Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Today's nostalgia trip-Apostle

Go down 
+6
rockerVu2
Guilty/Forgiven
Staybrite
MikeInFla
Through The Dark Radio
Black Rider
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

Today's nostalgia trip-Apostle Empty
PostSubject: Today's nostalgia trip-Apostle   Today's nostalgia trip-Apostle I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2019 11:48 am

With the rise of bands like Saint, Barnabas and Daniel Band it's a surprise these guys didn't get picked up. Guitar wise this album rips and with some better production would be one of the classics.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Today's nostalgia trip-Apostle   Today's nostalgia trip-Apostle I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2019 12:08 pm

Apostle is definitely a great band and put out some stellar work.  Being in Florida didn't seem to help them much.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3111
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Today's nostalgia trip-Apostle   Today's nostalgia trip-Apostle I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2019 1:17 pm

Good stuff! Another one I didn't know about!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Today's nostalgia trip-Apostle   Today's nostalgia trip-Apostle I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2019 3:41 pm

They need to release some of the Apostle stuff on CD.  I've never seen anything on sale (on cd) except for the "Prepare to Meet God" album (and it was used for over $30).

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Today's nostalgia trip-Apostle   Today's nostalgia trip-Apostle I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2019 9:52 pm

That would be cool, they have quite a bit of stuff.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Today's nostalgia trip-Apostle   Today's nostalgia trip-Apostle I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2019 12:59 am

LOVE Apostle! I agree, their demos need a proper CD/LP release
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Today's nostalgia trip-Apostle   Today's nostalgia trip-Apostle I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2019 8:02 am

Apostle is a great band.
I only wonder if there will be more Apostle stuff on Cd.
Matt Harding, the guitarist from Apostle passed away some years ago.
I have no idea if the other members of Apostle have the rights of the music to do this.
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Today's nostalgia trip-Apostle   Today's nostalgia trip-Apostle I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2019 10:56 am

I didn't know Matt passed, wonder who has the rights?
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Today's nostalgia trip-Apostle   Today's nostalgia trip-Apostle I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2019 1:32 pm

More than likely his family.
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Today's nostalgia trip-Apostle   Today's nostalgia trip-Apostle I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2019 5:53 pm

Probably. He seemed to be the only consistent in the band.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Today's nostalgia trip-Apostle   Today's nostalgia trip-Apostle I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2019 8:42 pm

I used to be friends with Bill Box, the drummer for Apostle.  He told me of Matt Harding's passing.  He owned the rights to all the music.  Somekne would need to contact his widow for permission to reprint these.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Pro-Zak

Pro-Zak

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2013-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Today's nostalgia trip-Apostle   Today's nostalgia trip-Apostle I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2019 8:56 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I used to be friends with Bill Box, the drummer for Apostle.  He told me of Matt Harding's passing.  He owned the rights to all the music.  Somekne would need to contact his widow for permission to reprint these.

Calling Bill Roxx...
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Today's nostalgia trip-Apostle   Today's nostalgia trip-Apostle I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2019 8:14 am

It would be great when those awesome Apostle songs were released on CD.

Last edited by rockerVu2 on Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Today's nostalgia trip-Apostle   Today's nostalgia trip-Apostle I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2019 6:51 pm

I have a couple of their early albums in CD-R.  I made them directly from original copies of the cassettes that Pastor Bob had when I had the short lived show on Intense Radio.  Remastering those would be a sinch.  I have two Apostle albums and either one or two Matt Harding's albums that way.  I also have the "Prepare To Meet God" CD.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Today's nostalgia trip-Apostle   Today's nostalgia trip-Apostle I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2019 7:09 pm

You need to get ahold of Roxx and get him on board with reissuing these.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Today's nostalgia trip-Apostle   Today's nostalgia trip-Apostle I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2019 7:01 am

Like I said, unless someone knows who Matt Harding's widow is, how would you get permission.  Matt owned the rights that would have reverted to her when he died.  The drummer I used to talk to is also gone now.  I have no idea how to contact the bass player or even who he is.

Besides, I have little to no luck ever convincing Roxx to reissue anything.  I had someone give me the MP3s of early demos of a second Jupter VI album that got shelved until Un:Movable Walls came out.  This isn't the same album.  I was able to master those raw tracks and make them sound great.  Roxx is already working with Jimmy P. Brown, but nothing has materialized from that.  I even gave copies of those tracks to Roxx and asked solely for my name to be on the CD as who did the mastering.  That has been around a year ago now.  I doubt they'd listen to me.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Today's nostalgia trip-Apostle   Today's nostalgia trip-Apostle I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2019 8:54 am

Maybe Bill Boxx knows who the widow of Matt Harding is?

Last edited by rockerVu2 on Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Today's nostalgia trip-Apostle   Today's nostalgia trip-Apostle I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2019 10:25 am

Too bad Chris, I think you'd be perfect for doing stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Today's nostalgia trip-Apostle   Today's nostalgia trip-Apostle I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2019 8:49 pm

A long time ago - and I mean a LONG time ago - I received an e-mail from the guy that did vocals on the "Prepare To Meet God" album.  Going to see if I can possibly dig it up...
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Today's nostalgia trip-Apostle   Today's nostalgia trip-Apostle I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2019 10:36 pm

That vocalist would be David Brown.

I would love to be a part of bringing these albums back to life.  I wouldn't even know where to begin.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3111
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Today's nostalgia trip-Apostle   Today's nostalgia trip-Apostle I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2019 6:40 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Like I said, unless someone knows who Matt Harding's widow is, how would you get permission.  Matt owned the rights that would have reverted to her when he died.  The drummer I used to talk to is also gone now.  I have no idea how to contact the bass player or even who he is.

Just curious, gone as in deceased or gone as in you have no idea where he is?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Today's nostalgia trip-Apostle   Today's nostalgia trip-Apostle I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2019 7:37 am

I thought he was deceased, but I did a Facebook search and he had just dropped off my feed.  I messaged him about getting in touch with Matt's family.  I had done the same two years ago.  We will see if he responds.

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Today's nostalgia trip-Apostle   Today's nostalgia trip-Apostle I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2019 10:09 am

I know that both Bill (Roxx) and Matt (Retroactive) tend to go with Rob Colwell for most of their mastering projects.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Today's nostalgia trip-Apostle   Today's nostalgia trip-Apostle I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2019 11:14 am

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
I know that both Bill (Roxx) and Matt (Retroactive) tend to go with Rob Colwell for most of their mastering projects.

To be honest, I don't like a lot of the remasters that Rob does.  They all end up super bass heavy.  I preferred Cliffy's work as he seemed to want to improve the sound quality to today's standards while preserving the feel of the original.  I am trying to do the same thing.

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Today's nostalgia trip-Apostle   Today's nostalgia trip-Apostle I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2019 2:58 pm

Yeah, I don't know if Cliffy just got too busy with other stuff or what.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Today's nostalgia trip-Apostle   Today's nostalgia trip-Apostle I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Today's nostalgia trip-Apostle
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next