Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Do any of you ever sing at church???

Go down 
+7
ChristTrekker
messiaen77
Hardkore
Xid
Staybrite
MikeInFla
alldatndensum
11 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Do any of you ever sing at church??? Empty
PostSubject: Do any of you ever sing at church???   Do any of you ever sing at church??? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 8:40 pm

I know some of you may play on a church praise team or did at one time.  Do you ever sing solos or do special music at church? 

Here I am singing last week at a special service we did.  I am performing a track by Big Daddy Weave called "Redeemed".

This will give you a better idea of what my natural singing voice is like and why I say I don't really have a "metal" voice.  Enjoy!  (I hope....)

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Do any of you ever sing at church???   Do any of you ever sing at church??? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2018 7:01 am

not the singing type but I have presented the message several times.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Do any of you ever sing at church???   Do any of you ever sing at church??? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2018 4:10 pm

Sounds great, I love it. Clear quality recording for a live youtube video. 

You need to team up with Mac Powell and work on the next Third Day album!  Or better yet blend the classic Thrid Day sound with Big Chris & DBBB on a whole new project!

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Do any of you ever sing at church???   Do any of you ever sing at church??? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2018 5:34 pm

I'm not much of a singer.  I sing some things pretty well and some things pretty awful.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2559
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Do any of you ever sing at church???   Do any of you ever sing at church??? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2018 9:40 pm

Been in the choir but nope,never done solo.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Do any of you ever sing at church???   Do any of you ever sing at church??? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 10:06 am

I have, but I don't really any more.  I'd love to get back into it though.  Our worship team practices at 7:30 Sunday mornings, and I just can't make that happen.  When I was younger and singler and childlesser I did solos fairly regularly.  I also sang in a group in high school.
Back to top Go down
ChristTrekker

ChristTrekker

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2017-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Do any of you ever sing at church???   Do any of you ever sing at church??? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 2:07 pm

My wife and I were two of the three backup singers in our first church as newly marrieds. We moved and a couple years later were in the choir (50+) of a much larger church. Now in a smaller church again, and have occasionally joined that choir (~12) which performs for special occasions.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: Do any of you ever sing at church???   Do any of you ever sing at church??? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2018 7:12 am

I've done a solo and a duet with my son. Both during Christmas services.

ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Do any of you ever sing at church???   Do any of you ever sing at church??? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2018 8:40 am

Every week I play guitar and song back up. The last two Mother’s Days we have given the ladies off and had a men’s only worship team. Here’s last year - I’m the fat guy with the Stratocaster. 

Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Do any of you ever sing at church???   Do any of you ever sing at church??? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2018 11:18 pm

Whelp, I joined the church choir this evening.  It was a good feeling.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Do any of you ever sing at church???   Do any of you ever sing at church??? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 9:50 pm

I used to do worship, and usually lead, at my old church. Never did any solos, but often it would be just me and another woman singing, and me playing guitar. Pretty basic, but I like it that way. I don't like rehearsing and coordinating, mostly because I can't be bothered to do the prep work or work with others on music parts. Horrible, I know, but I'm passive like that. My last Sunday there, in January, was honestly a bit out of obligation. I did what I could, especially having had a terrible fever the night before and could barely stay awake (I truly believe it was God that kept me sufficiently afloat just to sing and play), but I was just done with it.

I took a step back from leading church worship for a bit, though, as I realized I sing the words without really caring about them, and have been running on empty and half-heart for quite a bit. As I look for a new church to settle into, I'll see if I have something to contribute. I sing alright and play various instruments alright, but my heart hasn't been in it for a bit, and I don't feel right leading a congregation without caring about what I do. (Actually, if y'all want to pray for a young dude, this dude needs to fall in love with God again and try to get a bigger picture of Him.)
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469

PostSubject: Re: Do any of you ever sing at church???   Do any of you ever sing at church??? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2018 7:23 am

Quote :
(Actually, if y'all want to pray for a young dude, this dude needs to fall in love with God again and try to get a bigger picture of Him.)

I certainly will.  I believe that several of us have expressed that over the past few months here, so you aren't alone.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Do any of you ever sing at church???   Do any of you ever sing at church??? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2018 10:14 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Quote :
(Actually, if y'all want to pray for a young dude, this dude needs to fall in love with God again and try to get a bigger picture of Him.)

I certainly will.  I believe that several of us have expressed that over the past few months here, so you aren't alone.
Yeah, you got it man.  What alldat said.
Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614

PostSubject: Re: Do any of you ever sing at church???   Do any of you ever sing at church??? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 8:44 am

I know it's been a while since I've been here....hopefully will be able to stop in more frequently now that life has settled down a bit.

I sing at church, since I was little....currently I lead occasionally when one of the regular worship leaders takes a Sunday off and I play bass every other week usually.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Do any of you ever sing at church???   Do any of you ever sing at church??? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 3:20 pm

Great to see you back Bassdude.  I was hoping you hadn't fallen off the edge of the earth.  Laughing

bassdude

Number of posts : 614

PostSubject: Re: Do any of you ever sing at church???   Do any of you ever sing at church??? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 6:19 pm

Good to be back...life has been crazy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do any of you ever sing at church???   Do any of you ever sing at church??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do any of you ever sing at church???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: