Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Dutch member from Germany!

Go down 
+7
Guilty/Forgiven
Fundy
Staybrite
Xid
BearDad
alldatndensum
Andreas89
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Andreas89

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2016-03-24

New Dutch member from Germany! Empty
PostSubject: New Dutch member from Germany!   New Dutch member from Germany! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2016 3:58 am

So I've made a few posts on this forum, but since I haven't properly introduced myself I've been holding back a bit. So it may be time for a short introduction!

My name is André, I'm 26 years old and I live in Germany since last August. My wife will start working at the Max Planck Institute in a few weeks, so we'll be here for a few years Smile
Oh, and we have two dogs, a big one and a small one.

I really love music; since I was 18 my main focus has been heavy/power metal, later on I came to enjoy some prog too. I don't mind symphonic elements by the way Wink
Other hobbies: casual gaming, playing "soccer" (Americans are weird for naming it like that Razz ).
I became a christian when I was 21, despite my christian upbringing. It was a bit of a weird situation, where going to church was "sinful" because churches don't tell "the truth" anymore. There's alot to that kind of theology; some things I can appreciate but I also see the dangers now. We can always talk about that; I'm into the Bible and theology too these days!

I've seen there's some room for theological duscussion here too, looking forward to that Smile
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: New Dutch member from Germany!   New Dutch member from Germany! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2016 6:15 am

Welcome, Andreas89!

There is some room for some theological discussion, but we will not let it get too far out of control.  I'm not going to allow some of the hatefulness that some other forums have had when it came to discussing the Lord and current issues.  This is what keeps us small and much more like a family.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: New Dutch member from Germany!   New Dutch member from Germany! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2016 6:18 am

Hello Andre. Welcome to the board. I've been to both Germany and the Netherlands many times; when I was a kid my dad was stationed in Belgium and we lived in a little town called Riemst just over the Belgium/Netherlands border near Maastricht. I keep hoping to be able to go back someday.

Last edited by BearDad on Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: New Dutch member from Germany!   New Dutch member from Germany! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2016 8:53 am

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: New Dutch member from Germany!   New Dutch member from Germany! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2016 11:48 am

Welcome Andrea! Very glad to have you here, thanks for introducing yourself.

You might be pleased to know you aren't the only Dutch member here (RockerVu2 is also from the Netherlands).

We do have some very diverse theological differences here at CHM so we try to do a good job of not stepping on each others toes regarding that issue. It really helps if we remember it is more important to love each other as a family than it is to try and convert others to our individual way of thinking.

Fundy

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: New Dutch member from Germany!   New Dutch member from Germany! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2016 12:41 pm

Welcome to CHM.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: New Dutch member from Germany!   New Dutch member from Germany! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2016 1:51 pm

Hey ! Welcome ! Pull up a chair and grab some donuts, you're gonna love it here.  I've been here... oh man, what, for over 12 years now ??  And these people have become my family, just love everyone here, and if you hang around long enough, you'll understand why. 

Glad to meet you !
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: New Dutch member from Germany!   New Dutch member from Germany! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 7:07 am

Welcome to CHM Andreas.
Back to top Go down
oteis

oteis

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2013-08-20

PostSubject: Re: New Dutch member from Germany!   New Dutch member from Germany! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 8:51 am

Good to have more Dutch people on board. There are a few Dutchies here including me. Welcome.
Back to top Go down
https://ccmfocus.wordpress.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: New Dutch member from Germany!   New Dutch member from Germany! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 2:05 pm

oteis wrote:
Good to have more Dutch people on board. There are a few Dutchies here including me. Welcome.

How could I have forgotten about our resident Dutch vinyl fanatic!
I think you guys are trying to take over the board!!!!
Laughing

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: New Dutch member from Germany!   New Dutch member from Germany! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 11:39 pm

Welkom!

Or should I say

Willkommen!
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: New Dutch member from Germany!   New Dutch member from Germany! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 11:06 am

Welcome! I've went to the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany when I was in college. We stayed in Maastricht, visited Amsterdam, Brugges, Brussels and Aachen.

Hope you enjoy our little community.
Back to top Go down
Andreas89

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2016-03-24

PostSubject: Re: New Dutch member from Germany!   New Dutch member from Germany! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2016 8:29 am

Thanks for the (multilingual) welcomes guys Smile

And don't worry, I'm very trained in the art of discussing things over the internet while keeping things civil Wink  even when the subject is explosive and/or the initial reaction is negative.
To boast even more: I can even do so on facebook!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to my time here Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Dutch member from Germany!   New Dutch member from Germany! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Dutch member from Germany!
Page 1 of 1