Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tom Johns closing up shop

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

Tom Johns closing up shop Empty
PostSubject: Tom Johns closing up shop   Tom Johns closing up shop I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2019 3:04 pm

So sad to read that Tom Johns' radio show, A Near Live Experience, will air for the last time tomorrow morning.
https://www.facebook.com/130679960354795/posts/2482439655178802/?sfnsn=mo
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Tom Johns closing up shop   Tom Johns closing up shop I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2019 3:00 pm

So no more "Dead to Self Radio"?

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Tom Johns closing up shop   Tom Johns closing up shop I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2019 2:39 pm

No, no. At least I hope not. He's no longer going to record his weekly show, A Near Live Experience, which airs (aired) on Dead to Self Radio and was syndicated on others. I've taped the show in the past to listen at a more sane hour (it was on at like 4am here in NZ). It was worth the effort because he played a lot of stuff I'd never heard before so listening to ANLE was like an education for me as well as being an entertaining show.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Tom Johns closing up shop   Tom Johns closing up shop I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2019 4:07 pm

Ok, I see.  That makes sense.  Kind of a bummer to lose any good streaming/podcast radio.

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Tom Johns closing up shop   Tom Johns closing up shop I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2019 4:11 pm

It is. Especially one so experienced at Tom. I value shows like Tom's and Kelly's for the new music they bring. Yes, we can all search the web for new stuff, but I quite like listening to a show where I don't know what's coming next. It's always a surprise and I always come away with something new.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tom Johns closing up shop   Tom Johns closing up shop I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tom Johns closing up shop
Page 1 of 1