Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favorite Saint Song - Crime Scene Earth/CSE 2.0

Go down 
+3
Redeemed Fool
Dynamis
Staybrite
7 posters

Pick One!
The Conquest
Favorite Saint Song - Crime Scene Earth/CSE 2.0 I_vote_lcap0%Favorite Saint Song - Crime Scene Earth/CSE 2.0 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Half a Times Measure
Favorite Saint Song - Crime Scene Earth/CSE 2.0 I_vote_lcap13%Favorite Saint Song - Crime Scene Earth/CSE 2.0 I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 1 ]
Terror In the Sky
Favorite Saint Song - Crime Scene Earth/CSE 2.0 I_vote_lcap38%Favorite Saint Song - Crime Scene Earth/CSE 2.0 I_vote_rcap
 38% [ 3 ]
Everlasting God
Favorite Saint Song - Crime Scene Earth/CSE 2.0 I_vote_lcap13%Favorite Saint Song - Crime Scene Earth/CSE 2.0 I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 1 ]
Crime Scene Earth
 13% [ 1 ]
The Judas In Me
Favorite Saint Song - Crime Scene Earth/CSE 2.0 I_vote_lcap0%Favorite Saint Song - Crime Scene Earth/CSE 2.0 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Too Many
 0% [ 0 ]
Invader
 0% [ 0 ]
Bended Knee
 0% [ 0 ]
Lost
Favorite Saint Song - Crime Scene Earth/CSE 2.0 I_vote_lcap25%Favorite Saint Song - Crime Scene Earth/CSE 2.0 I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Favorite Saint Song - Crime Scene Earth/CSE 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Saint Song - Crime Scene Earth/CSE 2.0   Favorite Saint Song - Crime Scene Earth/CSE 2.0 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 8:35 pm

Favorite Saint Song - Crime Scene Earth/CSE 2.0 Saint_-_Crime_Scene_Earth_zps052ec87aFavorite Saint Song - Crime Scene Earth/CSE 2.0 CrimeSceneEarth20_zps392a1fa9

Crime Scene Earth-2008  / Crime Scene Earth 2.0-2010
Having been accused of being Judas Priest clones for years the band decides to embrace the comparisons and actually records a cover of the Judas Priest classic “Invader”.  IMO they proved up to the task and pulled of a very good cover.  This album was plagued with controversy though, as a vast majority of the lead vocals were performed by the bassist and founding member Richard Lynch, and long time vocalist Josh Kramer only sang lead on 3 songs.  Josh himself claims to have encouraged this as he had moved (out of the state I believe) which made recording sessions difficult.  At any rate this move angered many long time fans and the band corrected the miss-step by retracking the vocals for the remaining songs with Josh back in the lead vocal position and released that recording as “Crime Scene Earth 2.0” in 2010.   This newer version was also remastered and boasts a better overall sound than the first version.  Even though I liked the Rich sung songs on the original version I tend to listen to the newer version almost exclusively because of the better sound.

For a favorite track I am going to have to go with "Lost" although I also really like "Everlasting", "Judas in Me" and their cover of "Invader".

Last edited by Staybrite on Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - Crime Scene Earth/CSE 2.0   Favorite Saint Song - Crime Scene Earth/CSE 2.0 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 9:23 pm

I went with "Terror In The Sky".  BTW, nice review. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - Crime Scene Earth/CSE 2.0   Favorite Saint Song - Crime Scene Earth/CSE 2.0 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 10:41 pm

Dynamis wrote:
I went with "Terror In The Sky".  BTW, nice review. Very Happy

That's a serious compliment coming from you. I'll take it! Laughing

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - Crime Scene Earth/CSE 2.0   Favorite Saint Song - Crime Scene Earth/CSE 2.0 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 10:52 pm

Terror in the sky. I love when songs build like that one does.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - Crime Scene Earth/CSE 2.0   Favorite Saint Song - Crime Scene Earth/CSE 2.0 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 7:18 am

I picked Half A Times Measure. One of the heaviest songs they have ever done. After a while I got used to Rich's vocals so I actually prefer the original over 2.0 although I love the screams on the end of Lost that Josh did (which incidentally is another tribute to Priest, that same scream is the same one Halford does at the end of Victim Of Changes).
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - Crime Scene Earth/CSE 2.0   Favorite Saint Song - Crime Scene Earth/CSE 2.0 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 7:20 am

Everlasting God.  I love it when a metal band "gets their praise on" and never misses a step with their style and sound.  This is a worship song but not the same ol' regurgitated stuff you'll do at church and hear the rest of the week on K-LOVE.

As to Rich doing the vocals, they kept a lot of his tracks even on 2.0.  Josh redid many of the lead vocals, but you still hear Rich's gruffer vocal in the choruses and even in parts building to the chorus.  I am glad, though, that Josh redid the biggest part of the record.  Rich's voice, in my opinion, was just to gruff for the music.  He sounded more like a hardcore barker but the music isn't that heavy at all.  His voice took away from the record.  It needed more polish and Josh was able to give it what it needed.  The original version is no longer in my coolection.  I only have 2.0.  If Josh had not re-recorded the vocal tracks, I would have put this album just slightly above "The Perfect Life".  While it still isn't my overall favorite Saint album, I think much more highly of it with Josh handling the lead vocals and keeping Rich on bass and backing vox.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - Crime Scene Earth/CSE 2.0   Favorite Saint Song - Crime Scene Earth/CSE 2.0 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 10:58 am

Nothing on this album grabbed my attention.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - Crime Scene Earth/CSE 2.0   Favorite Saint Song - Crime Scene Earth/CSE 2.0 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 11:34 am

The self-title track for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - Crime Scene Earth/CSE 2.0   Favorite Saint Song - Crime Scene Earth/CSE 2.0 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Saint Song - Crime Scene Earth/CSE 2.0
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: