Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Glenn Kaiser solo

Go down 
+3
BearDad
Staybrite
ishmael81
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Glenn Kaiser solo Empty
PostSubject: Glenn Kaiser solo   Glenn Kaiser solo I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 2:44 pm

So I love Glenn's solo blues stuff as well as his stuff with GKB, maybe more than Resurrection Band's stuff.

What does everyone think of his solo worship albums? I know of 3 - All My Days, Throw Down Your Crowns and No Greater Love - but I've never heard them.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23421
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Glenn Kaiser solo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glenn Kaiser solo   Glenn Kaiser solo I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 4:39 pm

I've never heard them either. And I dig his work with Rez, but I'm not a huge fan of straight up blues so I'm not nearly as excited with is solo stuff.

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Glenn Kaiser solo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glenn Kaiser solo   Glenn Kaiser solo I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 5:32 pm

All My Days is probably my favorite worship/praise CD by anyone. You might like that one, SB, if you like old-style praise, e.g. Maranatha Music CDs. There is not a single song on the CD that I would consider blues.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Glenn Kaiser solo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glenn Kaiser solo   Glenn Kaiser solo I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 7:42 am

I only have listened to Glenn's solo stuff.
Not to his solo worship albums.
Are there other songs on it than the traditional praise songs you can find on many other praise albums?
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Glenn Kaiser solo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glenn Kaiser solo   Glenn Kaiser solo I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 8:12 am

I don't know about finding the songs on other praise albums, as I don't listen to a lot of those. Some of Glenn's songs sound familiar, so it wouldn't surprise me if others have done them. Here's the track list:

01 - All My Days
02 - You Are the Source
03 - Tapestry
04 - Ever Closer
05 - Surrender
06 - In the Ocean of His Love
07 - Most of All
08 - Lord of All
09 - Behold the Lamb of God
10 - Reveal Yourself To Me
11 - Blessed Are the People
12 - Like a Little Child
13 - Wedding Prayer
14 - Here We Are Gathered
15 - For Thee I Wait

All of these songs are traditional praise songs.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23421
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Glenn Kaiser solo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glenn Kaiser solo   Glenn Kaiser solo I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 10:03 am

Wow that video, I never would have guessed that was Glenn.  Shocked 

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Glenn Kaiser solo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glenn Kaiser solo   Glenn Kaiser solo I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 11:57 am

That's what I'm saying. I don't mind mellow stuff - love Jars of Clay, All Sons and Daughters, Johnny Cash, lots of mellow stuff. This was just unusual for me...
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Glenn Kaiser solo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glenn Kaiser solo   Glenn Kaiser solo I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 4:44 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Wow that video, I never would have guessed that was Glenn.  Shocked 

The whole CD is like that.  Here are a few more:

Even if you are not into "praise and worship" music, I strongly recommend this one. It is great for those "life sucks and I really need to reconnect with the Lord" moments, if you know what I mean.  Or am I the only one that experiences those moments/days/weeks?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23467
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Glenn Kaiser solo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glenn Kaiser solo   Glenn Kaiser solo I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 12:26 pm

I haven't really enjoyed his acoustic worship stuff.  Give me his straight up rocked out blues stuff any day!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Glenn Kaiser solo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glenn Kaiser solo   Glenn Kaiser solo I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 2:36 pm

I agree with this.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Glenn Kaiser solo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glenn Kaiser solo   Glenn Kaiser solo I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 3:56 pm

This thread reminded me that I have GK's Spontaneous Combustion.  So I dug out my old cassette and popped it in.  Good stuff!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23467
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Glenn Kaiser solo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glenn Kaiser solo   Glenn Kaiser solo I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 7:22 am

While I don't care for most of his acoustic stuff, I may get his newest one called "Cardboard Box".  It is recorded with him playing a couple of his handmade cigar box guitars.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
oteis

oteis

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2013-08-20

Glenn Kaiser solo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glenn Kaiser solo   Glenn Kaiser solo I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 2:22 pm

I really like his worship stuff as well. I remember when Throw Down Your Crowns was released. I played that album lots of times. Unfortunately All My Days was already sold out when Throw Down was released. So i never got that one. Still need to pick up the re-issue. Somehow No Greater Love did not really connect with me.
Back to top Go down
https://ccmfocus.wordpress.com
Sponsored content

Glenn Kaiser solo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glenn Kaiser solo   Glenn Kaiser solo I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Glenn Kaiser solo
Page 1 of 1