Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Unusual ways you found bands

Go down 
+3
BearDad
Deepfriar
ishmael81
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Unusual ways you found bands Empty
PostSubject: Unusual ways you found bands   Unusual ways you found bands I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 2:01 pm

So we all have stories that sound similiar about how we found some of the bands we enjoy - concert for another band and they opened, compilation/sampler albums, stuff like that.

But what's an unusual way you've discovered a band?

For me, I stumbled onto Emery by listening to the Bad Christian podcast. A former friend (we've since parted ways, somewhat amicably) sarcastically suggested I listen to the podcast. I started and still listen (although I'm 4 episodes behind!). After a few weeks  I went to their website and found out 2 of the 3 guys is in the band Emery. I checked them out and love them! I have a couple of their discs in the mail from swapacd.com but I've been listening for a couple weeks thanks to youtube.
Back to top Go down
Deepfriar

Deepfriar

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2014-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Unusual ways you found bands   Unusual ways you found bands I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 6:25 am

Yeah, I have no interesting stories lol.  I found most of my bands sampling cassettes in the Christian bookstore (back when that was a thing, uh oh my age is showing), or searching the internet. Oh and there were a couple Christian pop/rock music video shows I'd watch.  One was a local one called Rockbound when I was VERY young (we're talking Geoff Moore, Russ Taff, Amy Grant young), and then there was Real Videos I think was the name of it, hosted by Matt Crouch on TBN.

I discovered Sometime Sunday because I was at a Nailed concert.  My sister actually went to highschool with the lead singer of Nailed, so I went to see them in Knoxville because they were opening for Sometime Sunday.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Unusual ways you found bands   Unusual ways you found bands I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 7:05 am

^^ you say your age is showing, and you refer to your age while listening to Russ Taff and Amy Grant as young!!??

Unusual ways you found bands Angry-old-man-smiley-emoticon
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Unusual ways you found bands   Unusual ways you found bands I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 9:07 am

Deepfriar wrote:
...and then there was Real Videos...
The lamest video show ever!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Deepfriar

Deepfriar

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2014-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Unusual ways you found bands   Unusual ways you found bands I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 9:53 pm

Hey, Real Videos played Tourniquet I saw it once!  I lived for those rare moments when they'd play some heavy music.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Unusual ways you found bands   Unusual ways you found bands I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 10:11 pm

Out of the maybe 4 vids they would play per episode, one was usually good and they talked the rest of the time.  There's only 30 minutes, so shut up and play the video!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com

PostSubject: Re: Unusual ways you found bands   Unusual ways you found bands I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 10:01 am

I have discovered bands through radio, the internet, magazines, word of mouth and just taking a chance and buying a cd or album or cassette because t looked like it rocked...
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Unusual ways you found bands   Unusual ways you found bands I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 6:54 pm

Keeping with the thread- I'd hafta say one unusual way I discovered a band was by someone trying to witness to me in the mid 80s. He knew I was a full on metal freak and so he gave me a cassette copy of Warriors of the Son by Saint.  I thought it was Armored Saint, until I played it and was a little tripped up by this band that kinda rocked pretty hard but sang about Jesus... I thought just Stryper did that back then. I didn't fully appreciate the album until I came to faith a couple years later.  

Then I was teaching youth group around 91, 92 and the niece of a band member in CrystavoX who was in my class knew I loved Christian rock, so she gave me a new tape of their 2nd release.  I popped it in my truck and was blown away !!!!  Kind of an unusual way to discover one of my all time fav bands.  :-)
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Unusual ways you found bands   Unusual ways you found bands I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 9:48 pm

Savage Amusement wrote:
I have discovered bands through radio, the internet, magazines, word of mouth and just taking a chance and buying a cd or album or cassette because t looked like it rocked...

That's it for me exactly.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
oteis

oteis

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2013-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Unusual ways you found bands   Unusual ways you found bands I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 4:08 am

I love going to thrift stores and pick albums up from bands i've never listened to. Even for the sake of exploring my musical boundaries.
Back to top Go down
https://ccmfocus.wordpress.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unusual ways you found bands   Unusual ways you found bands I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unusual ways you found bands
Page 1 of 1