Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Awaiting Your Reply

Go down 
5 posters

Waves
Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Awaiting Your Reply I_vote_lcap40%Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Awaiting Your Reply I_vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
Awaiting Your Reply
Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Awaiting Your Reply I_vote_lcap20%Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Awaiting Your Reply I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Broken Promises
Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Awaiting Your Reply I_vote_lcap40%Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Awaiting Your Reply I_vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
Golden Road
Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Awaiting Your Reply I_vote_lcap0%Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Awaiting Your Reply I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Light Shine
Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Awaiting Your Reply I_vote_lcap0%Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Awaiting Your Reply I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Ananias and Sapphira
 0% [ 0 ]
Death of the Dying
 0% [ 0 ]
Irish Garden
 0% [ 0 ]
The REturn
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Awaiting Your Reply Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Awaiting Your Reply   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Awaiting Your Reply I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 11:03 pm

What better day to start the poll for Resurrection Band's first album then Resurrection Sunday! Awaiting Your Reply wasn't my first exposure to the band, but when I bought this vinyl back in the early eighties and first played it I was blown away. Talk about an experience! This band really crashed into the Christian rock scene in 1978 with the fittingly named first song "Waves". I love the intro, too, with a radio DJ saying "Resurrection Band?? How'd this get in the stacks?? Well, here's hoping!" Classic!

With strong lead guitar work by Stu Heiss and the exceptional vocal work by Glenn and Wendi, and even Jim Denton for one song ("Ananias and Sapphira"), this album is chock full of so many styles it's hard to call it hard rock. I could sit and listen to the album all day long! If you've not heard it I recommend jumping over to Youtube and giving it a listen. It's OOP now, and I don't believe it was ever re-released on CD, although five of the songs are on the Music to Raise the Dead compilation set released in 2008 (not to be confused with the demo tape of the same name that was made in 1973).  However, I've seen both the vinyl and tape on eBay, and for very reasonable prices. I strongly recommend getting it; it's like buying gold for pennies!

It's hard to pick a favorite tune, as all of them are so great. However, as this is a "pick one" poll, I'll have to go with the soulful "Broken Promises," with its bluesy rhythm, its ahead-of-its-time keyboard work, and STUpendous (pun intended) guitar work, especially the very 70's style solo towards the end, not to mention the powerful message of redemption in the lyrics. Clocking in at just under seven minutes long, this song was as progressive as anything put out by contemporary bands of the time period. I dare you to not tap your foot when the first time change comes at about the 1:40 mark.

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Awaiting Your Reply   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Awaiting Your Reply I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 12:07 am

I haven't heard the whole album but Waves jams!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Awaiting Your Reply   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Awaiting Your Reply I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 10:25 am

I heard this one after i'd heard Mommy and DMZ so I wasn't as impressed. Waves is a killer tune so went with that.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Awaiting Your Reply   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Awaiting Your Reply I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 8:32 am

I gotta agree that Waves jams and I love the corny intro, but "Broken Promises" is my hands-down choice.  It is the core of what Resurrection Band/Rez Band/Rez is too me.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23434
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Awaiting Your Reply   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Awaiting Your Reply I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 10:44 am

This wasn't my first exposure to the band either. When I first heard this album I almost didn't like it. Repeated listens have endeared it to me. While I like nearly every song on the album I would say the title track "Awaiting Your Reply" is my favorite. It has a great psychedelic kind of groove and driving rhythm with some fantastic guitar work throughout.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Awaiting Your Reply   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Awaiting Your Reply I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 3:20 pm

When are we going to do Rainbow's End?

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Awaiting Your Reply   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Awaiting Your Reply I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 3:50 pm

Yeah, quit working and your personal life and focus on us.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Awaiting Your Reply   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Awaiting Your Reply I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 4:00 pm

I was out of town all weekend and didn't get home until late last night. I realized this morning that I didn't get it done, so I'll do it this evening. I'd do it now, but as RF said I'm working.! Smile  And I'll tell you what, days like today are why they call Mondays Monday. If I was a drinking man I'd be planning tonight's binge for sure!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Awaiting Your Reply   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Awaiting Your Reply I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 4:23 pm

Redeemed Fool wrote:

lol! 

BearDad wrote:
was out of town all weekend and didn't get home until late last night. I realized this morning that I didn't get it done, so I'll do it this evening. I'd do it now, but as RF said I'm working.! Smile And I'll tell you what, days like today are why they call Mondays Monday. If I was a drinking man I'd be planning tonight's binge for sure!

Now you know how I feel when people clamor for me to post another "Stupid Kwestion" thread!  Laughing 

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Awaiting Your Reply   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Awaiting Your Reply I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 4:27 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Redeemed Fool wrote:

lol! 

BearDad wrote:
was out of town all weekend and didn't get home until late last night. I realized this morning that I didn't get it done, so I'll do it this evening. I'd do it now, but as RF said I'm working.! Smile  And I'll tell you what, days like today are why they call Mondays Monday. If I was a drinking man I'd be planning tonight's binge for sure!

Now you know how I feel when people clamor for me to post another "Stupid Kwestion" thread!  Laughing 

What is up with your quote? It replaced my smiley with the word smile!  scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Awaiting Your Reply   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Awaiting Your Reply I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1