Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Really Mad World

Go down 
+3
alldatndensum
Xid
JLE3
7 posters
AuthorMessage
JLE3

JLE3

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2016-11-16

Really Mad World Empty
PostSubject: Really Mad World   Really Mad World I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2018 10:14 pm

Rough day? Yeah me too so I figured I would give this song a go since it was the kind of mood I was in. The Gary Jules version is really awesome. I found a vocal track online (not sure who the vocalist is but they had it for sale for $3) so I bought it and then wrote and recorded my own arrangement for the song with guitars, bass, keyboards, and a drum track I created. I didn't use the second verse. Not sure why. I just kind of liked the idea of it being a short little thing. Anyway. I hope I did this great song some justice with my version.

FYI - The fun part starts at 1:44 Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.evansandstokes.com
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Really Mad World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Really Mad World   Really Mad World I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2018 11:02 pm

Nicely done!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Really Mad World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Really Mad World   Really Mad World I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2018 7:51 am

I am diggin' the t-shirt!  The playing was good, too!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Really Mad World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Really Mad World   Really Mad World I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2018 12:04 pm

KEWL! 
I was getting ready to say I wasn't familiar with the original, but did recognize it once the chorus kicked in.
(also dig the picture in picture for the two guitar parts)

JLE3

Really Mad World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Really Mad World   Really Mad World I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2018 1:10 pm

Thanks guys for the comments and for admiring my fashionable T-Shirt Very Happy . Yeah I did a little pic in pic for the heavier part but in reality the rhythm guitar parts are all played twice then panned left/right, the guitar solo three times and layered on top of each other, bass and keys played once. That's too many pic in pics for the screen, and I'm too lazy to film and edit all of that. Smile

Jen thinks I replaced her with a karaoke voice pale . Sorry Jen, you know I love ya and wouldn't do that. Just bored is all and feeling a little down so doing this cover was a little therapeutic.

Also FYI - Here is the original version of the song by Tears for Fears if you've never heard it.

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

Really Mad World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Really Mad World   Really Mad World I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2018 4:13 pm

JLE3 wrote:
Jen thinks I replaced her with a karaoke voice pale 
I don't think it. I know it!  lol
I just thought it was funny that you could buy a karaoke voice-over for $3....that a site like that actually exists is funny. What will they think of next?
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Really Mad World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Really Mad World   Really Mad World I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2018 9:33 pm

So a few days ago, John and I decided we'd get together on this mad little ditty and replace the $3 karaoke. The catch was that I would limit myself to five takes (no practice) and then pull the plug (whether it worked out or not). It was an interesting exercise. Happily, it turned out pretty good. Even better, I had a load of fun doing it.

Yesterday we did some filming for the song (that's always fun) and today John has been putting together a video. Feeling excited about it.

Watch this space.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Really Mad World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Really Mad World   Really Mad World I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2018 7:28 am

That's cool John.
Your t-shirts rocks.
Back to top Go down
JLE3

JLE3

Really Mad World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Really Mad World   Really Mad World I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2018 11:46 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
That's cool John.
Your t-shirts rocks.

Thanks!!

Posting the NEW version now. Then I'll be chucking this one Smile My master plan to coax Jenny into singing this by doing it with Karaoke vocals worked! I successfully annoyed her enough to give it a go...and she nailed it like I knew she would. Thanks Jen!!!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Really Mad World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Really Mad World   Really Mad World I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2018 3:50 pm

JLE3 wrote:

Posting the NEW version now. Then I'll be chucking this one Smile My master plan to coax Jenny into singing this by doing it with Karaoke vocals worked! I successfully annoyed her enough to give it a go...and she nailed it like I knew she would. Thanks Jen!!!

That's awesome!  Very Happy

Jen5

Really Mad World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Really Mad World   Really Mad World I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2018 4:41 pm

JLE3 wrote:

Me? Annoyed? Never!
Highly amused? You bet!
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Really Mad World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Really Mad World   Really Mad World I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 6:47 am

Jen5 wrote:
JLE3 wrote:
Jen thinks I replaced her with a karaoke voice pale 
I don't think it. I know it!  lol
I just thought it was funny that you could buy a karaoke voice-over for $3....that a site like that actually exists is funny. What will they think of next?
Did you also think it was sad?

jocolor
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Really Mad World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Really Mad World   Really Mad World I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 4:24 pm

In a tearful, hurt sort of way, no. But, yes, in the other more judgey way.    Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Really Mad World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Really Mad World   Really Mad World I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Really Mad World
Page 1 of 1