Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favorite Rez Song - Reach of Love

Go down 
+2
alldatndensum
BearDad
6 posters

Heart's Desire
Favorite Rez Song - Reach of Love I_vote_lcap0%Favorite Rez Song - Reach of Love I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
If Your Love Grows Cold
Favorite Rez Song - Reach of Love I_vote_lcap0%Favorite Rez Song - Reach of Love I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Numbers
 0% [ 0 ]
Sunrise
 0% [ 0 ]
Dead to the World
Favorite Rez Song - Reach of Love I_vote_lcap20%Favorite Rez Song - Reach of Love I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Reach of Love
Favorite Rez Song - Reach of Love I_vote_lcap40%Favorite Rez Song - Reach of Love I_vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
Land of Stolen Breath
 0% [ 0 ]
Mannequin's Dream
 0% [ 0 ]
Empty Hearts
 0% [ 0 ]
Thought I'd Never Love Again
Favorite Rez Song - Reach of Love I_vote_lcap20%Favorite Rez Song - Reach of Love I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
White Lies
 0% [ 0 ]
On My Dying Bed
 20% [ 1 ]
Heart's Desire Reprise
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Favorite Rez Song - Reach of Love Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Rez Song - Reach of Love   Favorite Rez Song - Reach of Love I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 7:24 pm

There was definitely a direction shift with this CD. There are still a couple of hard rockers, and it's still good album, but the band did a lot of things different:

1. All the music was written by the bassist, Roy Montroy. The lyrics were written by several people (Roy, Glenn, John Trott, and a couple of non-members), but Glenn's blues influence from the previous two or three albums is all but gone. That's not to say there isn't still a bit of blues influence, such as Land of Stolen Breath and Thought I'd Never Love Again, the latter of which is a pretty good blues tune.
2. There is no cover tune; the album is all original material.
3. There is no story song.

Like Civil Rites, this is one I didn't pay a lot of attention to, and for the same reasons. I was really into the harder music at the time and simply bought the CD to keep up with the. Listening to it again I really like it; I simply don't know how to classify it! Sad  In many ways it is pure Rez, mostly because of Glenn and Wendi's distinctive voices and Stu's better than awesome guitar work. And while it is still most definitely hard rock, I don't think it is necessarily harder than their earlier stuff. However, it is consistent; with the exception of one or two slower songs, the whole CD moves along at a good, comfortable speed.

Tidbit - this is the band's longest studio album to date, with 13 tracks (counting the one minute reprise at the end).

Favorite tune? The bluesy "Thought I'd Never Love Again" wins the day, although it's a tough call as this album is full of good songs.

Last edited by BearDad on Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:03 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Reach of Love   Favorite Rez Song - Reach of Love I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 7:11 am

I didn't even have to think about this one.  As soon as I saw the thread title, I started hearing "On My Dying Bed".  I've always loved that song.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Reach of Love   Favorite Rez Song - Reach of Love I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 8:32 am

I had pretty much become a mosh freak by the time this was released.  But, like BD, I kept up with Rez. I don't listen to this album much, then or now, but my favorite is easily Dead to the World. It's straight up, old school Rez.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Reach of Love   Favorite Rez Song - Reach of Love I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 9:41 am

Title track for me.
I just love the smooth beat and bluesy rock of it, not to mention the lyrics that we all feel at times in this walk.

Last edited by Guilty/Forgiven on Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Reach of Love   Favorite Rez Song - Reach of Love I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 11:12 am

Title track, great slow blues jam.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Reach of Love   Favorite Rez Song - Reach of Love I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 2:50 pm

Another great album full of fantastic songs. I went with "Thought I'd Never Love Again" it's just a fantastic song. But I really like several others from this album as well.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Reach of Love   Favorite Rez Song - Reach of Love I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1