Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Diary of the Damned

Go down 
+7
topshot rhit
Jen5
Normaniac
Staybrite
Fundy
Black Rider
JLE3
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1439
Registration date : 2018-04-12

Diary of the Damned - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diary of the Damned   Diary of the Damned - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2020 3:49 am

Jamming to Overlord right now. It shreddeth, yea verily!
Back to top Go down
JLE3

JLE3

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2016-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Diary of the Damned   Diary of the Damned - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2020 8:41 am

Normaniac wrote:
Jamming to Overlord right now.  It shreddeth, yea verily!

That is one of my favorites!

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.evansandstokes.com
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1439
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Diary of the Damned   Diary of the Damned - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2020 10:00 am

Brutal picking, John! Jen's vocals remind me of a cross of Wendi Kaiser of Rez, Jefferson Airplane-era Grace Slick, and a bit of Joan Jett (JJ's intensity)!

JLE3 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Diary of the Damned   Diary of the Damned - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2020 5:11 pm

Scored my E&S swag!!!!
Ripping the disc right now, will be jamming in a few minutes here.

Diary of the Damned - Page 4 Es_swa10

Jen5 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Diary of the Damned   Diary of the Damned - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2020 5:44 pm

Once again, brother, you've seen it all before me (apart from the signed photo, of course, lol).
Back to top Go down
JLE3

JLE3

PostSubject: Re: Diary of the Damned   Diary of the Damned - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2020 6:32 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Scored my E&S swag!!!!
Ripping the disc right now, will be jamming in a few minutes here.

Diary of the Damned - Page 4 Es_swa10

Awesome. Rock on brother...

Staybrite and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Diary of the Damned   Diary of the Damned - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2020 8:16 pm

Jen5 wrote:
Once again, brother, you've seen it all before me (apart from the signed photo, of course, lol).

That just doesn't seem right.  However, if you insist on keeping your distribution center in the U.S. that is probably going to continue.  Laughing  It's certainly not as if I'm hearing the music before you.  Wink

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Diary of the Damned   Diary of the Damned - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2020 10:29 pm

I finally got to listen to the album today.  I like it!  Jen still reminds me of Stevie Nicks if she had sang for a metal act.  The music, while there are some faster moments, comes off slow and almost doomy overall.  It is definitely not what anyone else in the Christian scene is really doing right now.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Diary of the Damned   Diary of the Damned - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2020 5:02 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I finally got to listen to the album today.  I like it!  Jen still reminds me of Stevie Nicks if she had sang for a metal act.  The music, while there are some faster moments, comes off slow and almost doomy overall.  It is definitely not what anyone else in the Christian scene is really doing right now.

Agreed, it's like this mix of progressive, gothic-tinged, doomy, thrashy melodic metal.  But it all works.

Back to top Go down
JLE3

JLE3

PostSubject: Re: Diary of the Damned   Diary of the Damned - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2020 9:47 pm

Hey thanks guys!! Glad you're liking it! It is a mix of genres for sure and I'm happy it seems to be as Chris said, "not what anyone else is doing right now".

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441

PostSubject: Re: Diary of the Damned   Diary of the Damned - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2020 7:52 am

JLE3 wrote:
Hey thanks guys!! Glad you're liking it! It is a mix of genres for sure and I'm happy it seems to be as Chris said, "not what anyone else is doing right now".

Well, that is definitely a plus!  I guess we should also add that, not only are you doing something different, your are doing it well.  Some folks have tried through the years to do something different, but they didn't do it as well as it needed to be.  My old Mission Of One stuff, to me, is that way.  I probably should retire the name altogether or re-record everything worthwhile from the ground up.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3869

PostSubject: Re: Diary of the Damned   Diary of the Damned - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2020 10:05 am

alldatndensum wrote:
I guess we should also add that, not only are you doing something different, your are doing it well.

I agree You Rock

Mine FINALLY arrived yesterday so I listened to it several times and am listening again now.  Twisted Evil  Solid production and mixing give this a full rich sound though I would still prefer to have Jen just a tad higher in some places because of her unique enunciation at times. It has a nice dose of prog elements, power metal and some thrash. This was nearly a concept album as most of the songs would fit together as sort of an actual "Diary" if they were ordered differently. I thought maybe it was given the intro/outro pieces (which I believe should be just a normal fireplace rather than the bonfire it sounds like geek ) but Overlord should definitely be closer to the end and I would have moved a couple other songs. Interestingly, I think this will be harder for me to sing along to than your first album despite your concentration on musical/lyrical hooks. Perhaps repeated listening will cure that but that will have to wait a while. Sad

I predict 95% from Angelic Warlord. Thumbs Up

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Diary of the Damned   Diary of the Damned - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2020 12:49 pm

topshot rhit wrote:

I predict 95% from Angelic Warlord. Thumbs Up

Me too!

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Diary of the Damned   Diary of the Damned - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2020 3:24 pm

You guys have no idea how relieved I am to read this thread today. As an artist, you put everything into your work and you think you've got it right, but there's never any way to know what other people outside the creative process will think. Thank you for putting my mind at ease.

topshot rhit and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Diary of the Damned   Diary of the Damned - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2020 3:30 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I guess we should also add that, not only are you doing something different, your are doing it well.  Some folks have tried through the years to do something different, but they didn't do it as well as it needed to be.  My old Mission Of One stuff, to me, is that way.  I probably should retire the name altogether or re-record everything worthwhile from the ground up.

I hear ya, Chris. It is always so tempting to revisit old stuff because with every production, we learn more about what it takes to produce music. It's one thing to write a good tune, but it's a whole other thing to actually produce that tune. I sometimes think about revisiting Beyond the Gates. I look at it and think, awesome bones, dripping with potential, but not quite as good as it could be

Back to top Go down
JLE3

JLE3

PostSubject: Re: Diary of the Damned   Diary of the Damned - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2021 9:17 pm

Video for our new song OVERLORD, from our album Diary of the Damned. Thanks again to all of you who purchased the album, and for your feedback! We've been on the top request list on Dead to Self Radio all week and we couldn't be more excited! Very cool to have such a positive response. It's the fuel that our engines need so we can start them up again and begin work on ESV!

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5307
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Diary of the Damned   Diary of the Damned - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2021 11:36 am

Diary of the Damned - Page 4 Es10

Going to be a good evening ahead!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.

topshot rhit and Staybrite like this post

Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diary of the Damned   Diary of the Damned - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Diary of the Damned
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4