Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anyone like Wovenhand?

Go down 
+2
kerrick
Redeemed Fool
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

Anyone like Wovenhand? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone like Wovenhand?   Anyone like Wovenhand? I_icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 9:28 pm

I downloaded the new album, Refractory Obdurate, (isn't that basically saying stubborn twice?) and it's more "metal" then their normal stuff.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Wovenhand?   Anyone like Wovenhand? I_icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 11:04 pm

Dude I was just cranking that on my drive home this evening!  I LOVE Wovenhand.  I have all their albums and they are all spectacular.  I was very fortunate to get to see them live and they are amazing.  I'm also a huge 16 Horsepower fan too!
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Wovenhand?   Anyone like Wovenhand? I_icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 11:46 pm

You're ahead of me, I have three Wovenhand and two 16 H albums. Makes me wonder, so many groups say they don't use Jesus or clear biblical imagery so they can reach a wider audience but this guy was tapped to open for Tool and Marduk likes him.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Wovenhand?   Anyone like Wovenhand? I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 11:11 am

Which albums do you have?

Wovenhand is one of the only bands I'm aware of who VERY openly praises God in their lyrics, yet their fans range from hipsters to black-metallers.  When I saw them live, there were folks with skinny-jeans and thick-rimmed-glasses as well as dudes with inverted-cross black metal emblems on their jackets.  And they were all just rocking out to Wovenhand together.  It was pretty beautiful if I do say so myself.   Cool
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Wovenhand?   Anyone like Wovenhand? I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 1:48 pm

I have:
16 Horsepower- Low Estate and Secret South

WH-Refractory Obdurate, Consider the Birds and Threshingfloor.

I know he's tapped into a style musically but I think that he's so sincere is part of the attraction. Dude is pretty much and old testament prophet lyrically.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Wovenhand?   Anyone like Wovenhand? I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 1:58 pm

For sure.  I love the lyrics.  Not sure how you feel about four-letter words, but 16 Horsepower's first album has some FYI.  I HIGHLY recommend their final studio album Folklore and their Live March 2001 double-album.

As for Wovenhand, if you dig the style of Refractory, definitely check out the previous album The Laughing Stalk.  Mosaic is one of my favorite albums of theirs too and I highly recommend that one as well.  They're all fabulous though!
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Wovenhand?   Anyone like Wovenhand? I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 2:24 pm

Laughing Stalk is definitely on the list.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Wovenhand?   Anyone like Wovenhand? I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 2:29 pm

Good man!  I had to order the CD from Europe because only the vinyl/CD combo was available here in the US (and I don't have a vinyl player).  Or you can go the digital download route...
Back to top Go down
ProgPariah77

ProgPariah77

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2010-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Wovenhand?   Anyone like Wovenhand? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 1:04 pm

Love Wovenhand; I did not know they had a new album out - purchasing NOW!
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Wovenhand?   Anyone like Wovenhand? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 3:53 pm

Welcome back to CHM ProgPariah.
It'sgood to see you again on CHM.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Wovenhand?   Anyone like Wovenhand? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 3:32 pm

I've never heard of them.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
oteis

oteis

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2013-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Wovenhand?   Anyone like Wovenhand? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 3:55 pm

Great stuff! I have most of the 16 HP albums. I need to do some catching up with the Wovenhand albums. I saw them live a few years ago. Great stuff i missed them this year unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
https://ccmfocus.wordpress.com
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Wovenhand?   Anyone like Wovenhand? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 4:30 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I've never heard of them.

Well get on that son!  Razz  Seriously some of the best music out there.  I'd recommend starting with Consider The Birds or Mosaic though all their albums are good.  Their newer stuff is a fair bit different than their older - much more hard-rockin'.  So you may want to check out The Laughing Stalk if that's more your thing.

This is the song that hooked me:

Here are some other good'uns:

oteis wrote:
Great stuff! I have most of the 16 HP albums. I need to do some catching up with the Wovenhand albums. I saw them live a few years ago. Great stuff i missed them this year unfortunately.

Which Wovenhand albums do you still need?  They are all just great IMO.  They do indeed put on a spectacular live show too!  I saw them when they were on their tour supporting their The Laughing Stalk album a year or so ago.  They were absolutely fantastic.  Don't think they came near me this last go-round though.  Sad

I have 16 HP's four full-lengths + Live March 2001 - all also fantastic albums.  I'm pretty certain DEE can do no wrong!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Wovenhand?   Anyone like Wovenhand? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone like Wovenhand?
Page 1 of 1