Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Exodus movie (Dec 2014)

Go down 
+3
Guilty/Forgiven
alldatndensum
Hardkore
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2564
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Exodus movie  (Dec 2014) Empty
PostSubject: Exodus movie (Dec 2014)   Exodus movie  (Dec 2014) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 4:46 am

When I recently went to see Dawn of the Planet of the Apes they had the trailer for the upcoming movie Exodus : Gods and Kings.  While visually it looks great, I want to know a bit more about the story/script to see how close it is biblically and doesn't stray off like the Noah movie did. I don't think the subtitle "Gods and Kings" was needed.

From seeing the movie poster ( http://www.beyondhollywood.com/uploads/2014/07/Exodus-Gods-and-Kings-2014-Movie-Poster.jpg) with the tagline "Once Brothers ,Now Enemies" I get the impression that this centers mainly around their relationship and including the exodus itself. How far will the movie go towards the unveiling of the Ten Commandments?

Here is the trailer...

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Exodus movie (Dec 2014)   Exodus movie  (Dec 2014) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 5:48 pm

Like you said, I want to see how far it strays from the Biblical narrative before I waste money on this.  However, if after prescreening it some of the more public conservative pastors begin to embrace this, I might go to the theater myself.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2564
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Exodus movie (Dec 2014)   Exodus movie  (Dec 2014) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 6:50 am

Went looking for a review about Exodus this morn. Instead of the usual sites,I went somewhere else.

I would copy/paste but the article is 3 pages long.
http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2014/december-web-only/exodus.html

After reading it,I may go ahead and see it in the theater.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Exodus movie (Dec 2014)   Exodus movie  (Dec 2014) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 1:14 pm

I personally am done with "Biblical" movies as interpreted by Hollyweird. Noah completely ruined it for me. Anytime someone asks me if I'm gonna see Such-and-such Christian movie, I now say no, I'll just read the Book instead.
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Exodus movie (Dec 2014)   Exodus movie  (Dec 2014) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 6:20 pm

http://pastorgabehughes.blogspot.ca/2014/12/exodus-gods-and-kings-pastors-review.html
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Exodus movie (Dec 2014)   Exodus movie  (Dec 2014) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 8:22 pm

My daughter is going to see it tonight but I would trust her to judge if it is theologically sound or not.

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: Exodus movie (Dec 2014)   Exodus movie  (Dec 2014) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 11:53 am

http://www.albertmohler.com/2014/12/15/moses-without-the-supernatural-ridley-scotts-moses-gods-and-kings/?utm_source=feedly&utm_reader=feedly&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=moses-without-the-supernatural-ridley-scotts-moses-gods-and-kings
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Exodus movie (Dec 2014)   Exodus movie  (Dec 2014) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 3:44 pm

If any of the quotes attributed to the the director or the film's star in that Mohler article are true then that clinches it for me....I'm not going to waste my time with the film.

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: Exodus movie (Dec 2014)   Exodus movie  (Dec 2014) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 4:02 pm

Ridley is an avowed atheist and very upfront about it and Bale did say stuff like that in interviews. Sadly, i'm reading some Christians saying it's ok because people will compare it to the Bible and then know the truth. It may happen but i've never known of it though I have known many who used these movies to prove that God is a tyrant.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3876
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Exodus movie (Dec 2014)   Exodus movie  (Dec 2014) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 8:28 am

Wonder how many investigated the Bible to find the truth after seeing Noah? Rolling Eyes

Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: Exodus movie (Dec 2014)   Exodus movie  (Dec 2014) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 12:27 pm

Um, none? affraid
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Exodus movie (Dec 2014)   Exodus movie  (Dec 2014) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 3:55 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
Wonder how many investigated the Bible to find the truth after seeing Noah? Rolling Eyes

My guess would be very very few. Sadly movies/media seems to inform most peoples perceptions of reality and doesn't make them question what they have been spoon fed.

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Exodus movie (Dec 2014)   Exodus movie  (Dec 2014) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 10:04 am

topshot rhit wrote:

Considering the fact that the Bible cannot be interpreted with our heads alone, I'm not surprised when non-believers get the stories wrong. What I never expected from Noah was just how bad a movie it was going to be. It was a horrible movie, no matter how you classify it. I expect more from Exodus.

I also don't think we should give up on these types of movies. Christians, in general (myself included) have been claiming we wanted good entertainment that isn't full of the typical Hollywood garbage, for years. When they start making these films, we complain. I would much rather see these than films with excessive foul language and nudity in them. There may have been some stinkers out there, but there are also some good ones, as well.

I'll get off my soap box now.
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: Exodus movie (Dec 2014)   Exodus movie  (Dec 2014) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 5:41 pm

When they stray so far from Biblical narrative, I wish they'd leave it alone. Quoting Mohler: 
"What is missing is the very point of the Exodus in biblical history and theology. What is missing is the truth that God acted in history in faithfulness to the covenant he had made with Abraham, rescuing Israel from captivity in Egypt. In Ridley Scott’s version, God is actually hidden from view, along with his purposes, motivations, and character. In his place we see an 11 year old boy who appears to Moses as a theophany, or divine appearance. God’s presumed words flow from the mouth of a small boy, who appears as something of an unmoved Mover in the film’s narrative.
As for Moses, the depiction offered by actor Christian Bale grounds Moses’ sense of divine call in a severe knock to the head from a rock, followed by what might well be a hallucination, with the 11 year old boy speaking to Moses beside the bush that burned but was not consumed. Completely missing from the portrayal is any explanation that God has chosen Moses as his instrument for bringing Israel out of captivity and that God was acting in faithfulness to the covenant made with Abraham. Moses appears as a tribal chief, a cunning general and killing machine, rooted in what Scott presents as Moses’ experience as a great general during his life as a prince of Egypt. Moses never seems to understand a divine purpose beyond his military exploits, and his relationship with God is troubled, to say the least."
I
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Exodus movie (Dec 2014)   Exodus movie  (Dec 2014) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 10:06 am

I have to admit, that sounds pretty weak.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exodus movie (Dec 2014)   Exodus movie  (Dec 2014) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exodus movie (Dec 2014)
Page 1 of 1