Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Small town ... BIG VOICE

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Small town ... BIG VOICE Empty
PostSubject: Small town ... BIG VOICE   Small town ... BIG VOICE I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 7:09 am

http://news.yahoo.com/peerless-pierre-south-dakota-city-monopoly-boardwalk-155352579.html

That's us, little old Pierre (pronounced peer), with our whopping population of 14000, beating out cities like Minneapolis, New York, and Chicago to get the top spot on the new Monopoly game. The election was done Chicago-style --- vote early and vote often --- and that is what we did. I am told the kids at the middle and high school spent time during their computer labs every day, clicking the "vote now" button over and over again.

This just shows what can be done when just a few people get behind something they think is worthy. Now imagine what Christians could do if we'd get off our butts and get on our knees!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Small town ... BIG VOICE   Small town ... BIG VOICE I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 8:36 am

congrats on your town being picked...curious though what you think Christians should be praying for and trying to accomplish..
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Small town ... BIG VOICE   Small town ... BIG VOICE I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 9:28 am

Savage Amusement wrote:
curious though what you think Christians should be praying for and trying to accomplish..

If I have to explain that on a board like this then perhaps we need a theology realm! 

However, since you asked ... in short, I mean the the same thing that Petra means when they sing "Get On Your Knees and Fight Like a Man". It is complacency on the part of us Christians that has allowed same sex marriage to even be an issue, churches to accept homosexuals as pastors, abortion to be legal in this country, and many other issues that directly oppose Christian beliefs.

Respond if you like, but I have no interest in entering into a debate, because neither one of us will convince the other who is right and who is wrong, or who is more right and who is less right, or who is more wrong and who is less wrong, or which way is up and which way is down!  Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23434
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Small town ... BIG VOICE   Small town ... BIG VOICE I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 10:23 am

BearDad wrote:
Savage Amusement wrote:
curious though what you think Christians should be praying for and trying to accomplish..

If I have to explain that on a board like this then perhaps we need a theology realm! 

Uh-oh! Evil or Very Mad

And congrats to all the residents of Pierre (or Pier) Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Small town ... BIG VOICE   Small town ... BIG VOICE I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 10:31 am

Quote :
perhaps we need a theology realm
I think that would be a bad idea..you already know my views on "same sex marriage to even be an issue, churches to accept homosexuals as pastors, abortion to be legal in this country, and many other issues that directly oppose Christian beliefs." and we aint on the same side of the fence Evil or Very Mad  so I agree " I have no interest in entering into a debate, because neither one of us will convince the other who is right and who is wrong, or who is more right and who is less right, or who is more wrong and who is less wrong, or which way is up and which way is down!"
Personally I dont think all the prayer in the world would change those issues because I dont think God interferes with mans free will to live as they want or pass the laws they choose Smile
So again I will look for the new version of the game and think of you when I play it cheers
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Small town ... BIG VOICE   Small town ... BIG VOICE I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 11:16 am

Staybrite wrote:
BearDad wrote:

Uh-oh! Evil or Very Mad

J/K of course.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Small town ... BIG VOICE   Small town ... BIG VOICE I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2015 12:58 pm

Hokey, I didn't realize Pierre was smaller than the town I'm from, which is about 15,000. Not to mention there's another town about the same size just a few minutes away.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Small town ... BIG VOICE   Small town ... BIG VOICE I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2015 3:07 pm

I believe that my little town of Watertown is even smaller.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Small town ... BIG VOICE   Small town ... BIG VOICE I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 1:20 pm

BearDad wrote:
That's us, little old Pierre (pronounced peer)

Humph... I always assumed it was the French version. Though I live in Vigo (pronounced Vee-go) County, which I also assumed was French given the city is named Terre Haute (French for high earth or ground), but Vigo was actually a Spaniard.

Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Small town ... BIG VOICE   Small town ... BIG VOICE I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 1:44 pm

Uncorrected, I'd pronounce it the French way myself.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Small town ... BIG VOICE   Small town ... BIG VOICE I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 2:15 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
BearDad wrote:
That's us, little old Pierre (pronounced peer)

Humph... I always assumed it was the French version. Though I live in Vigo (pronounced Vee-go) County, which I also assumed was French given the city is named Terre Haute (French for high earth or ground), but Vigo was actually a Spaniard.

What can I say ... the necks run red around here! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Small town ... BIG VOICE   Small town ... BIG VOICE I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Small town ... BIG VOICE
Page 1 of 1