Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hendrix cover by members of Whitecross and Guardian

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Oldiesmann

Oldiesmann

Number of posts : 517
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Hendrix cover by members of Whitecross and Guardian Empty
PostSubject: Hendrix cover by members of Whitecross and Guardian   Hendrix cover by members of Whitecross and Guardian I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2021 10:53 pm

Found this tonight. Not a Christian song but Christian musicians doing a Hendrix cover. Featuring Jamie Rowe and David Bach of Guardian and Rex Carroll and Michael Feighan of Whitecross.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.christianmetal.fans
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Hendrix cover by members of Whitecross and Guardian   Hendrix cover by members of Whitecross and Guardian I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2021 6:29 am

Yeah, they tried to start a new band mixing a couple of songs of Whitecross and Guardian.  This song was added to the mix.  It wasn't enough to get fans excited.  If they had done all original songs, I think this train would have rolled out of the station with a lot of fanfare.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

MikeInFla likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23417
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Hendrix cover by members of Whitecross and Guardian   Hendrix cover by members of Whitecross and Guardian I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2021 1:14 pm

At the time they were saying they recorded this EP as a sampler to try and interest music venues for bookings.  I'm pretty certain it was only the four of them that wanted to perform live/tour.  I think the reason they recorded covers of their two main bands was to prove to promoters/venue owners that they could do the songs well (and hopefully attract the older nostalgic fans). I can't remember if it was one of those "crowed sourced" recordings or not, but I have the CD (comes in a cardboard sleeve), and it also came with a "back-stage" kind of pass on a lanyard that was supposed to be good for free admittance to their live show.  Unfortunately I don't think any live shows happened.

I have to confess I was a little bummed about the cover of Spanish Castle Magic.  One of my least favorite of Hendrix's popular songs.

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Hendrix cover by members of Whitecross and Guardian   Hendrix cover by members of Whitecross and Guardian I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2021 4:42 pm

Nice job on the cover. My question is: can Guardian still rock?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Hendrix cover by members of Whitecross and Guardian   Hendrix cover by members of Whitecross and Guardian I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2021 9:18 am

Black Rider wrote:
Nice job on the cover. My question is: can Guardian still rock?

If you go by that last album, they could; but they ain't bringing their A game.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Hendrix cover by members of Whitecross and Guardian   Hendrix cover by members of Whitecross and Guardian I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2021 10:55 am

What I think is that members of Whitecross start over and over again with new projects.
What the fans really want is a brandnew Whitecross album if that ever is going to happen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hendrix cover by members of Whitecross and Guardian   Hendrix cover by members of Whitecross and Guardian I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hendrix cover by members of Whitecross and Guardian
Page 1 of 1