Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Does your church.....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Does your church..... Empty
PostSubject: Does your church.....   Does your church..... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 7:49 pm

...have a youth ministry code of conduct or discipline policy? My church, under my lead, is about to vote on this. We've had a few instances of unwanted behavior from some of our kids (one in particular) and didn't really know how to handle it. With the last incident, I and our pastor feel that this would be the best plan for the church. This way, when there are future issues, we will have a clear-cut policy that will guide us. We will know how we are to handle most everything.

Does your church do this?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Does your church.....   Does your church..... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 9:20 pm

We have this thing "A Plan To Protect" which adults (volunteering with youth) must sign.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Does your church.....   Does your church..... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 11:08 pm

Our church practices church discipline for adult members (more than one person has been put out of the body do to infidelity). But I suspect our church does not have a discipline policy for the youth (and if they do they certainly don't enforce it). I certainly wish they did. Because of this (and a few other reasons), my children do not attend youth services or "youth only" type activities in our church beyond 5th grade.

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Does your church.....   Does your church..... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 11:22 pm

Most churches I've been to just wing it. I couldn't tell you what the policy is for our current church, but having been a youth leader in the past, this is a must ! I had to discipline arrogant adolescents on many occasions and it would have helped greatly to have a structure as to what I was doing.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Does your church.....   Does your church..... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 11:37 am

When I was working with youth I think it was just kinda understood that it was a church youth group and that Christian behavior was expected. Some kids were banned from attending outside activities for violating that expectation. However, that has been many a year ago, and given the modern climate and the watering down of what "Christian behavior" means, I think it is a good idea to spell it out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does your church.....   Does your church..... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does your church.....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: