Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Local favorites

Go down 
+6
Xid
Driven
xenonlion
MikeInFla
Staybrite
ishmael81
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Local favorites - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local favorites   Local favorites - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 8:27 pm

kerrick wrote:
You should!  It's a very nice brown ale.  Flavorful but also mild: very enjoyable!

Speaking of beer...  California has a TON and even Santa Cruz has quite a few good ones.  Some of my favorites are:

Discretion
Sante Adarius Rustic Ales
Uncommon
Steel Bonnet

I went to school in Chico which is home to Sierra Nevada.  That was pretty excellent because all the bars had really good beer on tap!  (If all you've ever had is their Pale Ale, I highly recommend you remedy that!  The Pale is ok... but nowhere near as good as some of their other stuff.)

My all-time local favorites though are the redwood forests around here.  geek  There truly isn't anything like hiking through the epic redwood forest on a grey drizzly day.  Just fantastic!
I've had Sierra Nevadas porter I think. Pretty good
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Local favorites   Local favorites - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 8:28 pm

Staybrite wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
One of Tennessee's most famous "local" favorites are Jack Daniels made right in Lynchburg, TN daily and then aged in caves for 4 years before you can buy it.  I never touch the putrid stuff.  Besides, if I do something stupid, I want to remember it.

Another is the Goo Goo Cluster.  Those are still made in Tennessee.  I never cared for those, either.

I was a huge fan of Jack Daniels (along with Bacardi 151) back in my drinking days.  I still enjoy the taste but stay away from it as I have no desire to fall off the wagon.

Sounds familiar. When I drank to get stupid, I'd have as many Jack and Cokes as I could, as quick as I could. I still like the flavor and smoothness but once I start with Jack, I don't know when to quit.

Beer, on the other hand, has always been about flavor for me...

Sounds like I am the same way with wine.  I like wine but it better taste good, and I have never been tempted to drink more than one (or two) glasses of it at most....I just never drink it to excess.
Any more wine is so heavy I'm done after one glass. I love the taste of a good wine or beer but honestly in the last several months it makes me sick to my stomach.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Local favorites   Local favorites - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 10:02 pm

I do not like wine.  Ucky stuffs!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Local favorites   Local favorites - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Local favorites
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2