Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Joe Lewis Band

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Joe Lewis Band Empty
PostSubject: Joe Lewis Band   Joe Lewis Band I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 6:05 pm

Now THIS is blues done right!!!!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Joe Lewis Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Lewis Band   Joe Lewis Band I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 6:16 pm

Cool!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Joe Lewis Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Lewis Band   Joe Lewis Band I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 5:15 pm

Joe's singing is different, but the guitar tones and playing style are very similar to Stevie Ray Vaughn.  I am loving it!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down

Joe Lewis Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Lewis Band   Joe Lewis Band I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 7:14 pm

I have had my feel of SRV clones... ...I used to be one myself...

Still, you can't deny how good it is. Especially that TONE!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Joe Lewis Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Lewis Band   Joe Lewis Band I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 11:06 pm

Cydonius wrote:

Every great player ends up with clones.  It happens in every genre.

While there are a ton of cats copying Stevie's style and tone, what it boils down to for me is songwriting and vocal ability.  Many people can play the blues but the vocals just aren't that great.  Joe Lewis is as good of a singer as he is a guitarist.  So, while he may be copying Stevie Ray, he gets a pass from be because of his vocal talent and uplifting and well crafted songs.

I do wish more blues acts would strive to just create without chasing anyone else's glory.  I tried to just create what felt right to me when I did my blues album.  Other artists may have gotten a little tip of the hat because they were influences, but I tried not to copy anyone.  I hope it worked.

Back to top Go down

Joe Lewis Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Lewis Band   Joe Lewis Band I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 9:59 am

I totally agree with you, it's just that I got so immersed in SRV and Hendrx as a guitar player in the 90s that I burned myself out on it and also listening to all the clones. It's been a slow transition back both as a listener and a musician.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Joe Lewis Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Lewis Band   Joe Lewis Band I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 11:26 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Cydonius wrote:

Every great player ends up with clones.  It happens in every genre.

While there are a ton of cats copying Stevie's style and tone, what it boils down to for me is songwriting and vocal ability.  Many people can play the blues but the vocals just aren't that great.  Joe Lewis is as good of a singer as he is a guitarist.  So, while he may be copying Stevie Ray, he gets a pass from be because of his vocal talent and uplifting and well crafted songs.

I do wish more blues acts would strive to just create without chasing anyone else's glory.  I tried to just create what felt right to me when I did my blues album.  Other artists may have gotten a little tip of the hat because they were influences, but I tried not to copy anyone.  I hope it worked.

I love this. You may not be as good as SRV, vocally or in terms of guitar playing but that's okay. You aren't SRV.

That's one thing i really wish more people would understand. I don't care what style of music, just be original. I've said this for our worship team at church too - we aren't Planetshakers or Gateway Worship or whoever. We're Remedy Worship. Let's be us.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Joe Lewis Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Lewis Band   Joe Lewis Band I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 6:56 pm

Quote :
I love this. You may not be as good as SRV, vocally or in terms of guitar playing but that's okay. You aren't SRV.

I wasn't trying to be, either.  I took what handful of blues influences I had and threw them into the blender.  When I used these artists (Glenn Kaiser Band, ZZ Top, Georgia Satellites, George Thorogood, etc.) as who I felt I sounded like, I meant it.  There are bits and pieces of every one of them there.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Joe Lewis Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Lewis Band   Joe Lewis Band I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 8:41 am

De video is not working for me.
I've to go to the Joe Lewis website to listen to his music.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Joe Lewis Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Lewis Band   Joe Lewis Band I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Joe Lewis Band
Page 1 of 1