Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Music and music.

Go down 
+6
ishmael81
alldatndensum
Through The Dark Radio
metaldude
Staybrite
rockerVu2
10 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Music and music. Empty
PostSubject: Music and music.   Music and music. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 9:28 am

All of you have a big collection with CDs.
Me too.
My problem for some time is that I can't decide to what CD I will listen.

For a long time I have listened to the music on my phone and put the MP3 player on random.
Do you have had times like this too?

Maybe the solution will be to listen to all the CDs in my collection and I'll start with the Z from Zion. 

Is it so that we sometimes have a music break?
Or am I the only one?
When I start listening to music I notice how great it is to listen to music again.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Music and music. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music and music.   Music and music. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 10:27 am

rockerVu2 wrote:

Maybe the solution will be to listen to all the CDs in my collection and I'll start with the Z from Zion. 

I do this mostly, just listening to all of my cds/albums rotating them through after a few listens.

On occasion I will just decide I want to hear a certain cd and listen to that one instead.  And occasionally I take a break from music and just don't even listen to any music for a few days.

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

Music and music. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music and music.   Music and music. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 1:10 pm

I have to keep buying bigger memory cards to hold the increasing amount of music I have. I'm currently increasing to 64 GB for my phone. I never know what I want next so I stay on shuffle most of the time.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

Music and music. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music and music.   Music and music. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 4:21 pm

I'm a little different.  Since I review albums, I often will listen to those albums that I'm reviewing or will be reviewing soon quite a bit.  Once I've finished the review, I'll usually take some time away from that album and listen to something completely different like FIF or John Coltrane.

I also use a USB to listen to a bunch of different songs on my car (it's USB capable Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Music and music. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music and music.   Music and music. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 6:21 am

I have different types of music for when life changes and metal just isn't it.  I've been mostly a blues man since May with some metal sprinkled in.  I just needed some time to get away from it but I know that some of those bands will get to calling me out again to listen to them.

I go through some spurts where I don't listen to anything at all.  However, those seem to be short lived.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Music and music. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music and music.   Music and music. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 7:50 am

Listening to blues is cool.
Sometimes I have days I can't come into listening to music.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Music and music. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music and music.   Music and music. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 9:02 am

I use shuffle quite a bit. I also listen to a lot of variety of music too, so my shuffle may play FIve IRon Frenzy, then Theocracy, then George Jones, then Jimi Hendrix, then Michael Knott, then Boston...
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Music and music. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music and music.   Music and music. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 8:16 pm

Same here. The shuffle is my friend. I shuffle multiple albums more than I listen to 1 full album from beginning to end. One thing I still don't do is shuffle Christian music with secular... Idk why, but I still listen to them separately... kinda funny
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Music and music. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music and music.   Music and music. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 6:28 am

I have musical ADHD sometimes. I have so much stuff to listen to that sometimes I can't decide what I want to hear. Sometimes I won't even play a whole song before changing to another artist. Been spinning a lot of vinyl lately, mostly stuff from Hendrix, Beatles, Zeppelin and the new Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl records. The good thing about playing records, for me anyway, if I don't song hop as much. Once I put on Side 1 I let the whole side play.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Music and music. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music and music.   Music and music. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 6:41 am

You guys are definitely shufflers!  I don't do the shuffle thing much.  I prefer to listen to a full album.  If I shuffle, it is typically because I have a large catalog of a particular artist and it is a good way to play a lot of songs by them.  I will do this with Weird Al, Rez, Whitecross, etc.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Music and music. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music and music.   Music and music. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 8:43 am

Yes, I'm a shuffler last months.
Maybe I have to move my CD collection to the room where my computer is.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Music and music. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music and music.   Music and music. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 9:26 am

I don't shuffle at all.  If I want to listen to a lot of a particular artist I'll play their albums first to last.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Music and music. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music and music.   Music and music. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 10:24 am

I almost never shuffle.  I listen to whole albums, but usually only one by a given artist and then move on to another artist.

Guilty/Forgiven

Music and music. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music and music.   Music and music. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 11:19 am

Remember when you were a teen and you'd play a cassette or 8 track all the way through SO many times that you KNEW what the next song was before it came on ?  
I drive my wife crazy sometimes, cuz as a song is ending, I may start singing the beginning of the next song... she's like "how do you do that ?"  Laughing
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

Music and music. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music and music.   Music and music. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 3:41 pm

How about this shuffle? 

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Music and music. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music and music.   Music and music. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 4:10 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Remember when you were a teen and you'd play a cassette or 8 track all the way through SO many times that you KNEW what the next song was before it came on ?  
I drive my wife crazy sometimes, cuz as a song is ending, I may start singing the beginning of the next song... she's like "how do you do that ?"  Laughing

Oh yes, have done the same myself.  What's worse if if you are listening to a song from an album you know really well on the radio or someone else's mix-tape/playlist, and you are expecting the next song on the album to start but it is a completely different band (usually by another artist).  Kind of shocks ya for a second.

Readi_Sketti

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2012-01-12

Music and music. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music and music.   Music and music. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 4:21 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

Oh yes, have done the same myself.  What's worse if if you are listening to a song from an album you know really well on the radio or someone else's mix-tape/playlist, and you are expecting the next song on the album to start but it is a completely different band (usually by another artist).  Kind of shocks ya for a second.

I have totally had that happen Razz LOL!

I am both a shuffler & a repeater (I play the same album over & over & over!)
I need to get more music on to my MP3 player. Or perhaps an MP3 player with more room
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Music and music. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music and music.   Music and music. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 5:48 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

A lot of times I'll hear my favorite song off an album and end up with the next one stuck in my head.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Music and music. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music and music.   Music and music. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 9:26 am

Quote :
I coulda used to a little more cowbell

This is making me laugh.
It reminds me of a little video I've made in the vacation.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Music and music. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music and music.   Music and music. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 9:28 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
Quote :
I coulda used to a little more cowbell

This is making me laugh.
It reminds me of a little video I've made in the vacation.
Thanks!  Glad you enjoy it!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Music and music. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music and music.   Music and music. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 11:18 am

Metaldude - LOVE that Curly Shuffle  Laughing - When that song came out, it spoke to only the elite of us who are Stooge fanatics.. most people (esp women) didn't "get it" - haha !
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Music and music. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music and music.   Music and music. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 11:23 am

Howabout this: Anyone like a song SO MUCH that they set it on repeat and listen to it several times in a row ?
I remember in my early days of cassettes only, I recorded a compilation to tape of some of my fav songs, and I'd record some of them 2 or 3 times in a row - same song. I remember doing that with Everybody Knows My Name, I could listen to that song over and over like 4 or 5 times in a row... course it's a good way to get sick of a song real quick too.  affraid
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Music and music. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music and music.   Music and music. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 11:55 am

I tended to avoid the "repeat a single song several times" deal.  That is a quick way for me to hate the song.  Laughing

Music and music. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music and music.   Music and music. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Music and music.
Page 1 of 1