Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Brave - Rise - UPDATE!

Go down 
+5
rockerVu2
Guilty/Forgiven
alldatndensum
Redeemed Fool
Follower of Jesus
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

The Brave - Rise - UPDATE! Empty
PostSubject: The Brave - Rise - UPDATE!   The Brave - Rise - UPDATE! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2014 4:16 pm

From their FB page:

"RISE UPDATE--ok gang, here we come! August 19th, RISE will be available worldwide in digital download format, and CD format! We will also be accepting Pre-Orders through Paypal shortly--stay tuned!"

Woo-Hoo!!! cheers 
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: The Brave - Rise - UPDATE!   The Brave - Rise - UPDATE! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2014 4:31 pm

Here's hoping.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: The Brave - Rise - UPDATE!   The Brave - Rise - UPDATE! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 7:24 am

Have they ever given us a track list?  I know they are redoing a few of their songs, but I just wondered what the new songs are called.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

PostSubject: Re: The Brave - Rise - UPDATE!   The Brave - Rise - UPDATE! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 10:30 am

Tracklist for "Rise":

1. Tell Me Now*
2. I'm Your Reason*
3. If That Ain't Love
4. Running All My Life
5. Dirty Water
6. All Together Now
7. The Killing Floor*
8. Wither Me*
9. When You're Alone
10. Trust
11. Don't*
12. Somebody*

*New songs
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: The Brave - Rise - UPDATE!   The Brave - Rise - UPDATE! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 7:11 am

I am looking forward to this and hearing these old songs updated with their new singer.  Have they ever announced who that is?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: The Brave - Rise - UPDATE!   The Brave - Rise - UPDATE! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 10:38 pm

Pre-ordered mine. Looking forward to that Brave sound. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: The Brave - Rise - UPDATE!   The Brave - Rise - UPDATE! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 7:40 am

This is interesting.
I love to listen to some songs before I order this CD.
Back to top Go down
ze_mau

ze_mau

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2014-07-17

PostSubject: Re: The Brave - Rise - UPDATE!   The Brave - Rise - UPDATE! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 2:53 pm

The Brave ? first album is as glam / poppy / hair "metal" as it could be , but the second one is actually great stuff. I really dig Trust a good "heavy rock" album.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: The Brave - Rise - UPDATE!   The Brave - Rise - UPDATE! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 8:02 am

Now that I have some money in my PayPal account, I need to order this.  See it pays to sell off discs you hate (aka Guardian) to get something you might actually play.  It's win-win for me!

Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: The Brave - Rise - UPDATE!   The Brave - Rise - UPDATE! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 9:47 pm

Sounds like the band is now a female fronted band based upon the samples they posted. Not sure if it's a known female rock singer or not.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: The Brave - Rise - UPDATE!   The Brave - Rise - UPDATE! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 6:28 am

After I get to hear it, I'll let you know what I think.  The CD is coming in two weeks, but I am getting the download that goes with it right now.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: The Brave - Rise - UPDATE!   The Brave - Rise - UPDATE! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 9:00 am

Seems some peeps are disappointed with their lack of revealing the singer was gonna be a female. I can see if you were looking for a 3rd album by the Brave in hopes of the same sound, but realistically it's been a LONG time since those first 2 albums and since then one of the lead male vox passed away.

I'm personally excited to get mine and hear something similar but with a twist - and I don't mind a female singer at all... long as she can rock !
Will be downloading mine today  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: The Brave - Rise - UPDATE!   The Brave - Rise - UPDATE! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 3:03 pm

I just listened to the samples and I really dig it, but I am big fan of female fronted rock/metal.  So not too surprising.

I certainly can see why some would be disappointed though.  I'm not sure what the reason for keeping the singer under wraps was.  I was expecting it was someone relatively noteworthy in the Christian music industry (Like Larry from Fear Not) but I don't think I have ever heard of this Amanda Z person.

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: The Brave - Rise - UPDATE!   The Brave - Rise - UPDATE! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 4:05 pm

I'm a bit disappointed now The Brave has a female vocalist for the new album.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: The Brave - Rise - UPDATE!   The Brave - Rise - UPDATE! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 8:34 am

I actaully like this.  It reminds me a bit of the band Gretchen.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: The Brave - Rise - UPDATE!   The Brave - Rise - UPDATE! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 4:05 pm

Her voice really fits both the new songs and the old ones that they've redone.  Personally, I like her!  Seeing that The Brave have never had a steady singer on any album, this is not something that I think will hurt them.  Give her a chance, folks!

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: The Brave - Rise - UPDATE!   The Brave - Rise - UPDATE! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 7:50 pm

Lovin' it !! Not sorry I took the gamble... just can't wait to get my actual CD in the mail.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: The Brave - Rise - UPDATE!   The Brave - Rise - UPDATE! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 6:15 am

Ditto!  After the first listen, I am loving the new singer!

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: The Brave - Rise - UPDATE!   The Brave - Rise - UPDATE! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 7:37 am

I'll give her a chance.
But what if you are not really a fan of female fronted rock bands?
I like the old Brave more.
It's fair to listen to the new songs first.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: The Brave - Rise - UPDATE!   The Brave - Rise - UPDATE! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 10:45 am

If you don't like female fronted rock, you probably won't care for this either.

Follower of Jesus

PostSubject: Re: The Brave - Rise - UPDATE!   The Brave - Rise - UPDATE! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 7:52 am

I'm disappointed. Count me among those who would not have pre-ordered had the band been upfront about a female singer. I would have still been interested, but I would have waited to hear how it sounded. I feel disappointed with the band that they were not upfront about this.

As for the album itself...again, I'm disappointed. The production is thin. When you have big powerful production on past albums, it sets a standard; and sadly, to me, this album didn't live up to that.

I think Amanda is a decent singer. The songs are capably performed. Of the new songs, the only one I like really like is "Tell Me Now". The others are just kinda there. As for the remakes - the only one that comes close to the greatness of the originals is "Running All My Life". Amanda's voice is better suited to the mood of that song than James' voice was. But other than this, I prefer the original versions over the remakes and it's not even close.

It's good the band reformed. I could have done without the remakes. An entire album of new songs, and produced by someone that can draw out the band a bit more and beef up the overall feel, would be terrific. I've no doubt that the band can do it. But when I want The Brave, I'll still pull out Battle Cries.

It's very hard to criticize an effort like this. I know the band probably put their heart and soul into this record, and as fellow believers, I want to encourage them to keep going and getting better. But I also don't want to be dishonest in my feelings about this record.

Lastly, and not related to this album particularly, once again, I'm burned on a pre-order. This will be the LAST time I do this.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: The Brave - Rise - UPDATE!   The Brave - Rise - UPDATE! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 7:45 am

Maybe they should have said something about a female singer.  They may have withheld that simply to keep folks interested.  Or, perhaps they thought that sharing that would turn off some of their old fans.  Who knows? 

They were up front about the re-records.  I can't blame them for doing these as some people would have been pitching a royal hissie fit if Amanda Z sang these in concert.  This way, you can hear how she would have sounded had she always been with the band.

Of course, some people will fuss until James Salters comes back as the singer.  Since they have not had a defined singer on any album.  Amanda works for me.

I will agree, though, that the sound is a bit thin compared to either album.  Of course, my favorite is still "Trust" as it is a bit less Elefante over-polished and more bluesy.  The first album had the keys on every song by Dino's request and the band doesn't even have a keyboard player!  These redone versions did fix that.  I think that the guitars need to be bit louder in the mix and that either Cliffy or Pastor Brad needed to do the mastering.  They are both quite good at it, and Brad being the better choice financially if you are on a tight budget.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Brave - Rise - UPDATE!   The Brave - Rise - UPDATE! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Brave - Rise - UPDATE!
Page 1 of 1