Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Guardian!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

New Guardian! Empty
PostSubject: New Guardian!   New Guardian! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 4:17 pm

Guardian has the digital EP called "Three To Get Ready" that has been released on iTunes (yes, I said it out loud, folks) and Amazon MP3. I am listening to it right now, and it sounds like a mix of "Miracle Mile" and "Buzz". I just hope this EP shows that there is still a demand for Guardian's music. To make it longer, I added their remake of Neil Young's "Rockin' The Free World" to make this a 4 song EP. I am just glad to have some new Guardian!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

New Guardian! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Guardian!   New Guardian! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 5:26 pm

Listening now to the English songs.
This sounds great.
To bad the samples are so short.
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

New Guardian! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Guardian!   New Guardian! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 10:19 pm

I think it is really good. Definitley leaves you wanting more from them. I think the song Reaching is a fantastic song and has quickly become a top 10 favorite of mine. The bad news about it is that it is a 3 song ep, but the great news is it's Guardian and years of rumors, false starts and such as come to reality.

BTW, if you want it from Amazon you have to type Guardian Three To Get Ready as for some reason it doesn't show up (at least it didn't) if you just typed in Guardian
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

New Guardian! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Guardian!   New Guardian! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 1:24 am

I've only listened to it once, but I agree that it seems a bit like a mix between Miracle Mile and Buzz. I do think what I've heard leans a little more towards Miracle Mile though. Either way it sounds good, and I hope to hear more from the guys.

alldatndensum wrote:
To make it longer, I added their remake of Neil Young's "Rockin' The Free World" to make this a 4 song EP. I am just glad to have some new Guardian!

Ha, I did the same thing!

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

New Guardian! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Guardian!   New Guardian! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 1:55 am

This was mostly meant to be something to tide over fans until they release the full-length next year. Color me excited!!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

New Guardian! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Guardian!   New Guardian! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 9:59 am

Quote :
I do think what I've heard leans a little more towards Miracle Mile though.

Really? I hear that on the solos, but Jamie's singing (some in a lower register), the rhythm guitar tone, and even the song structure remind me Of "Lead The Way" or "Psychedelics Runaway" from Buzz. But, I always thought that Buzz was just as good as Guardian's earlier material. It's just more raw, stripped down rock. Even the slower song reminds me of "Take The Hand Of The Father" (one of my favorite Guardian songs).

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

New Guardian! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Guardian!   New Guardian! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 2:55 pm

I always forget that Psychedelic Runaway is from Buzz, but yes I hear that. I was thinking more about feeling rather than vocal register. The songs have a more upbeat tone to them (much like Miracle Mile) and a little less somber (like a majority of the songs on Buzz). "Take the Hand of the Father" has got to be my favorite track from Buzz, but it has that kind of somber brooding almost "grunge" like quality to it (not that the entrie Buzz album was that way). And none of the tracks off the new EP sound that way to me....but maybe they will with repeated listens.

Does that make any sense?
At any rate, I like it.

rockerVu2

New Guardian! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Guardian!   New Guardian! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 5:25 pm

I wonder why Guardian will release 3 English songs and 3 Spanish songs and why an EP and not a full length CD?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

New Guardian! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Guardian!   New Guardian! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 6:07 pm

I am betting they released an EP to see if people will buy new music from the band. It is a lot cheaper from them to record and produce three songs then an entire album worth of songs. If the EP sells well enough they will probably go back into the studio and record a full lenght album.
For some reason Guardian seem to be really popular in Latin America. This is not the first time they have recorded music in Spanish.

Admin
alldatndensum

New Guardian! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Guardian!   New Guardian! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 6:29 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
I wonder why Guardian will release 3 English songs and 3 Spanish songs and why an EP and not a full length CD?

Like Gary said, they have a lot of Spanish speaking fans. The Spanish songs are the same as the English--just with the different language. I think it's cool although I did not buy the Spanish tracks.

I hope this does exceptionally well so that they will continue putting out new music. At least now the Guardian reunion is real.

Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

New Guardian! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Guardian!   New Guardian! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 6:34 pm

Staybrite wrote:
I am betting they released an EP to see if people will buy new music from the band. It is a lot cheaper from them to record and produce three songs then an entire album worth of songs. If the EP sells well enough they will probably go back into the studio and record a full lenght album.
For some reason Guardian seem to be really popular in Latin America. This is not the first time they have recorded music in Spanish.

I think Staybrite is right. I read a post on thier facebook a while back where Jamie said

Quote :
It seems Guardian fans did want new music! I hope sales are as good as the chatter. We'll be making more music soon! - Jamie

I expect that we'll be seeing a new full length album in the near future.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

New Guardian! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Guardian!   New Guardian! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 6:51 pm

I only downloaded the English songs as well. The Spanish songs sound cool, but I didn't really feel the need to have the same song in two different languages

rockerVu2

New Guardian! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Guardian!   New Guardian! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 10:47 am

Maybe when you buy the EP there's a Spanish dictionary added?
I understand it now, better to release an EP and see how it sells than a full length no one is selling.
Yep the Guardian reuinion is reality now.
I have seen Guardian live last year.
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

New Guardian! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Guardian!   New Guardian! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 9:01 pm

If I remember right, Jamie said that they did write a lot more songs then the 3 that appear on the ep. I get the impression that this will indeed turn into a full length next year.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

New Guardian! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Guardian!   New Guardian! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 10:55 am

I hope that's going to happen Chosenone.
At least one band is back, oh yeah it's only an EP, but what I have read there might be a full length CD in the near future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Guardian! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Guardian!   New Guardian! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Guardian!
Page 1 of 1