Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Papa Roach frontman accepts Christ!!

Go down 
+5
xenonlion
Staybrite
Xid
els6789
silentthunder89
9 posters
AuthorMessage
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Papa Roach frontman accepts Christ!! Empty
PostSubject: Papa Roach frontman accepts Christ!!   Papa Roach frontman accepts Christ!! I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 12:44 am

I don't know if any of you have heard this or not, but this past Easter Jacoby Shaddix (frontman of Grammy award winning Papa Roach) shared his testimony of how he came to accept Christ at a church in San Diego. I love hearing when big names in the secular music world accept Christ and use the stage they're already on to reach out. He has a very powerful testimony, and in the second video I'm posting below he sings a worship song by Dustin Kensrue (Thrice). You can really tell by the way he freely worships that he is sincere and that he has a lot of newfound passion for Christ!!

(Fast Forward to 4:00 is where he really starts to let loose and freely worship)
Back to top Go down
els6789

els6789

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2014-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Papa Roach frontman accepts Christ!!   Papa Roach frontman accepts Christ!! I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 6:42 am

I hope he decides to start making Christian music.  Maybe he and Head could even do a tour together where they play some tunes and give their testimonies.
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: Papa Roach frontman accepts Christ!!   Papa Roach frontman accepts Christ!! I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 7:38 am

I hope for the same thing! If he fully commits to The Lord, his influence could be immeasurable!!
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5518
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Papa Roach frontman accepts Christ!!   Papa Roach frontman accepts Christ!! I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 7:58 am

Very cool!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23443
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Papa Roach frontman accepts Christ!!   Papa Roach frontman accepts Christ!! I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 2:39 pm

I saw it when someone posted it on the CHM facebook page.

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Papa Roach frontman accepts Christ!!   Papa Roach frontman accepts Christ!! I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 3:21 pm

Sweet!  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Papa Roach frontman accepts Christ!!   Papa Roach frontman accepts Christ!! I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 5:12 pm

i"m excited but no more so then when anybody repents and follows Jesus.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9959
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Papa Roach frontman accepts Christ!!   Papa Roach frontman accepts Christ!! I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 8:15 pm

Wonder if he's ever heard the parody of his song done by ApologetiX  Smile 

He would probably enjoy and appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: Papa Roach frontman accepts Christ!!   Papa Roach frontman accepts Christ!! I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 8:32 pm

That's one of my favorite Apologetix parodies next to their parody of Linkin Park's In the End!
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Papa Roach frontman accepts Christ!!   Papa Roach frontman accepts Christ!! I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 3:47 pm

I love it when secular musicians choose to follow Jesus.
Who knows we can expect Christian music from him.
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Papa Roach frontman accepts Christ!!   Papa Roach frontman accepts Christ!! I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 9:55 pm

Yeah, I heard about this awhile back, pretty awesome. I do know that John Cooper from Skillet has mentioned before that Jacoby and him were pretty good friends from all their touring together. Who knows maybe John had an influence as well.

I would venture to guess that P-Roach won't end however. I'm guessing he will stay with the group, but maybe clean up the lyrics a little bit.
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: Papa Roach frontman accepts Christ!!   Papa Roach frontman accepts Christ!! I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 10:47 pm

ChosenOne wrote:
Yeah, I heard about this awhile back, pretty awesome. I do know that John Cooper from Skillet has mentioned before that Jacoby and him were pretty good friends from all their touring together. Who knows maybe John had an influence as well.

I would venture to guess that P-Roach won't end however. I'm guessing he will stay with the group, but maybe clean up the lyrics a little bit.

That would be nice. I'm also hoping he ends up joining up with Mars Hill Records and putting out a solo record a la Dustin Kensrue (Thrice)!
Back to top Go down
els6789

els6789

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2014-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Papa Roach frontman accepts Christ!!   Papa Roach frontman accepts Christ!! I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 12:15 pm

silentthunder89 wrote:
ChosenOne wrote:

That would be nice. I'm also hoping he ends up joining up with Mars Hill Records and putting out a solo record a la Dustin Kensrue (Thrice)!
I just hope it wouldn't be a worship record like Dustin's was.  Keep the rock!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Papa Roach frontman accepts Christ!!   Papa Roach frontman accepts Christ!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Papa Roach frontman accepts Christ!!
Page 1 of 1