Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My GOALS #1 & 2 in action- what can I pray for ?

Go down 
+4
alldatndensum
ishmael81
Driven
Guilty/Forgiven
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

My GOALS #1 & 2 in action- what can I pray for ? Empty
PostSubject: My GOALS #1 & 2 in action- what can I pray for ?   My GOALS #1 & 2 in action- what can I pray for ? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 2:09 pm

I'm putting this post here as not everyone frequents the Prayer section, and this is a little different. I'm not asking for prayer, rather, I want to know what I can pray for YOU !

Please post YOUR prayer need here - be as detailed as possible so I know what to pray for. 
I want to be here for all of you. You guys mean a lot to me and have been there for me on many occasions. Let me pray for YOU !!

GO !
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: My GOALS #1 & 2 in action- what can I pray for ?   My GOALS #1 & 2 in action- what can I pray for ? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 3:34 pm

My main request is this: that my relationship with my Creator would grow deeper and deeper, and that from that relationship would flow more and more selfless love for His creation. I've boiled that down as much as possible, but in the next year, I'll be at university, with a lot of choices to make, and I need the Creator who provides to be the centre of my life. I want to be making the right choices, and that starts by knowing who God is.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: My GOALS #1 & 2 in action- what can I pray for ?   My GOALS #1 & 2 in action- what can I pray for ? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 3:41 pm

See my last post in the Prayer section:

1. I'm applying for our SD Officer position at work and would love to have that job.
2. We're trying to get our budget on track now that my wife has a job.
3. I'm not going to be able to start school until next fall and I'm down about it.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: My GOALS #1 & 2 in action- what can I pray for ?   My GOALS #1 & 2 in action- what can I pray for ? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 5:48 pm

1.  I want to be totally free from gluttony.  I don't want a fast weight loss, but I want to be healthier while not even having a craving anymore to overeat.

2.  I want to know, trust, and love Jesus more!

3.  With all the instability at my church right now (see post in the Prayer Room), I just want it to be over.  Whatever is going to happen, let it happen so that we can pick up the pieces and resume building God's kingdom rather than hindering it.  Even if it means I get let go, let it be.  I want the church to grow and that may mean it needs a total change of leadership.  Whatever is God's will here, I want that to happen.  Go get 'em, Lord!!!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: My GOALS #1 & 2 in action- what can I pray for ?   My GOALS #1 & 2 in action- what can I pray for ? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 7:37 pm

Got em !  Prayers are going up !

Some of the requests are self-will issues... ie drawing closer to God, eating habits.. these cannot be answered thru prayers of God's moving in your lives - please do what I'm doing, and make it happen ! I'm not trying to sound cold, or like a drill instructor, but, some of the requests will have to begin with you - I will pray that the Lord helps your will, and gives you strength in those things, but as a brother who loves you guys, I'm telling you, like NIKE, just do it ! 
Go to my other thread and make a list like I did, then begin to work on it now. Don't wait, don't make excuses or anything - God wants to help you get from point A to point B NOW, but you have to first get UP and start walking, then He will help you. Every instance throughout Scripture, God asked His child or children to DO something, like walk around the city walls 7 times, many times it didn't even make sense, but He told them to get up and do something, and they did, and every time, He ACTED and was victorious in their lives... It's time for you, for me, all of us here, to GET UP and GO and God WILL have victory over our problems ! I guarantee it friends !!!

Let's GO !!
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: My GOALS #1 & 2 in action- what can I pray for ?   My GOALS #1 & 2 in action- what can I pray for ? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2016 1:03 pm

What a great thread!  Thank you Jim.

Veronika and I could definitely use your prayers!  Her family has been in town this whole week for our wedding (which is TOMORROQ!!!) and it's put a lot of stress on her.  There's still lots to do in preparation for tomorrow's ceremony but her family is looking to her to entertain them and it's just too much.

So much energy and effort is going into the marriage ceremony but it's just a day and then it's over.  What we also need prayer for - and more-so than just the ceremony - is prayer for our marriage.  That is going to last our lifetimes.  So we could use prayer that our priorities are in order and for God to give us lots of grace and mercy towards one another and those around us as we transition from two single people into one unit.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: My GOALS #1 & 2 in action- what can I pray for ?   My GOALS #1 & 2 in action- what can I pray for ? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2016 1:15 pm

You may need more prayer than the rest of us!

Just kidding - in all seriousness, I hope your day is awesome and I pray that God blesses your marriage.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: My GOALS #1 & 2 in action- what can I pray for ?   My GOALS #1 & 2 in action- what can I pray for ? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2016 2:18 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
I hope your day is awesome and I pray that God blesses your marriage.
I echo that entirely!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: My GOALS #1 & 2 in action- what can I pray for ?   My GOALS #1 & 2 in action- what can I pray for ? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2016 1:38 pm

Keep us updated Kerrick ! Prayers still going
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: My GOALS #1 & 2 in action- what can I pray for ?   My GOALS #1 & 2 in action- what can I pray for ? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 8:55 am

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: My GOALS #1 & 2 in action- what can I pray for ?   My GOALS #1 & 2 in action- what can I pray for ? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 10:55 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Keep us updated Kerrick ! Prayers still going

Thank you!  We really appreciate it.   I love you   We had a beautiful ceremony that went so well.  I'll talk to Veronika first to make sure she's fine with it, but maybe I can share the transcript of it if anyone would like to read it.  Our friend/mentor who performed the ceremony did a fantastic job and kept it very God-centered and focused.

We had an amazing honeymoon in the Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, and the nearby areas.  It was absolutely GORGEOUS there.  Oh my goodness.  We went on some pretty epic hikes and got to see tons of cool wildlife (moose, bison, elk, bald eagles, marmots, grouse, a snake...).  Everything went basically without a hitch (except us getting hitched har har har... Razz Rolling Eyes Stupid ).  Our cabin was walking distance from the stateline between Idaho and Wyoming with views of wheat fields and the Grand Tetons.

But most importantly it gave us a week of getting our married life together off to a great start.  No distractions or time constraints or other people or wedding planning or any of that!  Just me and Veronika getting to appreciate being together in God's awesome creation.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: My GOALS #1 & 2 in action- what can I pray for ?   My GOALS #1 & 2 in action- what can I pray for ? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 11:02 am

Awesome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: My GOALS #1 & 2 in action- what can I pray for ?   My GOALS #1 & 2 in action- what can I pray for ? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 11:09 am

kerrick wrote:

But most importantly it gave us a week of getting our married life together off to a great start.  No distractions or time constraints or other people or wedding planning or any of that!  Just me and Veronika getting to appreciate being together in God's awesome creation.

That is fantastic!

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: My GOALS #1 & 2 in action- what can I pray for ?   My GOALS #1 & 2 in action- what can I pray for ? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 11:17 am

Great news Kerrick!
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: My GOALS #1 & 2 in action- what can I pray for ?   My GOALS #1 & 2 in action- what can I pray for ? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 11:29 am

Great to hear!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: My GOALS #1 & 2 in action- what can I pray for ?   My GOALS #1 & 2 in action- what can I pray for ? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 2:05 pm

Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: My GOALS #1 & 2 in action- what can I pray for ?   My GOALS #1 & 2 in action- what can I pray for ? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 10:57 pm

Congrats buddy ! Lisa and I are super stoked for you guys ! 

May God bless and protect your union, and may you both give each other 100% and nothing less, always understanding, loving and putting the needs of each other over your own. Hard times WILL come, your union WILL be tested, please remember in those times to seek GOD's WILL together...

I'm no expert on marriage, but what I just told you is what has kept Lisa and I together and happily married for 20 years.  God bless you guys !!
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: My GOALS #1 & 2 in action- what can I pray for ?   My GOALS #1 & 2 in action- what can I pray for ? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2016 5:04 pm

Thank you Jim!  That is very sound advice and something I hope we display well during those difficult times that are sure to come.  Repeatedly making sure we're on the same team and always fighting together - not against one another - is something we strive towards and always, ALWAYS keeping God at the center and forefront of it all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My GOALS #1 & 2 in action- what can I pray for ?   My GOALS #1 & 2 in action- what can I pray for ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My GOALS #1 & 2 in action- what can I pray for ?
Page 1 of 1