Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pastor Brad New Project "COVERS" Update

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
pastorbrad

pastorbrad

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2015-06-15

Pastor Brad New Project "COVERS" Update Empty
PostSubject: Pastor Brad New Project "COVERS" Update   Pastor Brad New Project "COVERS" Update I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2015 12:41 pm

If you grew up in the late 1970s & 1980s like I did, I think you'll relate with this project.  My love for guitar was birthed on Sept. 24, 1980, @ Market Square Arena, in Indianapolis.  My dad took me to see AC/DC on the Back In Black tour...I was 13.  That night--watching Angus---my life changed.  I know AC/DC are not Christian--but in a very real, Rom. 8:28 way, God used that night --- and all of the bands that I loved in the 70s & 80s to inspire me musically.

So, I'm embarking on a great challenge--to try to COVER a set of Classic Hard Rock songs from "the day" -- that inspired my love for music.  There's no way I could ever cover every song I'd like to---but I think this list is a nice representation.

THE SONGS
Without Warning/Tooth & Nail (Dokken)
You've Got Another Thing Commin' (Judas Priest)
Detroit Rock City (Kiss)
Bang Your Head/Metal Health (Quiet Riot)
Enter Sandman (Metalica)
Crazy Train (Ozzy)
The Trooper (Iron Maiden)
Man On The Silver Mountain (Rainbow)
Crazy Nights (Loudness)
I Wanna Be Somebody (WASP)
We Will Rock You (Queen) 

I will tweak the lyrics -- in order to honor Christ---but I do not want to do "parodies".  I want to keep as much of the lyrical content as possible...  As I've read over the lyrics to these songs--it's amazing how just a couple small word changes radically "redeems" the message of each song...

GUEST ARTISTS:
Mario Barisic, Derek Corzine, Jeff Garner, Art Kalenda & Matt Eltringham will be contributing lead guitar tracks.  And Luke Weber will be contributing Vocal -- both lead and backing tracks. I will lay a number of vocal tracks as well...

COVER ART--by my son, Josh Windlan
Pastor Brad New Project "COVERS" Update Covers%2BCover

I'm WELL INTO THIS...  I have  7 of the songs close to recorded (minus vocal tracks)... it's sounding amazing!

MY GOAL: Is to: 1) create something special for Christian fans of the music from this time, 2) Honor Jesus & 3) Pay sincere tribute to the musicianship/artistry of the artists who created these songs.

I covet your prayers for this project!
I'll keep you posted!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Pastor Brad New Project "COVERS" Update   Pastor Brad New Project "COVERS" Update I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2015 3:05 pm

Wow, fantastic selection of songs to cover!  I am a big fan of cover songs myself (assuming they are done well), given your talent I can imagine these will sound fantastic.  Are you planning to stay mostly true to the original versions or stretch them into something a bit different?

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Pastor Brad New Project "COVERS" Update   Pastor Brad New Project "COVERS" Update I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2015 9:19 pm

Thanks for the update- looking forward to hearing the finished product.  And I concur about the song selection!
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
pastorbrad

pastorbrad

PostSubject: Re: Pastor Brad New Project "COVERS" Update   Pastor Brad New Project "COVERS" Update I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 7:57 pm

Awesome, thanks guys.  I DO plan to stay close to the original arrangements.  A few of the leads to experience a tiny shredder twist  Very Happy... but all of it will remain quite recognizable.

I'm working on Crazy Nights right now... here is are the lyrics (tweaked for Christ) for this song--as they stand now.... 

CRAZY NIGHTS by Loudness (PB Covers version)

You come to see the show
Well, we're gonna rock and roll you
Come and get on your feet!

We're gonna lift Him up--alright
Hey, it’s gonna be amazing tonight
Let me hear you shout and scream

We’re here make you smile
We're gonna do our best

The best time you ever had, alright
Yeah, it's gonna be amazing tonight
Let me hear you lift Him up!

Rock and roll crazy night
Praising our Hero--tonight
He is the Hero!

He’s the way! He’s the way! He’s the way!

You come to see the show
Come on get on your feet

The sound hits you in the face, alright
Ohh, It’s gonna be amazing tonight
Let me hear you lift Him up!

Praising out Hero--tonight
He is the Hero!

Hey, hey
Hey, hey
Hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey

Praising our Hero--tonight
He is the Hero!

He’s the way!, He’s the way! He’s the way!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Pastor Brad New Project "COVERS" Update   Pastor Brad New Project "COVERS" Update I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 9:57 pm

I wish I could get in on doing a song on the bass for you!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
pastorbrad

pastorbrad

PostSubject: Re: Pastor Brad New Project "COVERS" Update   Pastor Brad New Project "COVERS" Update I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 3:08 pm

Alldat---I really appreciate that offer---but all of the parts are spoken for bro... perhaps on another project!
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Pastor Brad New Project "COVERS" Update   Pastor Brad New Project "COVERS" Update I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 1:30 pm

That track list is fantastic! I'm not a child of the 70s, but Detroit Rock City has to be one of my favorites from that time period. With a few lyrical tweaks, that song would be awesome!

I can't wait to hear the new album!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pastor Brad New Project "COVERS" Update   Pastor Brad New Project "COVERS" Update I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pastor Brad New Project "COVERS" Update
Page 1 of 1