Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favorite Resurrection Band Song - DMZ

Go down 
+5
Redeemed Fool
Staybrite
Xid
silentthunder89
BearDad
9 posters

Military Man
Favorite Resurrection Band Song - DMZ I_vote_lcap78%Favorite Resurrection Band Song - DMZ I_vote_rcap
 78% [ 7 ]
Reluctance
Favorite Resurrection Band Song - DMZ I_vote_lcap0%Favorite Resurrection Band Song - DMZ I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Babylon
Favorite Resurrection Band Song - DMZ I_vote_lcap0%Favorite Resurrection Band Song - DMZ I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I Need Your Love
 0% [ 0 ]
Area 312
 0% [ 0 ]
No Alibi
Favorite Resurrection Band Song - DMZ I_vote_lcap22%Favorite Resurrection Band Song - DMZ I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
White Noise
 0% [ 0 ]
Lonely Hearts
 0% [ 0 ]
The Prisoner
 0% [ 0 ]
So In Love With You
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Favorite Resurrection Band Song - DMZ Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - DMZ   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - DMZ I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 8:30 pm

Yippee, it's time for another Rez Band poll, and this time I'm not late. Smile  Of course, I was a bit afraid if I didn't get it done by Sunday evening I'd get lynched!

DMZ is Resurrection Band's fifth studio album, and I think it is safe to say it is probably their most popular one. While the band established themselves early as a very talented rock band, and while the previous two records showed they were a very talented hard rock band, this album firmly planted them in the "we can rock as hard as our secular counterparts any day" camp. Stu Heiss' flawless fretting on songs like White Noise, Wendy's hard-driving vocals on Area 312 and Reluctance (Amy Grant she ain't! Smile ), and Glenn's powerful voice on rockers like Military Man, along with his soulful side on cuts like No Alibi and Lonely Hearts, make this a no-skip record no matter how many times you listen to it!

And once again, Rez skillfully discussed social topics (White Noise, Area 312) as well as spiritual issues (I Need Your Love and No Alibi). I don't know if I have ever listened to a band that could speak to me on so many levels, all within the confines of a ten track record!

For my fave I'm going to have to go No Alibi. It's really a tough call, as I love every song here, and Military Man's hard rocking guitar work kept me interested in Christian rock when I was young and getting into secular contemporaries like KISS and VH. However, while some folks care more about the music than the words, I tend to focus more on what is being said, and the lyrical message in No Alibi has really hit home for me on more than one occasion. Of course, this song's no "power ballad" either, with guitar work reminiscent of some things I've heard Eddie No-last-name-necessary do as well.

"No excuse, no reply, no alibi, no defence, no reasons why, no alibi"

Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - DMZ   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - DMZ I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 8:38 pm

I always enjoyed the riff from Military Man, so I'll say that. But if I could choose any of their songs, I'd choose Love Comes Down (mostly because of the music video lol)
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - DMZ   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - DMZ I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 8:41 pm

Never mind, I just saw that it said DMZ only. I should probably learn to read!  lol!
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - DMZ   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - DMZ I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 8:49 pm

Military Man is my fav.  Love the riff.  DMZ is my introduction to real Christian Rock and grabbed my attention.  I just picked this one up on CD a couple of months ago as I wanted to hear it again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - DMZ   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - DMZ I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 8:51 pm

There are so many great songs on this album and I can certainly see why people list it as their favorite (I would probably place it in my top 3 or 4).  I think this was the second or third album I got from the band (didn't start collecting their stuff until 2005).  I could have easily picked No Alibi or Area 312 as a favorite but I went with the hard driving Military Man, just a fantastic song that sticks in my head for days after listening to the album.

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - DMZ   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - DMZ I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 10:30 pm

No Alibi. Love this album and there are no duds like others have said but that song stands out, with the almost subdued vocals and the killer solos.
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - DMZ   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - DMZ I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 8:24 am

Man is my favorite from the album. DMZ was my second Rez album and it did not disappoint. 

I really like these Rez threads. In the 30+ years I've been listening to them, I've never had a friend who appreciated them. I just couldn't get why they didn't get it. I read an article once that said it best when they referred to Rez as the Led Zeppelin of Christian music. They paved a road that has since been travelled by hundreds, if not thousands, of bands worldwide. It's nice to be able to talk about them with people who "get it".
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - DMZ   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - DMZ I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 8:46 am

Easy - Military Man.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - DMZ   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - DMZ I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 6:30 pm

Military Man is the only song I know from this album, and it is a fantastic song.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - DMZ   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - DMZ I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 9:50 pm

Military Man is one of the greatest hard/rock metal songs of all time.... PERIOD....

Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - DMZ   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - DMZ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1