Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

News From The Saint Front

Go down 
+8
oldschooldoom
Fundy
Normaniac
Staybrite
Through The Dark Radio
MikeInFla
Black Rider
alldatndensum
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

News From The Saint Front - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: News From The Saint Front   News From The Saint Front - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2019 11:15 am

I am not on FB someone message Rich and ask when they will be sent out.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: News From The Saint Front   News From The Saint Front - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2019 10:47 pm

Got my download links! Will download on Sat morning
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23467
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: News From The Saint Front   News From The Saint Front - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2019 11:02 pm

I am downloading tonight and will listen on Saturday morning.  This should be great sermon prep music!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5324
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: News From The Saint Front   News From The Saint Front - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2019 5:31 am

I'm trying not to buy the download. and wait for the physical CD to come out.  But... it's... proving... rather... difficult...

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23421
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: News From The Saint Front   News From The Saint Front - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2019 11:37 am

Did you guys preorder the cd and get download links for the MP3s?
I downloaded preordered this last week and haven't seen anything in my inbox except a receipt from Paypal.  scratch

Last edited by Staybrite on Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: News From The Saint Front   News From The Saint Front - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2019 6:20 pm

I pre-ordered the CD and the download links were sent Friday night. Grabbed it Saturday and put on my phone but I don't know any of the song titles, for some reason they are on my phone as "unknown artist" and listed as "Track 1", etc. No big deal because I have the songs. 

It sounds really good, I am pleased. It reminds me of Broad Is The Gate in style but I like it better than Broad. Still like Hell Blade and Desperate Night better but this is a very good album. Will get tons of plays when I have time
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: News From The Saint Front   News From The Saint Front - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2019 7:20 pm

This album reminds me a lot of Desperate Night.  The new singer reminds me of John Corabi (Motley Crue).  The opening track feels like they were going for that vibe, and then the album kicks in to the Saint style.  The new singer doesn't sound like Josh, but he fits their sound overall.  I am diggin' the new record!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
oldschooldoom

oldschooldoom

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: News From The Saint Front   News From The Saint Front - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2019 12:33 am

I'm loving the whole album!
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: News From The Saint Front   News From The Saint Front - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2019 9:01 am

John Corabi is a good comparison from what I've been able to hear so far. Sounds good to my ears.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23421
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: News From The Saint Front   News From The Saint Front - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2019 5:50 pm

Hmm, guess I will have to wait for the cd....assuming it comes.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: News From The Saint Front   News From The Saint Front - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2019 6:24 pm

Black Rider wrote:
John Corabi is a good comparison from what I've been able to hear so far. Sounds good to my ears.

Mine too!  I will miss Josh, but I think the new singer will be a good fit.

Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: News From The Saint Front   News From The Saint Front - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2019 7:17 am

I've listened through the entire album multiple times now. First impression is that this is a great Saint release that will take its place alongside the classic Saint albums.

I think the new vocalist has a perfect voice for this band. He reminds me a lot of Josh Kramer while not sounding like a clone. He can hit all the notes - high and low - and has a general mid-range, rough-edged voice that fits Saint perfectly.

The thing that stands out here, to me, is the songwriting. There is some classic-sounding Saint here, to be sure. But there's some new kinds of arrangements and sounds that are not classic Saint, but still sound good. Other than "God is God", I don't know the songs well enough to name ones I think have this different sound, but it's all over the place. 

Side note - anyone else hear the similarity between at the beginning of "Fine Line" and the Scorpions' "Pictured Life"? I don't mean that it's a ripoff; it's more like Saint wearing their influences on their sleeve. I really like it.

I feel like Saint has changed their sound just a little bit. If you like recent Saint albums, I think you'll really enjoy this one too. It's not a radical change. But I really appreciate the tweaks they've worked in here and there.

Time will tell, but I suspect this may well be my favorite of the post-reunion albums. It's tough to top Hell Blade, but this just might do it.
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: News From The Saint Front   News From The Saint Front - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2019 8:48 am

I don't think it will top Hell Blade but it's a a great album. I need a physical copy.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: News From The Saint Front   News From The Saint Front - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2019 11:41 am

Follower of Jesus wrote:
Side note - anyone else hear the similarity between at the beginning of "Fine Line" and the Scorpions' "Pictured Life"? I don't mean that it's a ripoff; it's more like Saint wearing their influences on their sleeve. I really like it.

I don't think Fine Line and Pictured Life sound all that similar other than a little guitar trill in the opening sequence.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Pro-Zak

Pro-Zak

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2013-08-03

PostSubject: Re: News From The Saint Front   News From The Saint Front - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2019 11:44 am

Black Rider wrote:
I don't think it will top Hell Blade but it's a a great album. I need a physical copy.
Not a chance in Hell Blade!  Headbang
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: News From The Saint Front   News From The Saint Front - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2019 2:41 pm

This is quickly becoming a favorite Saint record. This is probably the best produced, mixed, and mastered Saint album. “Rise” is, so far, my favorite track. The slow chug of “Fine Line” is pretty awesome too. There’s not a bad song here. I hope this sells really well for them.
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: News From The Saint Front   News From The Saint Front - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2019 6:45 pm

I agree, might be a top three album by them.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: News From The Saint Front   News From The Saint Front - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2019 4:19 pm

CD shipped today!
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: News From The Saint Front   News From The Saint Front - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2019 4:29 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
CD shipped today!

Got my notification as well  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5324
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: News From The Saint Front   News From The Saint Front - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2019 6:23 am

Rats!  Sometimes there's a downside to living in the UK.  I'm waiting for Nordic Mission to get a stock in!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: News From The Saint Front   News From The Saint Front - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2020 3:06 pm

I just listened to this yesterday while I was doing some work in the yard.  I had to stop and give it the respect it deserved.  This is a GREAT album!!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: News From The Saint Front   News From The Saint Front - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2020 10:57 am

It is the best non-Josh disc.  I am almost to the point of calling it the best Saint album.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News From The Saint Front   News From The Saint Front - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

News From The Saint Front
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2