Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ...

Go down 
+6
metaldude
Staybrite
kerrick
Through The Dark Radio
Redeemed Fool
BearDad
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy Anymore
Stark/Spare
Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Elevator Musik
Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... - Page 2 I_vote_lcap14%Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Alienated
Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... - Page 2 I_vote_lcap14%Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Can't Get You Outta My Mind
Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
The Chair
Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... - Page 2 I_vote_lcap43%Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 43% [ 3 ]
Can't Do It On My Own
 14% [ 1 ]
First Degree Apathy
 14% [ 1 ]
Mommy Don't Love Daddy Anymore
 0% [ 0 ]
The Crossing
 0% [ 0 ]
Little Children
 0% [ 0 ]
Lovin' You
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23449
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ...   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 2:37 pm

BearDad wrote:
Hmm... 

Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... - Page 2 Contemplative

I think perhaps I'll skip next week's poll. 

What a Face

Not cool!  Evil or Very Mad

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ...   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 3:15 pm

I'm curious, who was the Rez Band bassist, and what kind of bass did he(?) use? I love the bass growling; it reminds me of a Rickenbacker.

I decided to go listen to The Chair on YouTube. The solo sounds a bit like Here I Am from Daniel Band.
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ...   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 3:27 pm

His name is Jim Denton and he played a fretless. Not sure what the make is.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23477
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ...   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 7:28 am

I went with The Chair.  I had not listened to this album in some time and gave it a listen yesterday.  While there are some definite "metal" moments on this album, this rocker just really pulled me in with the story of a man who was disabled and how helpless and worthless he was.  Working with special needs kids at school, it makes me wonder how many of these kids feel this way especially when so many people won't acknowledge them much less take a part in their lives.  Sure, many folks have someone "special" in their extended families.  But, how many of these kids go unnoticed outside of their family or their classroom?  How worthless would that make us feel if it were us even if we have no disabilities?  Anyway, that song stirred up a lot of emotion for me and really got me thinking.  So, with the message and the music of this song, it rose to my favorite.  Next time I listen to the album, though, that thought process would probably change.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ...   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 8:21 am

The Chair has an intesity that doesn't wane with time. I still get chills when I hear it.

Also, I can relate to the special needs children.  We have a hearing impaired daughter who has to work twice as hard to accomplish the same things as others. But she does it without complaint. It was very gratifying to see her named student of the week twice in the same year. We also volunteer with a group of autistic Boy Scouts. It's sad to see the way some people look, and react, to them. They're great kids and most people will never know it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ...   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2