Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

civil discussion about GX and lyrics

Go down 
+5
Staybrite
ishmael81
Xid
BearDad
Guilty/Forgiven
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

civil discussion about GX and lyrics  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: civil discussion about GX and lyrics    civil discussion about GX and lyrics  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 9:00 pm

Have A Drink On Me?

Are you supposed to balance the glass on your head while they slurp through a straw?  Or, did they just get an invite to purposely spill their drink on you?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: civil discussion about GX and lyrics    civil discussion about GX and lyrics  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 9:07 pm

Savage Amusement wrote:
Quote :
While I would accept something a bit more questionable from say Twisted Sister or AC/DC, I am not completely comfortable with the same things coming from a Christian.
hmmm, Dee Snider claims to be a Christian...

Quote :
We all minister for Christ or against Him every day.
I disagree

Dee does claim to be a Christian.....nowadays.  Back in their heyday, however, not so much.  Twisted Sister was definitely more about the rock n' roll rebellion that most metal bands of the time were doing.  I guess, however, that I should have put the tag "Christian artist" on there to differentiate.  I will get slammed for tagging secular and Christian music, but T.S. was definitely more known for the secular side.  I would still expect the songs to be different from a solely secular artist than I would from one who had made a career thus far in "Christian" music.  Yes, I know that music is neutral, but the intent and content will get it labeled by Christians non-Christians alike.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: civil discussion about GX and lyrics    civil discussion about GX and lyrics  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 1:43 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Have A Drink On Me?

Are you supposed to balance the glass on your head while they slurp through a straw?  Or, did they just get an invite to purposely spill their drink on you?

I've always wanted to go up to a girl with an Orange Crush, put it on her head, and say, "I've got a Crush on you". Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: civil discussion about GX and lyrics    civil discussion about GX and lyrics  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 3:58 pm

Driven wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
Have A Drink On Me?

I've always wanted to go up to a girl with an Orange Crush, put it on her head, and say, "I've got a Crush on you". Very Happy

I used to work with a guy who would take out his glass eye, put it on your arm and say "I've got my eye on you." Creepy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: civil discussion about GX and lyrics    civil discussion about GX and lyrics  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

civil discussion about GX and lyrics
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2