wondering what you would think since I thought you really liked the first few albums.

I loved Chaz in Jacob's Dream (especially their final album with him).  I have two of the BioGenesis albums.  I like probably more than half of "The Rise, The Fall, The Rebirth" which was their second album.  I also have "A Decadence Divine" and I dig most of the music on that one, but just can't get into the growly vocals as much.

Fundy likes this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441

PostSubject: Re: BioGenesis is back with "Rise Of The Phoenix"   BioGenesis is back with "Rise Of The Phoenix" I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2021 1:58 pm

I had a couple of albums years ago by Jacob's Dream.  I kinda liked the first two but didn't listen to them at all.  When Chaz joined, it just didn't work for me and I lost interest in them.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: BioGenesis is back with "Rise Of The Phoenix"   BioGenesis is back with "Rise Of The Phoenix" I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2021 4:32 pm

I think he's got a very diverse voice, the music doesn't always grab me but when they're on, they're really good.

Staybrite, Fundy and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5307
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: BioGenesis is back with "Rise Of The Phoenix"   BioGenesis is back with "Rise Of The Phoenix" I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2021 7:48 am

Staybrite wrote:
Fundy wrote:

I was wondering what you would think since I thought you really liked the first few albums.

I loved Chaz in Jacob's Dream (especially their final album with him).  I have two of the BioGenesis albums.  I like probably more than half of "The Rise, The Fall, The Rebirth" which was their second album.  I also have "A Decadence Divine" and I dig most of the music on that one, but just can't get into the growly vocals as much.
I loved The Mark Bleeds Through, but much of that was to do with either the song subjects, or that they were just plain catchy.  As a rule though, Biogenesis is a bit too heavy.  Shame really, as I'd love to own all the albums.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.

Staybrite and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Normaniac

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: BioGenesis is back with "Rise Of The Phoenix"   BioGenesis is back with "Rise Of The Phoenix" I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 9:39 am

Normaniac wrote:
Pre-ordered!
Mine's slated to arrive Wednesday!!  cheers Headbang Rockin'

Staybrite and Fundy like this post

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: BioGenesis is back with "Rise Of The Phoenix"   BioGenesis is back with "Rise Of The Phoenix" I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2021 7:18 am

Make that today!!

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: BioGenesis is back with "Rise Of The Phoenix"   BioGenesis is back with "Rise Of The Phoenix" I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2021 7:35 pm

Downloading, then uploading to YouTube Music!

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: BioGenesis is back with "Rise Of The Phoenix"   BioGenesis is back with "Rise Of The Phoenix" I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2021 9:04 pm

Up through "Breath Forgotten." This concept album is living up to its hype!!
Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: BioGenesis is back with "Rise Of The Phoenix"   BioGenesis is back with "Rise Of The Phoenix" I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2021 8:46 am

Listened to entire thing. Awesome stuff!

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3869

PostSubject: Re: BioGenesis is back with "Rise Of The Phoenix"   BioGenesis is back with "Rise Of The Phoenix" I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2021 10:37 am

I didn't mind the timing or mix (that much), but the tuning is what seemed weird to me.

Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: BioGenesis is back with "Rise Of The Phoenix"   BioGenesis is back with "Rise Of The Phoenix" I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2021 11:01 am

Normaniac wrote:
Listened to entire thing.  Awesome stuff!

Cool, glad to hear you are digging it!

topshot rhit wrote:
I didn't mind the timing or mix (that much), but the tuning is what seemed weird to me.

Oh wow, I didn't think of that.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: BioGenesis is back with "Rise Of The Phoenix"   BioGenesis is back with "Rise Of The Phoenix" I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2021 6:15 pm

Normaniac, you put it on YT? Can we access it?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: BioGenesis is back with "Rise Of The Phoenix"   BioGenesis is back with "Rise Of The Phoenix" I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2021 6:27 pm

Black Rider wrote:
Normaniac, you put it on YT? Can we access it?

Probably not.  Youtube-music is a subscriber service that replaced Google Music a year or so ago.  So it's likely it would only be in his account (kind of like I-tunes).

Black Rider and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BioGenesis is back with "Rise Of The Phoenix"   BioGenesis is back with "Rise Of The Phoenix" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BioGenesis is back with "Rise Of The Phoenix"
Page 1 of 1