Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Saint coming in 2021!!!

Go down 
+7
topshot rhit
MikeInFla
kerrick
Staybrite
Through The Dark Radio
Fundy
alldatndensum
11 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23473
Registration date : 2007-01-30

New Saint coming in 2021!!! Empty
PostSubject: New Saint coming in 2021!!!   New Saint coming in 2021!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2020 10:06 am

I found this on their FB page:

Finished up pre-production about four months ago, most of the final tracks are done now. Have a few odds and ends to put together and Bam! New LP.. should be by spring 2021

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Black Rider and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: New Saint coming in 2021!!!   New Saint coming in 2021!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2020 10:36 am

Okay, this is great news!  Lots of new stuff coming out!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: New Saint coming in 2021!!!   New Saint coming in 2021!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2020 10:39 am

Great!! Now time to guess which song title will be misspelled  Very Happy

Black Rider, MikeInFla and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: New Saint coming in 2021!!!   New Saint coming in 2021!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2020 12:01 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:

At this point, you almost want to think that the misspelling is a gimmick for them.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: New Saint coming in 2021!!!   New Saint coming in 2021!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2020 12:46 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Through The Dark Radio wrote:

At this point, you almost want to think that the misspelling is a gimmick for them.

Absolutely!   I mean, I look for it...might even be disappointed if it wasn't there.  A true hallmark of a "working man's" band.

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: New Saint coming in 2021!!!   New Saint coming in 2021!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2020 1:32 pm

Saint is a band I've never been able to get into though I know I should like them.  Where would y'all suggest someone who has only heard bits and pieces of them to start?

On a related note, some years ago D@V!D (from CMR) and I battled hours of traffic on an awfully hot and sticky day to go see Saint play live at a little bar only to arrive and discover that it had been cancelled with no announcements online or anything.  We were very disappointed but had a nice time just hanging out anyways.

rockerVu2 likes this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: New Saint coming in 2021!!!   New Saint coming in 2021!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2020 1:56 pm

Start with their newest "The Calf" as they have a new singer.  They don't sound like they are deliberately trying to sound like Judas Priest.

kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: New Saint coming in 2021!!!   New Saint coming in 2021!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2020 3:44 pm

Yeah, The Calf is awesome, best release of 2019 or 2020 and now with a new one they can have the best of 2021! Looking forward to it! I think over the best decade they have become my favorite Christian band. 

One of my all time favorites came from that album:

kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: New Saint coming in 2021!!!   New Saint coming in 2021!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2020 5:15 pm

Thanks!  I listened to that album and it's very good.  I may have to pick up their stuff one of these days...
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3875

PostSubject: Re: New Saint coming in 2021!!!   New Saint coming in 2021!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2020 6:01 pm

kerrick wrote:
Saint is a band I've never been able to get into though I know I should like them.

I agree

alldatndensum wrote:
Start with their newest "The Calf" as they have a new singer.  They don't sound like they are deliberately trying to sound like Judas Priest.

Hopefully I'll end up like Kerrick as well though I doubt I'll pick up anything older I don't already have. I'm not sure if it's just because they sounded like a poor JP knockoff that had turned me off to them, but a new singer would be a good thing.

rockerVu2 and kerrick like this post

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: New Saint coming in 2021!!!   New Saint coming in 2021!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2020 6:09 pm

I'd say pick up Hellblade. Yeah, it sounds like JP but they're doing it better then Priest has lately.

MikeInFla likes this post

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: New Saint coming in 2021!!!   New Saint coming in 2021!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2020 6:17 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
kerrick wrote:
Saint is a band I've never been able to get into though I know I should like them.

I agree

alldatndensum wrote:

Hopefully I'll end up like Kerrick as well though I doubt I'll pick up anything older I don't already have. I'm not sure if it's just because they sounded like a poor JP knockoff that had turned me off to them, but a new singer would be a good thing.

^Their older stuff is definitely very - perhaps too - similar to Judas Priest in style... though the songs I have heard seemed pretty well written and good quality: able to stand on their own.  But for whatever reason, I just haven't been hooked yet, though the above song is helping sway that haha.  I think part of it could be that all the end-times lyrics are a bit of a turnoff for me.  It seems a little too... Jehovah's Witnesses or Seventh Day Adventist.  Anyone know what denomination/background they're coming from?
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: New Saint coming in 2021!!!   New Saint coming in 2021!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2020 6:29 pm

With Josh on vocals I'd say "The Mark" is pretty much top notch, with Too Late For Living also incredibly good.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
crucifyd

crucifyd

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2016-02-12

PostSubject: Re: New Saint coming in 2021!!!   New Saint coming in 2021!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2020 7:34 pm

kerrick wrote:
Saint is a band I've never been able to get into though I know I should like them.  Where would y'all suggest someone who has only heard bits and pieces of them to start?

I don't know if starting with a band's best record is a good idea...
but you should start with Saint's best record...

This. Is. Heavy. Metal.

New Saint coming in 2021!!! 9k=

kerrick, Through The Dark Radio and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.crucifyd.com
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: New Saint coming in 2021!!!   New Saint coming in 2021!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2020 8:34 pm

Still a favorite after all of these years!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: New Saint coming in 2021!!!   New Saint coming in 2021!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2021 5:19 am

Quote :
Saint is a band I've never been able to get into though

For me the same Kerrick and Topshot.

There's one CD I really like from Saint.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: New Saint coming in 2021!!!   New Saint coming in 2021!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2021 5:36 am

Another one of my favorites from The Calf
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: New Saint coming in 2021!!!   New Saint coming in 2021!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2021 6:29 pm

I get that, but Saint is far more than that.  Sure, Time's End, Too Late For Living, and The Mark were all heavy with the end times lyrics, other albums have not.

MikeInFla likes this post

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: New Saint coming in 2021!!!   New Saint coming in 2021!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2021 12:43 pm

Well, considering the time those albums came out and what was big in Christianity, it's not too surprising that they dealt with a lot of end times stuff. And I agree that Times End is just a fantastic album but quite a bit different from The Calf. And I remember that a friend of Josh Kramer was playing around, trying to get the "Judas Priest" sound and finally got it. So that's why Saint went with the sound.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Saint coming in 2021!!!   New Saint coming in 2021!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Saint coming in 2021!!!
Page 1 of 1