Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Give them to me !!!

Go down 
+4
ishmael81
alldatndensum
BearDad
Guilty/Forgiven
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Give them to me !!! Empty
PostSubject: Give them to me !!!   Give them to me !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 10:04 pm

This post is just in case anyone else like ::cough::ALLDAT::cough:: decides they want to clean out their CD collection.

PLEASE consider me first. If the titles are of my interest, and in good shape... I will pay shipping and handling for you to send them to me.

It happens often.. .but I'm always the last to know.
One story was my own brother who tells me one day while we're talking about music that he had a friend at work offer him a box full of records, and if he didn't want them, they were gonna junk them. He had no interest so he declined... didn't think of lil ole me. As we were talking, he said, Oh I didn't know you were into records too, I thought you just liked CDs.  I could've cried.

That's one of several stories. I've had a few others where someone would tell me, Oh, so and so had a bunch of CDs they didn't sell at their yard sale, so they took them to the thrift store.  I was lucky on one occasion and went to one of the thrift stores and found about 6 or 7 Christian rock titles I ended up buying.
But being a music addict, and enjoying the building up of my collection, I really get bummed to hear someone junked a bunch of albums that I would've been interested in. So, if anyone decides they have some CDs (or LPs), Christian and mainstream, that they no longer want and are not gonna sell, I'm your man. Very Happy

Thanks ! This has been a public announcement sponsored by the "Give Jim Your Music Foundation"
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Give them to me !!!   Give them to me !!! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 5:06 am

"If the titles are of my interest, and in good shape... I will pay shipping and handling for you to send them to me."

Ditto
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Give them to me !!!   Give them to me !!! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 6:14 am

Don't worry--when the next purge begins, I will let you guys know.  I just didn't think that most of the peeps here would really want a lot of Hillsongs and Chris Tomlin records.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Give them to me !!!   Give them to me !!! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 9:15 am

Dude, my tastes in music range from polka to metal, opera to jazz.  I don't like some of the more extreme versions of specific genres, like gangsta rap and kekal-like vocals for death and black metal, but for the most part I love all music. And while I'm not big on the "happy happy joy joy" praise stuff, my daughter eats it up like candy, and I happen to know she loves Hillsong, so I probably would have taken those off your hands if no-one else wanted them.

Life lesson: before throwing out your "trash", make sure your friends don't see it as "treasure." Smile
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Give them to me !!!   Give them to me !!! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 10:38 am

I agree BearDad.

Alldat sent me a bunch of cd's a while back and while I traded some off, I still have most of them.

You never know what some weird wizard may want... Smile
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Give them to me !!!   Give them to me !!! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 2:50 pm

Think of me as well, especially if you have tapes. I know tapes aren't too popular, but if you want to give them away, I'll find a neat home for them. Smile
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Give them to me !!!   Give them to me !!! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 3:53 pm

I have very few tapes.  A couple of them I will probably hold onto for a while due to there being no other format through which the release was issued.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Give them to me !!!   Give them to me !!! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 12:58 pm

Here's a bummer for Driven-
Back around 2001-2002, I finished burning all my cassettes to CD-Rs and gave a couple hundred tapes away. I put them in the foyer of our church at the time, with a sign that said FREE TO GOOD HOMES.
There were every style of Christian rock, metal, Pop etc..
Had I known, I woulda waited and gave em to you Driven... Je suis désolé
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Give them to me !!!   Give them to me !!! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 4:14 pm

I just did the math, and if I'm accurate Driven was about 7 or 8 years old when I gave all my cassettes away... Razz
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Give them to me !!!   Give them to me !!! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 5:10 pm

I thought that was his age NOW!!!  I'm so confused!  lol!

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Give them to me !!!   Give them to me !!! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 5:48 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

No, you see, that's because your age is way too high to be able to remember such things. Razz

And in fact, I would've been more like 4 or 5, and the only cassettes I would've known were from the Daniel Band and The Clash, which is what my dad always played in his car.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Give them to me !!!   Give them to me !!! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 12:09 am

Sweet !
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Give them to me !!!   Give them to me !!! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 6:24 am

Driven wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

No, you see, that's because your age is way too high to be able to remember such things. Razz

Now wait a minute!  Where's my puppy?  Grandma, what time does Mr. Rodgers come on?  I am thirsty, so I think I will go to the kitchen.......wait.....why did I come to the kitchen?

So how are you, Andre?  Andre......who's Andre?

lol!

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Give them to me !!!   Give them to me !!! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 8:40 am

Laughing
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Give them to me !!!   Give them to me !!! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 11:54 am

g/f - if my stuff that's listed doesn't sell by the end of the week, I'll let you have it cheap. PM me.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Give them to me !!!   Give them to me !!! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 3:13 pm

I have a number I'm thinking about getting rid of, but shipping from UK would be an arm and a leg!

If you're interested send me a pm...

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Give them to me !!!   Give them to me !!! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 4:12 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Driven wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Now wait a minute!  Where's my puppy?  Grandma, what time does Mr. Rodgers come on?  I am thirsty, so I think I will go to the kitchen.......wait.....why did I come to the kitchen?

So how are you, Andre?  Andre......who's Andre?

lol!

That's a good question… who is André? Wait, what was the question?
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Give them to me !!!   Give them to me !!! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 7:18 am

I have a cassettes from Watchmen and Siloam.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23434
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Give them to me !!!   Give them to me !!! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 6:39 pm

I have a few useless cassettes lying around as well

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Give them to me !!!   Give them to me !!! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 6:56 pm

If by "useless" you mean "broken", then they're fine, but if by "useless" you mean "never played anymore", I know this guy who'd like them… he lives in Canada, though, not to mention that he's short and has long hair. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23434
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Give them to me !!!   Give them to me !!! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 6:19 pm

Driven wrote:
If by "useless" you mean "broken", then they're fine, but if by "useless" you mean "never played anymore", I know this guy who'd like them… he lives in Canada, though, not to mention that he's short and has long hair. Very Happy

Oh not broken. I'll get you a list and you can decide what you want....or maybe I will just send you all of them and you can figure it out then lol!

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Give them to me !!!   Give them to me !!! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 7:06 pm

Sure thing. My mom will be less than impressed with me getting tapes (she's convinced they're terrible), but so long as they're free or way cheap, she can't really complain that I'm wasting money. Not to mention, if I get an older car someday that only has a tape deck, I will be quite vindicated in stocking up on cassettes! Razz
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Give them to me !!!   Give them to me !!! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 9:36 pm

Fundy, thou hast been PM'd  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Give them to me !!!   Give them to me !!! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 9:23 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Driven wrote:

Oh not broken. I'll get you a list and you can decide what you want....or maybe I will just send you all of them and you can figure it out then lol!

Any news on dem tapes? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Give them to me !!!   Give them to me !!! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 7:18 am

I've two Armada cassettes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Give them to me !!!   Give them to me !!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Give them to me !!!
Page 1 of 1