Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Herbie from Sinbreed...

Go down 
+6
Staybrite
Fundy
Black Rider
bassdude
MikeInFla
Follower of Jesus
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

Herbie from Sinbreed... Empty
PostSubject: Herbie from Sinbreed...   Herbie from Sinbreed... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2020 7:21 pm

...is now the lead singer for Firewind. Interesting. The new album with him singing is released this Friday.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Herbie from Sinbreed...   Herbie from Sinbreed... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2020 8:05 pm

Any samples? Have never heard of either band.
Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Herbie from Sinbreed...   Herbie from Sinbreed... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2020 8:08 am

His voice should be a great fit for Firewind....I hate to see him straying farther from Christian music.
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Herbie from Sinbreed...   Herbie from Sinbreed... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2020 8:21 am

What Bassdude said.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5323
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Herbie from Sinbreed...   Herbie from Sinbreed... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2020 1:55 pm

Same here, it is a shame.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Herbie from Sinbreed...   Herbie from Sinbreed... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2020 2:51 pm

I have to confess I wasn't a huge fan of his vocals.  I know he did an album as the lead singer of Voodoo Circle (which is kind of an 80's/90's Whitesnake kinda sounding band), I didn't think he fit well there.  But if he's trying to make a paying career out of being a metal/hard rock vocalist I can certainly understand whey he wouldn't stick with just making Christian music.

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Herbie from Sinbreed...   Herbie from Sinbreed... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2020 6:00 pm

I see no problem with him singing in a secular band. No different than me working for a secular consulting firm.
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Herbie from Sinbreed...   Herbie from Sinbreed... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2020 6:42 pm

Except some of the lyrics are pretty worldly.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Herbie from Sinbreed...   Herbie from Sinbreed... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2020 11:12 am

Black Rider wrote:

But consider that Eurpoean culture is a bit different from American culture.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Herbie from Sinbreed...   Herbie from Sinbreed... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2020 1:13 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Black Rider wrote:

But consider that Eurpoean culture is a bit different from American culture.

I don't get that.  Oh, maybe in religious circles, but we are getting to the point that secularism runs amok even in churches in the USA.  Christians here drink, smoke, have tattoos, etc. and don't enjoy typical church environments just like in Europe.  Obama declared us to no longer be a Christian nation, and he was right.

I think many older Christians feel uncomfortable with a believer being in a band where the lyrics are rather worldly depending on content.  Oh, if the songs are clean and positive, we have all learned to accept that.  But, if a Christian does a 180 with their art and starts singing stuff like Motley Crue for example, then we are prone to wonder if that person's faith has derailed.  For the most part, if you see a Christian artist make that change, it has been our experience that their faith pretty much has died.

Regardless, I won't check this out.  I didn't care for Seventh Avenue that much and Sinbreed's debut even less.  So, to be honest, really just am not interested in what Herbie is doing.  He is talented, but I just never really connected with his music.  I can be a bit weird like that.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5323
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Herbie from Sinbreed...   Herbie from Sinbreed... I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2020 3:12 am

I listen to almost no nonchristian albums.  I don't have a problem with them, I just want something that strengthens my faith.  Herbie seems to have been drifting away from being in Christian bands for a while.  Way back when Seventh Avenue quit they said they wanted to move away from the Christian label and try and make their sound get a wider audience.  That's fine, but as most Christian artists know, they're not in it for the money, they're in it for the Lord.

I won't be checking his new stuff out.  I doubt anything he did could top Terium anyway.  that album was incredible

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
My Awesome Timothy

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2016-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Herbie from Sinbreed...   Herbie from Sinbreed... I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2020 7:15 am

He did recently sing on this.....

Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Herbie from Sinbreed...   Herbie from Sinbreed... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2020 5:14 pm

The Sinbreed debut was brilliant imo... His Seventh Avenue stuff was ok in my book...

Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Herbie from Sinbreed...   Herbie from Sinbreed... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2020 8:17 am

I thought the last three Seventh Ave albums were really good and I agree, the first Sinbreed was great.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Herbie from Sinbreed...   Herbie from Sinbreed... I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2020 5:20 pm

Black Rider wrote:
I thought the last three Seventh Ave albums were really good and I agree, the first Sinbreed was great.

Sinbreed !! Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Herbie from Sinbreed...   Herbie from Sinbreed... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Herbie from Sinbreed...
Page 1 of 1