Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I finally did it!

Go down 
+8
topshot rhit
Guilty/Forgiven
Staybrite
deathisgain
Through The Dark Radio
Xid
ishmael81
alldatndensum
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

I finally did it! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I finally did it!   I finally did it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2016 6:48 pm

^Quite possibly.  For many (myself included), The Princess Bride has a lot of nostalgic memories associated with it.  It has been a favorite of my family's since I can remember.  If that's not the case for you, I understand how it may not bring the same amount of enjoyment.  Though that being said... eight years of Hillary???  That is extreme!  I think I rather watch eight years' worth of inspirational-true-story-sports-movies (which I LOATHE) than Hillary!  The Princess Bride may have an overly large fanbase but even if it doesn't live up to its hype, it's still a very well done film that I think stands on its own just fine.  All IMO of course.  Smile
Back to top Go down
deathisgain

deathisgain

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2014-12-04

PostSubject: Re: I finally did it!   I finally did it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2016 9:27 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
but I think a lot of that has to do with seeing those in my younger, less mature days.  Maybe if I had seen Princess Bride when it came out, my perception of it would have been different.

Wait, are you claiming to mature now? I think something IS wrong with him. Razz
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: I finally did it!   I finally did it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2016 8:52 am

I've never seen Princess Bride.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: I finally did it!   I finally did it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2016 11:40 am

What is going ON here?!?  I thought I knew these people!!!  Wink Razz
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: I finally did it!   I finally did it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2016 4:28 pm

Inigo: Who are you?

Man in Black: I'm no-one of consequence.

Inigo: Please, I must know.

Man in Black: Get used to disappointment.

Inigo: 'Kay.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: I finally did it!   I finally did it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2016 4:39 pm

I am not left-handed.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: I finally did it!   I finally did it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2016 4:43 pm

Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: I finally did it!   I finally did it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2016 5:44 pm

I keep coming back to this thread, hoping I can find the words to respond to the notion that someone doesn't like this movie. But each time I fail; there are simply no words to describe the shock and shame. I did see that it was suggested one must be immature to like it ( said with tongue in cheek, so don't get your panties in a bind! Smile )  If that's the case then I'm happy to be immature. Now I'm going to go tell my mommy that you are a bully because you don't like Princess Buttercup! Wink
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: I finally did it!   I finally did it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2016 8:15 pm

I have an old friend that was such a fan of the film that he finally wore out his VHS version of it and went to the store to get another.  All they had was DVDs, so he bought the DVD and a DVD player, just so he could watch it.  He must watch it at least twice a year.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: I finally did it!   I finally did it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2016 8:14 am

BearDad wrote:
I did see that it was suggested one must be immature to like it ( said with tongue in cheek, so don't get your panties in a bind! I finally did it! - Page 2 Icon_smile ) 

Have you been peeping through my windows again?  How did you know I was wearing panties????  lol!

I think my tastes in movies has changed over the years.  I loved stuff like this as a young adult.  I even thought Adam Sandler and Paulie Shore movies were funny back then.  I truly think if I had watched this around the time it came out that I would have loved it.  Although, a well placed fart or fart joke still makes me laugh whether in a movie or in real life.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
deathisgain

deathisgain

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2014-12-04

PostSubject: Re: I finally did it!   I finally did it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2016 11:19 am

alldatndensum wrote:
I even thought Adam Sandler and Paulie Shore movies were funny back then.

I think we found out what is wrong with him. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: I finally did it!   I finally did it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2016 11:31 am

deathisgain wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Oh, I am sure that there is WAY more wrong with me than that!  lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: I finally did it!   I finally did it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2016 11:37 am

alldatndensum wrote:
deathisgain wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Oh, I am sure that there is WAY more wrong with me than that!  lol!

I won't disagree with you on that one.  Laughing

PostSubject: Re: I finally did it!   I finally did it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2016 7:04 am

deathisgain wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

I had similar thoughts, because I have never considered those guys funny. Even when I was immature (last week) they were way more immaturer. Smile Those two, along with Jim Carey and a few other over-the-top ridiculous comedians have never appealed to me on any level.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: I finally did it!   I finally did it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2016 9:00 am

There are some Jim Carey things I like.  I love The Grinch, The Truman Show, The Number 23, Once Bitten, Batman Forever, Bruce Almighty, and Lemony Snicket's A Series Of Unfortunate Events.

Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: I finally did it!   I finally did it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2016 2:31 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
There are some Jim Carey things I like.  I love The Grinch, The Truman Show, The Number 23, Once Bitten, Batman Forever, Bruce Almighty, and Lemony Snicket's A Series Of Unfortunate Events.

The Truman Show is the only Jim Carey movie I have ever liked, although I will admit what he did with the Joker in Batman Forever was worthy of best supporting actor.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: I finally did it!   I finally did it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2016 5:35 pm

BearDad wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

The Truman Show is the only Jim Carey movie I have ever liked, although I will admit what he did with the Joker in Batman Forever was worthy of best supporting actor.

Ummm....did you mean the Riddler?  He played Edward Nygma, not the Joker.  Joker was originally played in the movies by Jack Nicholson.

You Rock

Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: I finally did it!   I finally did it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2016 9:20 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
BearDad wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Ummm....did you mean the Riddler?  He played Edward Nygma, not the Joker.  Joker was originally played in the movies by Jack Nicholson.

You Rock

Yep, I did. My hands were typing one thing while my mind was thinking something else. It sucks getting old!  Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: I finally did it!   I finally did it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2016 10:01 pm

BearDad wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
BearDad wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

You Rock

Yep, I did. My hands were typing one thing while my mind was thinking something else. It sucks getting old!  Crying or Very sad

That, it does!  I do it when typing and when speaking, too!

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: I finally did it!   I finally did it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2016 12:08 am

I too like a lot of flix due to nostalgic reasons, but I had never seen Princess Bride until I was about 40. Same with Willow. My family were all big fans, so I watched Willow for the 1st time at 35 and loved it (again, another cult fllm)
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: I finally did it!   I finally did it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2016 10:41 am

You keep saying that word.  I do not think it means what you think it means.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: I finally did it!   I finally did it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2016 11:40 am

Murdered by pirates is good.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: I finally did it!   I finally did it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2016 5:38 pm

Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates?

Yes.

Morons.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I finally did it!   I finally did it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I finally did it!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: