Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CHRISTmas Music time... almost

Go down 
+3
alldatndensum
Staybrite
Guilty/Forgiven
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9922
Registration date : 2007-05-18

CHRISTmas Music time... almost Empty
PostSubject: CHRISTmas Music time... almost   CHRISTmas Music time... almost I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 10:57 am

Time to start beefing up your Christmas music for the jolly season where even athiests take time to listen to songs that glorify our Saviour.

Let's hear from you -

1. What's your fav album you MUST spin every Christmas ?

2. Which album (or song) can you NOT STAND hearing every year ?

3. Are there any new (or new to you) albums you plan on getting for 2010 Christmas ?

4. When do you start listening to Christmas music ? Right after Thanksgiving, Dec. 1st, or a couple weeks before the 25th, or just on Christmas day ?

5. Any Christmas specific albums that you listen to any time of the year (ie for me, it's Michael Card: The Promise --- intended to be a Christmas album, but so Non-Traditional and Spiritually deep that you can listen to it all year 'round)

...........................Ho Ho Ho
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTmas Music time... almost   CHRISTmas Music time... almost I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 11:15 am

Though it be a short album, I HAVE to have Theocracy rock my Christmas every year. It's a MUST ! Michael W Smith's 1st Christmas album is one I have to hear every December for sentimental reasons.

My apologies to Ken, but, I really can't stomach Tamplin's 'The Colors of Christmas' album. I so wish he rocked it up like his earlier sounds.
I'm also done with Feliz Navidad (could be cuz where I worked previously - they'd play it 3 or 4 times a day, everyday for a month !!! ahhhhhhhhh !!! !! ! )

I spent 2010 collecting Christmas albums to really beef up my listening options for December. In the neighborhood of 60 to 80 new Holiday albums. Oh yeahhhh [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I start listening to "Christmas" music on Thanksgiving day. We usually have around 20 + people over and I play a shuffled mega-mix of 20% popular (secular) everyday tunes, 20% Christmas music and 60% CCM and Christian Rock......
and some Barry Manilow for my daughter (long, but funny story).

That's my skinny on the season
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTmas Music time... almost   CHRISTmas Music time... almost I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 11:44 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

2. Which album (or song) can you NOT STAND hearing every year ?

All of them.

I know it makes me sound like a scrooge but for some reason I really don't care for most Christmas music. My wife loves it though, and usually starts playing it right around thanksgiving.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTmas Music time... almost   CHRISTmas Music time... almost I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 4:21 pm

I don't do Christmas music until after Thanksgiving. Even then, I mix it in with my regular stuff.

Must hears:

Third Day - Christmas Offerings
Rock Power Praise 2 - Christmas
Brian Setzer Orchestra

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3868
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTmas Music time... almost   CHRISTmas Music time... almost I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 6:04 pm

1. Johnny Mathis' "Merry Christmas"

2. If the Chipmunks have one, that would be it. Since I mostly shop online, I'm not tortured much by Muzak also.

3. Can't even remember when I last bought a CD & no plans to do so.

4. After T day.

Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTmas Music time... almost   CHRISTmas Music time... almost I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 8:13 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

Must hears:

Third Day - Christmas Offerings

I should probably try this one, I might actually like it (ditto with the Brian Setzer Orch. album)

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2550
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTmas Music time... almost   CHRISTmas Music time... almost I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 6:26 am

1~ I don't think I have an absolute "fav" Christmas disc. Yet the ones I always play are those from Trans Siberian Orchestra,Rock Power Praise 2 - Christmas, and yes Ken Tamplins The Colors of Christmas. I actually love Ken's disc partly because it is a little bit of more so "traditional" Christmas music .

Plus I have to play Reason for the Season and Winter Wonderland by Stryper...of coarse.

I still have a few compilations on cassettes I wish I had on CD since they have some songs I really like such as Little Drummer Boy by White Heart .

I tend to start listening to Christmas music at different times each year,sometime between Thanksgiving and a couple weeks before Christmas.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTmas Music time... almost   CHRISTmas Music time... almost I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 9:16 am

Me listening to Christmas music?
I only listen to Christmas music in the week before Christmas.
My favorite Christmas CDs are from Third Day and Rock Power Praise.

The Chipmunks are Christmas CD?
That will be funny.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTmas Music time... almost   CHRISTmas Music time... almost I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 11:53 am

Quote :
Reason for the Season and Winter Wonderland by Stryper

CLASSICS ! I was so stoked when those first came out, I think that's all I played for Christmas that year.

Oh and add the Chipmunks to my most despised ! Can't stand that noise.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTmas Music time... almost   CHRISTmas Music time... almost I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 11:54 am

I finally got some Trans-Siberian this year... have no idea what I'm in for but I can't wait to listen to them.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5302
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTmas Music time... almost   CHRISTmas Music time... almost I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 5:22 pm

I only listen to Christmas music in December, and Theocracy's stuff is pretty much at the top of the pile.

Rock Power Praise 2 is great aswell

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTmas Music time... almost   CHRISTmas Music time... almost I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 8:47 pm

My favorite Christmas music:

Northern Lights Orchestra
Trans-Siberian Orchestra
Michael W. Smith
Amy Grant
August Burns Red
Future of Forestry
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTmas Music time... almost   CHRISTmas Music time... almost I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 12:08 am

I got "Hillsong -Celebrating Christmas" since I've never heard any Hillsong (and they came recommended from Chris).
Hope it's a good one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTmas Music time... almost   CHRISTmas Music time... almost I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 9:19 am

This just in (yesterday, anyway): Russ Taff will be releasing a new Christmas album. His first one, released over a decade ago, is a jazz-style jamfest filled with mellufluous goodness.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTmas Music time... almost   CHRISTmas Music time... almost I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CHRISTmas Music time... almost
Page 1 of 1