Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Union of Sinners & Saints - New Music

Go down 
+2
alldatndensum
Staybrite
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

The Union of Sinners & Saints - New Music Empty
PostSubject: The Union of Sinners & Saints - New Music   The Union of Sinners & Saints - New Music I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 1:16 pm

It looks like the John Schlitt & Bill Smiley act "The Union of Sinners & Saints" is working on new music. (according to their facebook post).  Maybe a little premature to say anything as it could still be a year away...but I'm hoping it is a whole new album and not just a single song.

Facebook Post wrote:
Working on some new Union of Sinner and Saints songs with this crew! I think you’ll be in for a treat!

The Union of Sinners & Saints - New Music Sinner10

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: The Union of Sinners & Saints - New Music   The Union of Sinners & Saints - New Music I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2018 8:34 am

I just pray it isn't another worship record.  They were doing some of those a few months ago.  I am sick to death of rock bands doing the mandatory worship record.  Just share your heart and rock on.  Quit trying to be the rock Chris Tomlin just because that is what is selling right now.

Hopefully, they will put together around 10 more rock anthems and mix in another Petra and Whiteheart classic on top of that.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: The Union of Sinners & Saints - New Music   The Union of Sinners & Saints - New Music I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2018 11:09 pm

Quote :
 I am sick to death of rock bands doing the mandatory worship record.

Ditto.

I think there should be a rule on the books: Only ONE P&W album PER rock band.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: The Union of Sinners & Saints - New Music   The Union of Sinners & Saints - New Music I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2018 6:52 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Quote :

Ditto.

Since John already has four under his belt (three with Petra & one as Two Guys From Petra), he is well over his limit and should be barred from doing any more with any band.

lol! 

I would rather have, if they are going to do a covers album, an record of old hymns.  Even with that, I would check out what other Christian metal bands have covered hymns and try to do some that haven't been already.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: The Union of Sinners & Saints - New Music   The Union of Sinners & Saints - New Music I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2018 12:07 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I just pray it isn't another worship record.  They were doing some of those a few months ago.  I am sick to death of rock bands doing the mandatory worship record.  Just share your heart and rock on.  Quit trying to be the rock Chris Tomlin just because that is what is selling right now.

Hopefully, they will put together around 10 more rock anthems and mix in another Petra and Whiteheart classic on top of that.
It's not just album sales and radio play, if they write (or kinda write) the song and churches start using it...songwriter money!

I'm not saying they are doing it for the money, but money doesn't hurt.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The Union of Sinners & Saints - New Music   The Union of Sinners & Saints - New Music I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2018 7:23 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Quote :

Ditto.

And one acoustic album, and one covers album....and one rerecorded classics album.  Laughing

messiaen77 wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

It's not just album sales and radio play, if they write (or kinda write) the song and churches start using it...songwriter money!

Pretty much everybody has to make money.  Maybe not Chris Tomlin kinda money...but at least enough to pay the bills.  Laughing

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: The Union of Sinners & Saints - New Music   The Union of Sinners & Saints - New Music I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2018 10:25 pm

I fully understand paying the bills.  I also understand that writing/playing music just for the paycheck is the very meaning of a sellout.  It is at that point that the artist stops truly being an artist and becomes just a machine churning out whatever copycat art that is plugged into it.  This is the very reason that CCM has become so dull and mundane.  Apparently, too many people care more for the money than they do real artistry either in the music or lyrically.

Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: The Union of Sinners & Saints - New Music   The Union of Sinners & Saints - New Music I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2018 9:10 am

Staybrite wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Quote :

Ditto.

And one acoustic album, and one covers album....and one rerecorded classics album.  Laughing

messiaen77 wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Pretty much everybody has to make money.  Maybe not Chris Tomlin kinda money...but at least enough to pay the bills.  Laughing
This is one thing that really bugs me about this new trend in P&W--you take a 200 year old PD hymn like Amazing Grace, slap a new refrain on it and BOOM!  You get songwriter royalties for every time some church pays its CCLI fees.  Sure John Newton did the heavy lifting and churches have been singing Amazing Grace since 1779, but now some guy is making a comfortable life for himself on it.

Side note:  I live about 15 minutes away from Bill Gaither and the epicenter of the Gaither Empire.  A number of people at my church are actually friends with Bill, Gloria, and members of the Vocal Band.  One of them was talking about hearing Mark Lowery talking about how strange it is that since Pentatonix recorded "Mary Did You Know," he's made a million dollars in royalties on that one song.  That doesn't bother me one bit, because he (and Buddy Green) actually wrote that song.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 676
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: The Union of Sinners & Saints - New Music   The Union of Sinners & Saints - New Music I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2018 12:12 pm

I still havent picked up the original disc they released... Is new stuff or just re-records of older tracks...

Petra has ALWAYS been a favorite and the Billy Smiley era WhiteHeart is stellar...
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The Union of Sinners & Saints - New Music   The Union of Sinners & Saints - New Music I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2018 3:34 pm

mr.electric40 wrote:
I still havent picked up the original disc they released... Is new stuff or just re-records of older tracks...

Petra has ALWAYS been a favorite and the Billy Smiley era WhiteHeart is stellar...

It's a mix of stuff.  I think just one each song covered from White Heart and Petra (Independence Day & Beyond Belief).  They also remade an old hymn, and I'm pretty certain the remaining tracks are originals.

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: The Union of Sinners & Saints - New Music   The Union of Sinners & Saints - New Music I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2018 11:47 am

I've enjoyed this band, Old Guys Rule is my new theme song.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Union of Sinners & Saints - New Music   The Union of Sinners & Saints - New Music I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Union of Sinners & Saints - New Music
Page 1 of 1