Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just in case anyone cares...

Go down 
+4
rockerVu2
xenonlion
Staybrite
ishmael81
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Just in case anyone cares... Empty
PostSubject: Just in case anyone cares...   Just in case anyone cares... I_icon_minitime7/7/2015, 8:08 am

Some of you may have noticed I haven't been around as much recently (some of you may be happy about that, too). I wanted to post this to let some of you know what's going on.

So basically, in the last few years my views on faith and politics and a few other things has changed. Because of this, I've tried to express my opinion in places where (unbeknownst to me) it wasn't welcome. This board is one of those places. I remember specifically a conversation about homosexuality that made a long-time member leave, and I felt guilty about it because I was the one who disagreed with this individual.

With that as the background, I've decided to not post so much. I may stop altogether. Frankly, my views are not traditional, and not very welcome around here - and that's okay. We're all free to believe what we want and I still view you all as brothers and sisters in Jesus. But I don't want to cause dissension and strife in the community.

So, if I don't come around anymore, that's why...
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Just in case anyone cares...   Just in case anyone cares... I_icon_minitime7/7/2015, 1:49 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
Some of you may have noticed I haven't been around as much recently (some of you may be happy about that, too). I wanted to post this to let some of you know what's going on.

So basically, in the last few years my views on faith and politics and a few other things has changed. Because of this, I've tried to express my opinion in places where (unbeknownst to me) it wasn't welcome. This board is one of those places. I remember specifically a conversation about homosexuality that made a long-time member leave, and I felt guilty about it because I was the one who disagreed with this individual.

Ok, I'm not happy with you not posting here anymore. (yes double negative I know).

And how come I don't remember this incident where someone left over what you said (you can PM me about it if you would rather, but I would like to know who it was, and why you think it was you who drove this person away).

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Just in case anyone cares...   Just in case anyone cares... I_icon_minitime7/7/2015, 2:00 pm

We care about you. It's okay to be here and have an unpopular opinion.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Just in case anyone cares...   Just in case anyone cares... I_icon_minitime7/7/2015, 3:28 pm

Staybrite,

IT was this thread https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/t6507-why-i-love-mike-huckabee

If you read through to the last page, you'll see that Redeemed Fool left because of this thread. Now I'm assuming it's me but that's because he and I were talking about the topic back and forth.

*sigh* I don't want to cause dissension, but being a Christian Anarchist (Christarchist) is not comfortable to some folks...
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

PostSubject: Re: Just in case anyone cares...   Just in case anyone cares... I_icon_minitime7/7/2015, 4:08 pm

Eh well, I'm sure folks will still accept you. I know what it's like to be surrounded by people with different political beliefs AND religious beliefs. XD My political beliefs are kind of unique as well, though they are also developing a lot. I'm still pretty young n all.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Just in case anyone cares...   Just in case anyone cares... I_icon_minitime7/7/2015, 6:51 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
Staybrite,

IT was this thread https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/t6507-why-i-love-mike-huckabee

If you read through to the last page, you'll see that Redeemed Fool left because of this thread. Now I'm assuming it's me but that's because he and I were talking about the topic back and forth.

*sigh* I don't want to cause dissension, but being a Christian Anarchist (Christarchist) is not comfortable to some folks...

I don't think you can take full credit for him leaving.  He had actually left this forum once before out "disinterest in new music" as he put it.  RockerVu2 (and me too) appealed for him to return and at least join in the discussion portion of the board, but it looks like he just quite coming.  You certainly weren't the only person on that thread espousing a "less than conservative view" and I thought you did in a fairly sensitive way.  If you want to quit posting I can't make you stop, but certainly don't beat yourself up over it.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Just in case anyone cares...   Just in case anyone cares... I_icon_minitime7/8/2015, 6:40 am

Ishmael, it's not cool you don't come to post on CHM anymore.
You are a member of the CHM family ! ! !

I think that you can tell your opinion about things on CHM.
We're all different and have other meanings about things like that.
But on CHM we accept that others can have an other meaning.
That's what I think about the discussions about this.

It never may be a reason to leave or not posting on CHM anymore.
that's how it goes in daily life too, you can have heavy discussions with other about hard things, but It never may be the reason not talking to this person anymore.
So, I hope you come back to post.
A CHM family stays a family even you disagree with others.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Just in case anyone cares...   Just in case anyone cares... I_icon_minitime7/8/2015, 7:40 am

You guys are too nice... Like I said I'll stick around but I'm going to be more judicious in what I post at times.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Just in case anyone cares...   Just in case anyone cares... I_icon_minitime7/8/2015, 9:13 am

ishmael81 wrote:
You guys are too nice... Like I said I'll stick around but I'm going to be more judicious in what I post at times.

Probably a good idea for all of us (myself included).

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Just in case anyone cares...   Just in case anyone cares... I_icon_minitime7/8/2015, 11:18 pm

Dude, first, I don't want to see you leave or "fade into the background" or anything.  You bring a lot of great stuff to the table. You're not the kind to purposely cause dissention or stir up trouble (people like that are more than welcome to take a hike) - you've always been tactful and handle topics well.

Second, everyone gets along so well here at CHM cuz we're a crazy family that loves each other despite having some different ideas and beliefs about things.  Our core beliefs are pretty much the same across the board, but each of us have our own things that may be best kept on the downlow- as they're just topics that generate more heat than light.  Lord knows I have my share of unpopular ideas, but I pretty much keep them to myself to keep the peace (for example, if I brought up my personal belief that not all babies go to heaven, and tried to get others to believe that with me, I may not only raise a few eyebrows, but I may become quickly unpopular... not that I'm all that popular to begin with -haha !). And even if you decided not to keep things to yourself, I'm sure we are pretty open minded enough to not "leave the group" cuz we don't agree with you.

Stick around Joshua. You're an integral part of our whacky family and we love ya Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3123
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Just in case anyone cares...   Just in case anyone cares... I_icon_minitime7/9/2015, 5:15 am

ishmael81 wrote:

I'm a Christian Democrat and no one has run me off yet! I think you should hang around for a while.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Just in case anyone cares...   Just in case anyone cares... I_icon_minitime7/9/2015, 9:06 am

MikeInFla wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:

I'm a Christian Democrat and no one has run me off yet! I think you should hang around for a while.

Wow, I thought the Christian Democrat was myth!  To think I actually know one!  lol!

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Just in case anyone cares...   Just in case anyone cares... I_icon_minitime7/9/2015, 9:12 am

Staybrite wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:

Wow, I thought the Christian Democrat was myth!  To think I actually know one!  lol!
There are at least 2 of us that I know of and we live in the same house  Laughing  Might not be any more tho!
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Just in case anyone cares...   Just in case anyone cares... I_icon_minitime7/9/2015, 10:38 am

Staybrite wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:

You may be shocked to find out that you know a Christian anarchist as well...
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Just in case anyone cares...   Just in case anyone cares... I_icon_minitime7/9/2015, 11:31 am

ishmael81 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:

You may be shocked to find out that you know a Christian anarchist as well...
Yeah but are there two?  Laughing
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Just in case anyone cares...   Just in case anyone cares... I_icon_minitime7/9/2015, 11:37 am

What exactly is a Christian Anarchist?  Someone who believes only God's law is to be followed?
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

PostSubject: Re: Just in case anyone cares...   Just in case anyone cares... I_icon_minitime7/9/2015, 11:48 am

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I would think that it means that there isn't a hierarchical system like there is now. Also, aren't certain principles to be followed? Like, you don't hurt others and only use force when someone is bringing physical harm? I could be getting it mixed up with something else.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Just in case anyone cares...   Just in case anyone cares... I_icon_minitime7/9/2015, 1:08 pm

Xenonlion, you're thinking of Christian pacifism mixed with Christarchy.

Christian anarchism or Christarchy is the belief that Christ followers are subject to laws unless they force you to go against God's law, and that we shouldn't be involved in earthly political systems.

Joshua Porter aka Josh Dies said it this way:

"To put it plainly: The State operates with top-down power over—the coercion of behavior via the threat of punishment/violence, i.e., there are civil laws to which disobedience demands fine, imprisonment, or death. The Church, on the other hand, operates with upside down power under, the reshaping of hearts and minds via sacrifice and service, i.e., Romans 5:8, Romans 2:4, Matt. 26, 1 Peter 3:9, Matt. 5:39, etc.

Given that Church and State have foundational divergences in operation and methodology, the Church can not be the State, and the State can not be the Church. In fact, they have distinct roles laid out in Romans 12 and 13."

Greg Boyd said it this way:

“(I) argue that Kingdom people are called to pledge their allegiance to God alone, not to any nation,government, political party or ideology. Because Kingdom people are under the rule of God alone, they are not under any other rule. Kingdom people are thus called to be ‘anarchists’ (meaning without [‘an’] human authority [‘archy’]). Not only this, but the main task of Kingdom people is to keep the Kingdom “holy” — meaning “set apart,” “separate” and “consecrated.” We are to take great care to live lives that are set apart from the ideals, values and methods of the world’s politics.

I need to say at the start that this doesn’t mean Kingdom people are to be law breakers. When laws conflict with the rule of God, of course, we must break them (Ac 5:39). But otherwise we’re to submit to them, for not doing so would unnecessarily get in the way of our call to build the Kingdom. But we submit to laws not because they have authority over us, but because we submit to God.”

The long and the short of it is that things that are political mean nothing to me (and other Christarchists) because they are of this world. The recent SCOTUS decision about gay marriage means nothing to me in terms of my political beliefs as well as my moral beliefs. SCOTUS allowing gay marriage does absolutely nothing to my marriage - in which Jesus is the center. It's much the same for other political items.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Just in case anyone cares...   Just in case anyone cares... I_icon_minitime7/9/2015, 1:12 pm

ishmael (and others),

Can I be completely blunt?  The fact that are willing to walk away from this community because you don't want to cause dissention and division is the very reason you NEED to stay.  I haven't been posting a lot because the real world is dragging me down right now, and I still feel a bit like an outsider here (or at least the weird cousin that everyone is nice to at the family reunion but doesn't get invited to Christmas) because I am only sporadically active, but I have come to really prefer this place to other Christian forums because I feel like even though I'm not a toe-the-line conservative Christian, I feel accepted and respected here.  I know most people here don't agree with me on a lot of issues, so I am judicious in what I say and how I say it.

As for people leaving because of something you said, I find it rather interesting that someone would feel compelled to leave a board where most people agree with what they are saying simply because one person had the nerve to disagree.  Nah, whatever he said, he left for other reasons than that thread.  More than that, I have interacted with you on these boards and on FB for quite a while and I have never found you to be anything other than civil and respectful.  Sure, we all get a little hot from time to time in the middle of some discussions, but that isn't who you are.

Bottom line:  do what you think is best, but don't think you won't be missed if you went away.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Just in case anyone cares...   Just in case anyone cares... I_icon_minitime7/9/2015, 2:08 pm

ishmael81 wrote:

Christian anarchism or Christarchy is the belief that Christ followers are subject to laws unless they force you to go against God's law, and that we shouldn't be involved in earthly political systems.

I have some family friends who are exactly as you have described above.
I have toyed with the idea myself, mostly just because politics frustrate me and I would just like to done with having to vote for the "least offensive candidate".

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Just in case anyone cares...   Just in case anyone cares... I_icon_minitime7/9/2015, 2:10 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
....  I haven't been posting a lot because the real world is dragging me down right now, and I still feel a bit like an outsider here (or at least the weird cousin that everyone is nice to at the family reunion but doesn't get invited to Christmas) because I am only sporadically active, but I have come to really prefer this place to other Christian forums because I feel like even though I'm not a toe-the-line conservative Christian, I feel accepted and respected here.  I know most people here don't agree with me on a lot of issues, so I am judicious in what I say and how I say it.....

Wait, you feel like the CHM red-headed step-child because you don't post daily?  There are quite a few people here like that....and one of them is an Admin.  And for the record you are welcome for Christmas at my house any time.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Just in case anyone cares...   Just in case anyone cares... I_icon_minitime7/9/2015, 2:24 pm

My dad always told us, that you can discuss about everything and disagree with each other for 100%.
But when the discusion is finished you always can look in each others eyes and shake hands.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Just in case anyone cares...   Just in case anyone cares... I_icon_minitime7/9/2015, 2:39 pm

Well, I have to say this is not quite the response I anticipated. Thanks gang for the support and kind words. I guess I'll stick around.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Just in case anyone cares...   Just in case anyone cares... I_icon_minitime7/9/2015, 3:39 pm

Staybrite wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:
....  I haven't been posting a lot because the real world is dragging me down right now, and I still feel a bit like an outsider here (or at least the weird cousin that everyone is nice to at the family reunion but doesn't get invited to Christmas) because I am only sporadically active, but I have come to really prefer this place to other Christian forums because I feel like even though I'm not a toe-the-line conservative Christian, I feel accepted and respected here.  I know most people here don't agree with me on a lot of issues, so I am judicious in what I say and how I say it.....

Wait, you feel like the CHM red-headed step-child because you don't post daily?  There are quite a few people here like that....and one of them is an Admin.  And for the record you are welcome for Christmas at my house any time.

What time do we eat? Should I bring a side?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Just in case anyone cares...   Just in case anyone cares... I_icon_minitime7/9/2015, 4:07 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:

What time do we eat? Should I bring a side?

Food on the table at 4.  You can bring a side dish just as long as it's kosher!  geek

PostSubject: Re: Just in case anyone cares...   Just in case anyone cares... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just in case anyone cares...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next