Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

It is time to buy a music player...

Go down 
+11
Normaniac
ChristTrekker
topshot rhit
Staybrite
MikeInFla
Through The Dark Radio
Black Rider
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
messiaen77
Dynamis
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3493
Registration date : 2013-07-17

It is time to buy a music player... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It is time to buy a music player...   It is time to buy a music player... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2019 12:12 pm

Well I ordered an early Christmas present for myself: a Sony Walkman NW-A45 to replace my old and overfilled iPod.  I'm looking forward to it coming in!  I was heavily considering the FiiO but ended up opting for the Sony.  I downloaded their music software and am a little disappointed with some of the lack of sorting options but oh well.  (You can't sort album by artist by year like iTunes can, and the songs are out of order...)  I might just keep iTunes on my laptop for playing music while I work.  We'll see.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: It is time to buy a music player...   It is time to buy a music player... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2019 6:17 pm

Most music players will have you working to correct these issues.  I add the song number to each song title on my FiiO.  It works great.  To sort by year, add the year to the album title file name.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3493
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: It is time to buy a music player...   It is time to buy a music player... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2019 4:21 pm

Thanks!  Actually, I figured it out.  I'm used to iTunes for which when you click on the, say, "Album" column header, it sorts by album and maintains the track order.  If you want to do that in the Sony software, you need to first click on the track number header, then the album header.  No need to rename the track titles which is nice.  I'm actually really impressed with how easy it is to move my library over to the new software.  It appears that I don't even have to convert any file types or anything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It is time to buy a music player...   It is time to buy a music player... - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It is time to buy a music player...
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3