Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Songs stuck in your head

Go down 
+11
Fundy
messiaen77
Jen5
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
Staybrite
ishmael81
Xid
Driven
MikeInFla
Hardkore
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Songs stuck in your head - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Songs stuck in your head   Songs stuck in your head - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2018 9:08 am

Jen, X-Sinner is vet gaaf.
I've seen X-Sinner playing live in 2013, that was so cool.
Zion is cool too.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Songs stuck in your head   Songs stuck in your head - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2018 10:24 am

I have the Zion CD and enjoy it.  I don't care for X-Sinner and haven't been grabbed by GX either.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3111
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Songs stuck in your head   Songs stuck in your head - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2018 11:40 am

After watching football yesterday and seeing that Aaron Rogers State Farm commercial this is in my head today:

And it made me wonder if I went and watched The Greatest American Hero if I would think it was as cool as I thought it was when I was kid. These days it's probably lame but I loved it when I was young.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Songs stuck in your head   Songs stuck in your head - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2018 11:48 pm

I do a guest presentation in a friend and colleague's Human Sexuality class on gender representation in pop music.  For a couple days after I do it I have Britny Fox's "Girlschool," Motley Crue's "Girls, Girls, Girls," Tiffany's "I Think We're Alone Now," Britney Spears' "Slave For U," and Christina Aguleria's "Dirrty" playing on a constant loop.  Sometimes "Hell Bent for Leather" makes a guest appearance. 

Still it beats when I did the race presentations and had 19th century minstrel songs like "Fine Old Color'd Gentleman" going round and round.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Songs stuck in your head   Songs stuck in your head - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2018 7:37 pm

Now it's this.

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Songs stuck in your head   Songs stuck in your head - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2018 8:20 pm

Oh dear. You is a mess, Mess. "Oh yea, oh yea, oh yea, oh yea.....
oh yea, oh yea, oh yea, oh yea, {breath} oh yea, oh yea, oh yea, oh yea, oh yea, oh yea, oh yea, {breath...take a sip o'whiskey} oh yea, oh yea"  Inspired lyrics.

Mine is this. It's about freedom from chicken cravings apparently.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Songs stuck in your head   Songs stuck in your head - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2018 3:34 pm

Jen5 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Jen5 wrote:
I had never heard of X-Sinner before so I had a listen and now I'm in love. They sound so much like AC/DC but with Christian themes.

You might want to look into Rex's (singer/guitarist) other projects as well.  Before X-Sinner he put out one album with a band called Zion (Thunder from the Mountain).

He also has 3 albums under a newer project titled The GX Project (although at some point I think they just shortened the name to GX).  It's not supposed to be a "Christian band" per se, but some of the lyrical themes do still seem to point to Rex's faith.

Well that's just interesting. I find I'm liking the Zion stuff, but I listened to the GX stuff (went through three of their songs) and it's just not hitting me in the same way. Very weird (seeing as it's the same singer). Thanks SB. I'm going to take a look at more of the Zion material.

I certainly think the Zion stuff is much better than GX Project.  There is actually a second Zion album, but I think it is all demos and live stuff....so not a "must buy".

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Songs stuck in your head   Songs stuck in your head - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2018 10:07 pm

♩ ♪ ♫ ♬♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ so I unpacked my adjectives... dootdoo dodootdodoodledoo ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Songs stuck in your head   Songs stuck in your head - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2018 11:41 pm

Oh...doh to you Mister! I'd managed to get that one out of my head and now you've gone and put it right back! Grr and double grr in your general direction G/F
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Songs stuck in your head   Songs stuck in your head - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 7:02 am

Me too, stuck in my head again as well! Lolly lolly lolly!
Back to top Go down
Hardcore Christian

Hardcore Christian

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2018-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Songs stuck in your head   Songs stuck in your head - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 12:35 am

So understand, don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years Drums
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Songs stuck in your head   Songs stuck in your head - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 9:08 pm

Oh grr! Now it's Andre's Ahhhhhhhhh! post in Random Ramblings that I can't get out of my head.

Ahhhh!

Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Songs stuck in your head   Songs stuck in your head - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2018 11:15 am

Jen, you have made a serious mistake.  You have let us all know that you are particularly susceptible to the most annoying of earworms.  Some people (not gonna name any names) see that as a challenge.  Bwah ha haaaaaaa!

Today's is

with an occassional dose of this version

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Songs stuck in your head   Songs stuck in your head - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2018 11:26 am

Ok while we are doing songs on TV shows here's one for ya. My favorite Men At Work tune

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Songs stuck in your head   Songs stuck in your head - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2018 3:26 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
Jen, you have made a serious mistake.  You have let us all know that you are particularly susceptible to the most annoying of earworms.  Some people (not gonna name any names) see that as a challenge.  Bwah ha haaaaaaa!
Stupid  Doh!

Guilty as charged. I'm a music sponge and bad music sticks just as firmly as the good stuff. I'm going to have to keep my eye on you buster!
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2553
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Songs stuck in your head   Songs stuck in your head - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2018 9:41 pm

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Songs stuck in your head   Songs stuck in your head - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 6:56 am

This morning I have Motley Crue's Too Young To Fall In Love running through my head.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Songs stuck in your head   Songs stuck in your head - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 8:12 am

Every time I hear "Ventura Highway" on the radio.
Guess what?
This song is stuck in my head now.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Songs stuck in your head   Songs stuck in your head - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 1:35 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
Now it's this.

I'll see your Mingus and top it with some Salt Peanuts.

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Songs stuck in your head   Songs stuck in your head - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 1:40 pm

I've been learning about whisper tracks. One of the famous examples is The Doors' "Riders on the Storm" who use a whisper track behind the main vocal that I'd never noticed before.

The bass line. In my head.

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Songs stuck in your head   Songs stuck in your head - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 1:48 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
Every time I hear "Ventura Highway" on the radio.
Guess what?
This song is stuck in my head now.

It has been ages (years) since I've heard that one. It's a nice one to have stuck in one's head. Such a chill tune.

...though I imagine after several hours of it on repeat, you might start feeling a little crazy.   Smile

I'm shaking in my boots Dark Radio. Not sure I should risk listening to your "Salted Peanuts" for fear that it stick like messiaen's  Tongue chicken did.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5307
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Songs stuck in your head   Songs stuck in your head - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 2:52 pm

I'd forgotten how good this complete album was!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Songs stuck in your head   Songs stuck in your head - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 4:13 pm

Overcame my fear. Gratefully, the nuts didn't stick, but your record has a skip Dark Radio.

Never heard that one, Fundy. Niice
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Songs stuck in your head   Songs stuck in your head - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 11:41 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:
Now it's this.

I'll see your Mingus and top it with some Salt Peanuts.

I LOVE Salt Peanuts!

Salt PEA-nuts Salt PEA-nuts
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Songs stuck in your head   Songs stuck in your head - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 11:43 pm

This one's safe Jen.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Songs stuck in your head   Songs stuck in your head - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Songs stuck in your head
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next