Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Maybe I'm Just Woefully Behind But....

Go down 
+8
Fundy
kerrick
alldatndensum
Driven
Redeemed Fool
rockerVu2
Guilty/Forgiven
Staybrite
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23449
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Maybe I'm Just Woefully Behind But.... Empty
PostSubject: Maybe I'm Just Woefully Behind But....   Maybe I'm Just Woefully Behind But.... I_icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 2:26 pm

I only have two releases from Christian bands/artists for 2014 (Letter 7 & Taker). I mean we are already 1/3 of the way through the year and I just haven't seen that much being released yet.

What is out that you guys have picked up this year?

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9959
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I'm Just Woefully Behind But....   Maybe I'm Just Woefully Behind But.... I_icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 2:55 pm

I just bought GX Project's new one, but that hasn't arrived yet.

I also got Demon Hunter's Extremist... but that's not this board's musical style exactly
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I'm Just Woefully Behind But....   Maybe I'm Just Woefully Behind But.... I_icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 3:02 pm

I've bought Letter 7, Taker, an older Barren Cross and ordered the new GX Project.

Last edited by rockerVu2 on Fri May 02, 2014 7:36 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I'm Just Woefully Behind But....   Maybe I'm Just Woefully Behind But.... I_icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 3:03 pm

I will be getting the GX Project album......but yeah gonna pass on the Demon Hunter (but I think there are a few here who like them).

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I'm Just Woefully Behind But....   Maybe I'm Just Woefully Behind But.... I_icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 3:49 pm

Sinbreed, Needtobreathe and Letter 7 are all in the christian genre for me. Skyliner might sneak in, and then I have the new Johnny Cash which was a lost album and the new Silent Force.
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I'm Just Woefully Behind But....   Maybe I'm Just Woefully Behind But.... I_icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 3:53 pm

You are woefully behind either way.  cheers
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I'm Just Woefully Behind But....   Maybe I'm Just Woefully Behind But.... I_icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 3:56 pm

I need to order that GX CD. It's been slipping my mind.

Otherwise, I don't think there's much that has been released so far. I decided to skip the Taker, given that it's mostly a bunch of demos (I never listen to the Crossforce CD that has a similar format).

On the other hand, when Barnabas's albums come out… Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9959
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I'm Just Woefully Behind But....   Maybe I'm Just Woefully Behind But.... I_icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 4:00 pm

Johnny Cash is such a bad dude that he doesn't let something minor like death get in his way of releasing a new album.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I'm Just Woefully Behind But....   Maybe I'm Just Woefully Behind But.... I_icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 4:11 pm

Redeemed Fool wrote:
You are woefully behind either way.  cheers

Alrighty then.  Laughing 

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23477
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I'm Just Woefully Behind But....   Maybe I'm Just Woefully Behind But.... I_icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 5:41 pm

I have the Letter 7.  I don't know about much else that I have bought this year that is hard rock/metal.  I will be picking up the new Michael Sweet album this month as well as the new Seventh Day Slumber disc.  I have GX Project ordered and supported the successful Kickstarter campaign for Sardis.  So, it has been a slow start this year, but I think it is going to pick up.

Oh, I did finally receive the new Guardian CD today.

I had bought the Taker anthology but thought the sound quality was so low that I have already sold it.  Blech!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I'm Just Woefully Behind But....   Maybe I'm Just Woefully Behind But.... I_icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 8:03 pm

Johnny Cash is such a bad dude that he doesn't let something minor like death get in his way of releasing a new album.

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I'm Just Woefully Behind But....   Maybe I'm Just Woefully Behind But.... I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 7:38 am

Looking forward to the new and last X-Sinner.
I hate to see those guys go.
Maybe the new Harmony in fall will be cool.

Gary, you are not woefully behind, there's only not much to buy right now.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I'm Just Woefully Behind But....   Maybe I'm Just Woefully Behind But.... I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 10:13 am

rockerVu2 wrote:

Gary, you are not woefully behind, there's only not much to buy right now.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I'm Just Woefully Behind But....   Maybe I'm Just Woefully Behind But.... I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 10:18 am

alldatndensum wrote:
I have the Letter 7.  I don't know about much else that I have bought this year that is hard rock/metal.  I will be picking up the new Michael Sweet album this month as well as the new Seventh Day Slumber disc.  I have GX Project ordered and supported the successful Kickstarter campaign for Sardis.  So, it has been a slow start this year, but I think it is going to pick up.

Oh, I did finally receive the new Guardian CD today.

I wasn't able to order the new GX Project or help with the Sardis kickstarter because my funds have been down to nothing for the last month and a half....but I will eventually get both of them (along with the Michael Sweet solo disc).
I'm a little leery of the new Seventh Day Slumber album as I wasn't that impressed with their last "worship" project album. I'll need to hear a few of the tracks before I jump on board. I will need to hear most (if not all) of the Guardian before buying it (assuming they ever release it to the non-kickstarter public)

According to Angelic Warlord there are still supposed to be several promising looking releases due out this year (including new Razorigami!).

http://www.angelicwarlord.com/release%20dates/releasedates.html

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I'm Just Woefully Behind But....   Maybe I'm Just Woefully Behind But.... I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 10:41 am

Sardis is coming out with their album soon!  That's gonna be a good one for sure!  There's a fair bit in the extreme metal scene coming out, but I'm not aware of too much in the heavy/traditional/thrash/power metal scene...
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5334
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I'm Just Woefully Behind But....   Maybe I'm Just Woefully Behind But.... I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 1:19 pm

I haven't bought anything since October, so I'm very far behind where I should be, but nothing has really got my attention enough for me to part with my cash.  Of the ones I'm looking forward to, it's X-Sinner, Worldview, Razorigami, Scandinavnian Metal Praise and Virginia Creeper.  Also I'm having trouble deciding whether to get Skillet's new one or not.  I find their music incredibly catchy, but the lyrics are a bit too vague for me to say 'YES' straight away.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I'm Just Woefully Behind But....   Maybe I'm Just Woefully Behind But.... I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 1:47 pm

I forgot about the new SMP coming out, I didn't even know Skillet was working on a new album.

Fundy

Number of posts : 5334
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I'm Just Woefully Behind But....   Maybe I'm Just Woefully Behind But.... I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 2:57 pm

Just to prove how 'out of date' I am, when referring to Skillet's new one I'm talking about RISE.  See, I'm already a year out of date!

Shocked

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I'm Just Woefully Behind But....   Maybe I'm Just Woefully Behind But.... I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 3:09 pm

Fundy wrote:
Just to prove how 'out of date' I am, when referring to Skillet's new one I'm talking about RISE.  See, I'm already a year out of date!

Shocked

Ok, now I don't feel so bad.  Laughing 

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23477
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I'm Just Woefully Behind But....   Maybe I'm Just Woefully Behind But.... I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 4:48 pm

Since that is their latest project, then I would not feel too bad.

I haven't bought it, but Teramaze has also released a new project this year.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I'm Just Woefully Behind But....   Maybe I'm Just Woefully Behind But.... I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 7:42 pm

Quote :
According to Angelic Warlord there are still supposed to be several promising looking releases due out this year (including new Razorigami!).

Don't forget about new albums on the way from Veni Domine and Eterna.

Also, after such a strong year in 2013, I am not surprised things have been a bit slow so far in 2014.

But I would like to add that re-issues have been pretty good this year when considering:

Kerry Livgren - Seeds Of Change
King's X - Out Of The Silent Planet
Bride - Into the Matrix

This is not confirmed, but I read on Facebook that the Barnabas back catalog is pending re-issue (if it is on Facebook, then it has to be true, right?).
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I'm Just Woefully Behind But....   Maybe I'm Just Woefully Behind But.... I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 8:38 pm

Dynamis wrote:
Quote :

This is not confirmed, but I read on Facebook that the Barnabas back catalog is pending re-issue (if it is on Facebook, then it has to be true, right?).
 lol! I do hope it's true.

Xid

Number of posts : 5520
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I'm Just Woefully Behind But....   Maybe I'm Just Woefully Behind But.... I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 9:14 pm

Nancy Jo has been talking about it so it must be true.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I'm Just Woefully Behind But....   Maybe I'm Just Woefully Behind But.... I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 9:38 pm

Like I said I do hope it is true, but I have heard members of the Retroactive fan club claiming Barnabas reissues since 2008 (or earlier)...so I tend to be a little skeptical.

Xid

Number of posts : 5520
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I'm Just Woefully Behind But....   Maybe I'm Just Woefully Behind But.... I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 9:57 pm

According to NancyJo they are pressing 500 copies of each album and will hopefully have them ready by summer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I'm Just Woefully Behind But....   Maybe I'm Just Woefully Behind But.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Maybe I'm Just Woefully Behind But....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: