Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Comic Con 2017

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Comic Con 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Comic Con 2017   Comic Con 2017 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 23, 2017 10:22 pm

Comic Con Palm Springs is this Saturday. I went to the first one last year and took my nephew  - and had a BLAST ! So we're going again. I have considerably less money this year, which is a bummer, but it should still be fun.

While last year had Lou Ferrigno, seems this year will be a bunch of peripheral celebrities....

Stan Lee will be there again (dude is in his 90s !). Lindsay Wagner will be there  Cool as well as Lynda Carter.
They've got a Star Wars exhibit, several voice actors who did UP, Wall-E, Animaniacs, etc, an actor who was in Fast and Furious and The Walking Dead, Despicable Me's Edith voice actor. Pirates of the Carribean display of original movie items, actor Corbin Benson from Major League, Jackson Bostwick the original Shazam from back in the day, tons of artists, including the dude who does Spongebob Squarepants, and the creator of Deadpool... among other random stuff. 

Should be pretty fun. Love to see the freaks who put more into their cosplay costumes than their marriages. But for me I just love scoring tons of super cheap comic books  geek
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Comic Con 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Con 2017   Comic Con 2017 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 24, 2017 6:15 am

While I don't care so much about the comic books themselves, I was a fan of everything else except Spongebob & Major League.  It would be cool to go to that just for the rest of those actors.  Also, they end up doing a lot of advertising and reveals of new trailers for comics-based and sci-fi movies.  That would be cool as well.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Comic Con 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Con 2017   Comic Con 2017 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 24, 2017 7:11 am

Have fun there Jim.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Comic Con 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Con 2017   Comic Con 2017 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 24, 2017 10:53 am

Thanks ! 

Yeh, there are actually a ton of artists, bit part actors, workshops, panels, producers of famous movies, etc... should be fun
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23430
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Comic Con 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Con 2017   Comic Con 2017 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 24, 2017 11:16 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

Should be pretty fun. Love to see the freaks who put more into their cosplay costumes than their marriages.  

lol!   I shouldn't laugh (because it's probably sadly true)...but I found that just hilarious.

Enjoy yourself.

Guilty/Forgiven

Comic Con 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Con 2017   Comic Con 2017 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 24, 2017 12:16 pm

Last year's freaks... and this is just the people who posed for a pic, there were many many more.

My wife told me to shave my head, sup up my wheelchair and go as Charles Xavier -Professor X

Comic Con 2017 93691210
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23430
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Comic Con 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Con 2017   Comic Con 2017 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 24, 2017 12:26 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Last year's freaks... and this is just the people who posed for a pic, there were many many more.

My wife told me to shave my head, sup up my wheelchair and go as Charles Xavier -Professor X

Comic Con 2017 93691210

At least the two Harley Quinn characters I can see in the pic are wearing clothes.  LOL, no less than 3 different Bane characters in that one photo.  Had no idea he was that popular.  Can't even count the number of Harley Quinns.

Just go dressed normally and tell everyone you are Bruce Banner.

Guilty/Forgiven

Comic Con 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Con 2017   Comic Con 2017 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 25, 2017 1:29 am

Quote :
Just go dressed normally and tell everyone you are Bruce Banner.

lol!  I have a few cool options for "cosplay" but hey, um, we're talking Palm Springs in August people.... yeah, it's like 112 degrees, then add a costume and I'm shocked people aren't passing out !
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Comic Con 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Con 2017   Comic Con 2017 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 25, 2017 4:51 pm

I think I'd just go naked except for a bandolier that looked like Chewbacca's.  Just tell security that the First Order captured you after The Force Awakens and shaved you down.  That could work!!!  I know what I am dressing up now for ComicCon and Halloween!  I am guaranteed to scare small children now!!!!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Comic Con 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Con 2017   Comic Con 2017 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 25, 2017 6:05 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I think I'd just go naked except for a bandolier that looked like Chewbacca's.  Just tell security that the First Order captured you after The Force Awakens and shaved you down.  That could work!!!  I know what I am dressing up now for ComicCon and Halloween!  I am guaranteed to scare small children now!!!!

affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Comic Con 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Con 2017   Comic Con 2017 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Comic Con 2017
Page 1 of 1