Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NazB - Christian Hip Hop!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

NazB - Christian Hip Hop! Empty
PostSubject: NazB - Christian Hip Hop!   NazB - Christian Hip Hop! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 9:58 pm

I was recently contacted by an artist called NazB about reviewing his new single "Thank You God".  Unfortunately, the hip hop sound of NazB is just outside the Angelic Warlord style guidelines.  However, I thought everyone would enjoy hearing "Thank You God" (from the artists SoundCloud page): [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: NazB - Christian Hip Hop!   NazB - Christian Hip Hop! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 10:57 pm

Well, it starts with the standard "yeah ... uh-huh ... " that is a prerequisite for all hip hop songs, so it's got that going for it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: NazB - Christian Hip Hop!   NazB - Christian Hip Hop! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 10:51 am

Thank you for not reviewing Hip Hop on Angelic Warlord. It's not that I have anything against Hip Hop music or their fans but I feel somehow it would diminish AW's prestige to branch out into a bunch of different genres.

Dynamis

PostSubject: Re: NazB - Christian Hip Hop!   NazB - Christian Hip Hop! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 7:13 pm

Quote :
Thank you for not reviewing Hip Hop on Angelic Warlord. It's not that I have anything against Hip Hop music or their fans but I feel somehow it would diminish AW's prestige to branch out into a bunch of different genres.

I was thinking of making some style guideline changes to the site, but you convinced me to stick to the straight and narrow.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: NazB - Christian Hip Hop!   NazB - Christian Hip Hop! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 8:56 am

Whew, doged a bullet there.  lol!

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: NazB - Christian Hip Hop!   NazB - Christian Hip Hop! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 10:05 pm

I dig it - but then I dig most genres of music (it's just that I'm predominantly metal). I like the fact that AW has guidelines that stick to the essentials of metal and rock, however I think there's a place for more sites like AW, each with their own style of music. I would love to see a site that reviews and rates the latest hip hop as well as classic albums (The Holy Hip Hop Database is nice but that's pretty much all it is, is a database).

You have the AWESOME "Angelic Warlord" - What would be some cool names for sites with different genres ?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: NazB - Christian Hip Hop!   NazB - Christian Hip Hop! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 8:45 am

There is also jesusfreakhideout.com but they seem to stick mostly with CCM and alternative.  Also their reviews aren't nearly as good as Angelic Warlord.

Dynamis

PostSubject: Re: NazB - Christian Hip Hop!   NazB - Christian Hip Hop! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 9:19 am

Quote :
I dig it - but then I dig most genres of music (it's just that I'm predominantly metal). I like the fact that AW has guidelines that stick to the essentials of metal and rock, however I think there's a place for more sites like AW, each with their own style of music. I would love to see a site that reviews and rates the latest hip hop as well as classic albums (The Holy Hip Hop Database is nice but that's pretty much all it is, is a database).

You have the AWESOME "Angelic Warlord" - What would be some cool names for sites with different genres ?

Good points and well taken.  When I am contacted for a review by an artist outside the sites style guidelines, I attempt to refer them to a site that covers their style of music.  With hip hop, however, I had no site to refer the artist towards.  So I agree I wish there were more review sites out there covering additional styles of music.

Quote :
There is also jesusfreakhideout.com but they seem to stick mostly with CCM and alternative.  Also their reviews aren't nearly as good as Angelic Warlord.
Yes, jesusfreakhideout does a good job and it is good there is a site that focuses on CCM and alternative. Thank you for the kudos- as a result my head has swollen several sizes that it will no longer fit in a baseball cap.   Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

PostSubject: Re: NazB - Christian Hip Hop!   NazB - Christian Hip Hop! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 9:21 am

On a serious note, I am glad everyone enjoys the reviews at Angelic Warlord and appreciate the support here at Christian Hard Music.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: NazB - Christian Hip Hop!   NazB - Christian Hip Hop! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 11:05 am

Dynamis wrote:

Quote :
Yes, jesusfreakhideout does a good job and it is good there is a site that focuses on CCM and alternative. Thank you for the kudos- as a result my head has swollen several sizes that it will no longer fit in a baseball cap.   Laughing

ROTFL 

(on a serious note I can attest that Dynamis is not at all an egotistical person, my experience was meeting a rather humble and very friendly guy)

PostSubject: Re: NazB - Christian Hip Hop!   NazB - Christian Hip Hop! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NazB - Christian Hip Hop!
Page 1 of 1