Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ROXX Underground Series - YOUR OPINION

Go down 
+7
BearDad
Staybrite
oteis
Through The Dark Radio
rockerVu2
Guilty/Forgiven
crucifyd
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
crucifyd

crucifyd

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2016-02-12

ROXX Underground Series - YOUR OPINION - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROXX Underground Series - YOUR OPINION   ROXX Underground Series - YOUR OPINION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 8:24 pm

AHEM!  now that the thread is back on track (maybe)  ; )  ...

1. what's your take on the j-card? like, dislike or whatever?

2. if you are towards the negative side, does/would it keep you from buying them?
Back to top Go down
http://www.crucifyd.com
oteis

oteis

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2013-08-20

PostSubject: Re: ROXX Underground Series - YOUR OPINION   ROXX Underground Series - YOUR OPINION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 3:19 am

1. Dislike (as a record collector), but it does seem fit for an Underground Series.
2. It wouldn't keep me from buying them if the cut-back on sleeve would reflect in the price. If it would mean i could buy these for around $12.50 or so... But it seems the prices are about the same as with a complete sleeve.
Back to top Go down
https://ccmfocus.wordpress.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: ROXX Underground Series - YOUR OPINION   ROXX Underground Series - YOUR OPINION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 4:42 am

oteis wrote:
1. Dislike (as a record collector), but it does seem fit for an Underground Series.
2. It wouldn't keep me from buying them if the cut-back on sleeve would reflect in the price. If it would mean i could buy these for around $12.50 or so... But it seems the prices are about the same as with a complete sleeve.

Agreed, why not a complete sleeve? Wouldn't stop me from buying one but so far there has been nothing released that interests me. Maybe since they are only having 150 or so of each pressing it is cheaper for them to make them without the cardboard outer sleeve. That is something else with today's vinyl - the sleeves (no matter who makes them) are cheap card stock and many new records I have are split at the top due to 180 gram records and the cheap sleeves (and I notice it before I even open them). Some of the older (well all of them actually) are thicker cardboard. In fact, some of the ones I have from the 60's, 70's and earlier are actual cardboard and have held up well for over 50 years now. So far 3 of the 4 Zeppelin album reissues I have bought are split at the top even before I took off the shrink wrap. Just a minor annoyance because the records and sleeves themselves look good. 

Bottom line - if they released something like... Say Rage Of Angels or something I would probably buy it even if it was a j-sleeve but would prefer a normal jacket.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: ROXX Underground Series - YOUR OPINION   ROXX Underground Series - YOUR OPINION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 11:30 am

I personally don't mind the j-card since I'm more interested in the music.  Plus, I'll keep the record in the plastic sleeve when I'm not playing it.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: ROXX Underground Series - YOUR OPINION   ROXX Underground Series - YOUR OPINION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 7:58 am

BearDad wrote:
oteis wrote:
I'm very much interested in vinyl, but i'm kinda disappointed all those christian vinyl are impossible to get for a decent price here in EU. All those Ulterium vinyls have decent distribution through Christian Metal Distribution, but somehow it doesn't work the other way around. few copies are finding its way to Nordic Mission, but are sold for around $50,- including shipping, which makes it about the same price for importing directly from Roxx. 
Anyway that wasn't the question. Sad
About the J-card. I would say leave the colored vinyl and focus on a decent sleeve!

They are very difficult to get for a decent price in the US as well.  For example: Stryper's Fallen is $28.49 at Amazon.  affraid affraid affraid  That's ridiculous! I want vinyl, but I also want the CD, making that $45 if I get both. Thus, I don't buy new vinyl.   Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Not to drag this off topic again, but another reason for not getting vinyl is the shipping cost.  I thought I'd get Rob Rock's Rage of Creation from Ulterium as it's only $15, but they want $12 to ship to the US. Sorry, but when the cost of buying a product in a format that is purely for nostalgic purposes is as much as what it takes to fill a tank of gas it is not worth it.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: ROXX Underground Series - YOUR OPINION   ROXX Underground Series - YOUR OPINION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 12:31 pm

BearDad wrote:
BearDad wrote:
oteis wrote:
I'm very much interested in vinyl, but i'm kinda disappointed all those christian vinyl are impossible to get for a decent price here in EU. All those Ulterium vinyls have decent distribution through Christian Metal Distribution, but somehow it doesn't work the other way around. few copies are finding its way to Nordic Mission, but are sold for around $50,- including shipping, which makes it about the same price for importing directly from Roxx. 
Anyway that wasn't the question. Sad
About the J-card. I would say leave the colored vinyl and focus on a decent sleeve!

They are very difficult to get for a decent price in the US as well.  For example: Stryper's Fallen is $28.49 at Amazon.  affraid affraid affraid  That's ridiculous! I want vinyl, but I also want the CD, making that $45 if I get both. Thus, I don't buy new vinyl.   Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Not to drag this off topic again, but another reason for not getting vinyl is the shipping cost.  I thought I'd get Rob Rock's Rage of Creation from Ulterium as it's only $15, but they want $12 to ship to the US. Sorry, but when the cost of buying a product in a format that is purely for nostalgic purposes is as much as what it takes to fill a tank of gas it is not worth it.

To paraphrase Ron Weasley, you need to sort out your priorities Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ROXX Underground Series - YOUR OPINION   ROXX Underground Series - YOUR OPINION - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ROXX Underground Series - YOUR OPINION
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2