Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Patrick Stewart returning to a new Star Trek series!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3123
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Patrick Stewart returning to a new Star Trek series! Empty
PostSubject: Patrick Stewart returning to a new Star Trek series!   Patrick Stewart returning to a new Star Trek series! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2018 8:06 pm

A new series about Capt Picard! Would've been cool if the Capt. Worf series happened. 

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Stewart returning to a new Star Trek series!   Patrick Stewart returning to a new Star Trek series! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2018 10:02 pm

Oh wow!

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Stewart returning to a new Star Trek series!   Patrick Stewart returning to a new Star Trek series! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2018 6:51 am

While I would be excited, they are going to put this on CBS Prime.  If it were really a great show, put it on CBS so people would want to see it.

I doubt I am going to subscribe to CBS Prime in order to see this show.  Discovery is terrible, and that is why they penalized Trek fans by expecting us to pay for that drivel.  Somehow, I bet they can ruin The Next Generation for us, too.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Stewart returning to a new Star Trek series!   Patrick Stewart returning to a new Star Trek series! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2018 3:48 pm

Yeah I agree but Paramount pretty much killed TNG with Nemesis. What a terrible movie, worse than ST:5 and ST:The Motion Sickness.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Stewart returning to a new Star Trek series!   Patrick Stewart returning to a new Star Trek series! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 1:59 am

MikeInFla wrote:
A new series about Capt Picard! 

Well I didn't see THAT coming! Sheesh, the guy is like pushing 80! That's incredible! Good on 'im.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Stewart returning to a new Star Trek series!   Patrick Stewart returning to a new Star Trek series! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 4:53 am

The thing that angered me about Paramount/CBS (or whatever) is that they killed all the fan films. While the actors aren't the greatest these are fantastic short films. Star Trek Continues was a continuation of the original 5 year mission. They finally wrapped it up last year in 2 episodes. Here is part one:

Basically they said fan films can still be made but they are limited to 15 minutes and a lower budget and no one who appeared on any of the series can appear in them. Out of the fan made films this series was the best. New Voyages was pretty good as well but all of those videos have been pulled for some reason and the guy who made them (James Cawley) turned their movie set into an attraction. I think some of their videos are still on YouTube but they have subtitles. If you've never seen them they are worth checking out, even with the subtitles. The episode with George Takei is great.

https://www.startrektour.com/

Would love the take the tour but that is pretty far away.

And I won't be buying a subscription to CBS All Access just to see this new Picard series. They should just put it on regular TV.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Stewart returning to a new Star Trek series!   Patrick Stewart returning to a new Star Trek series! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 6:23 am

Quote :
And I won't be buying a subscription to CBS All Access just to see this new Picard series. They should just put it on regular TV.

I have seen a couple of episodes of Discovery and it stinks.  They are about as much of an alternative timeline as the reboot movies are.  If this show with Picard were going to be so good, then they would want to release it to the public.  As it is, they will hype it to get people to subscribe, but we already knw it is beyond hope.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3876

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Stewart returning to a new Star Trek series!   Patrick Stewart returning to a new Star Trek series! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 7:55 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
... but we already knw it is beyond hope.

Star Trek: A New Hope

clown

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Stewart returning to a new Star Trek series!   Patrick Stewart returning to a new Star Trek series! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 8:55 pm

Star Trek:  The Geriatric Generation

"The nursing home, the final frontier.  These are the enema's of the former Captain of the starship....um...um....puppies?  Mama, is that you?  Oh, right.  Our ongoing mission is to seek out new nose hairs, to seek out new vericose veins and fresh Depends.  To get a prostate exam where no one has gone before."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Stewart returning to a new Star Trek series!   Patrick Stewart returning to a new Star Trek series! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Patrick Stewart returning to a new Star Trek series!
Page 1 of 1