Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Music To Raise the Dead

Go down 
3 posters

1 - Down Baby
Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Music To Raise the Dead I_vote_lcap50%Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Music To Raise the Dead I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 1 ]
2 - I Can't Help Myself
Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Music To Raise the Dead I_vote_lcap0%Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Music To Raise the Dead I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
3 - Crimson River
Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Music To Raise the Dead I_vote_lcap0%Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Music To Raise the Dead I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
4 - There Will Be Fire
 0% [ 0 ]
5 - We Can See
 0% [ 0 ]
6 - Better Way
 0% [ 0 ]
7 - Growin' Stronger
 0% [ 0 ]
8 - The Man I Used To Be
 0% [ 0 ]
9 - Quite Enough
Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Music To Raise the Dead I_vote_lcap50%Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Music To Raise the Dead I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
BearDad

Number of posts : 2121
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Music To Raise the Dead Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Music To Raise the Dead   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Music To Raise the Dead I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 8:36 am

I cannot believe I forgot to do this last Sunday! I thought about it on Saturday, but by Sunday ... woosh! Gone from my mind. I'm like that with birthdays and anniversaries too; I'll remember them up to the day before, then realize three or four days later that I forgot about them when it mattered. Oy vey!

So let's start this off, shall we?

Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Music To Raise the Dead Abouttime

Our first Favorite Resurrection Band Song poll consists of all the songs from the band's 1974 demo tape, Music to Raise the Dead. I remember when I first got this tape; I had a little trouble getting into it, because it was so much what I knew Resurrection Band to not be. And yet, if one looks at the band's entire history and includes all the songs they have done, it is actually exactly what they are: bluesy, gritty, thought-provoking, bare, and just plain good. Yea, the production stinks. But what do you expect? It was a demo tape given away at concerts and never officially released or distributed to the general public. In fact, you can't even get it from Grrr Records, the band's own distribution company, 40 years after it was made. Wow! Has it really been 40 years!!?? Suddenly I feel so old.

Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Music To Raise the Dead Oldman

While all the songs on this tape are good, in their own 1970's folksy/bluesy way, my two favorites are "There Will Be Fire" and "Quite Enough", with the latter winning my vote in the poll.

If you are wondering about All Your Life, Resurrection Band's other demo tape from 1974, and why there's no poll for that one, check this thread out.

Although I said I would wait a week between each of these, since this is just a demo tape, and because I am so tardy in getting this one up, I will do the next one on Sunday as originally planned. Besides, based on the comments in the Favorite Resurrection Band Album thread, I am betting I am one of just a few that actually have this tape.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Music To Raise the Dead   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Music To Raise the Dead I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 1:18 pm

Yep, I've got it.  Down Baby is the song I keep remembering from this album, although isn't Quite Enough on something later too?  Maybe Live Bootleg?
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2121
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Music To Raise the Dead   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Music To Raise the Dead I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 1:33 pm

^^ Yep. I remember when that record came out I didn't have MTRTD yet, and I thought it was strange that Glenn would say, "Here's a song a lot of people ask us to do," followed by a song that wasn't on any of their records.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23612
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Music To Raise the Dead   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Music To Raise the Dead I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 2:48 pm

I've heard this (but don't own it). I have to confess I wasn't a huge fan of it (not like their later output in the 80's and 90's)

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Music To Raise the Dead   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Music To Raise the Dead I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1