Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What Christian artist can you play any day, any time?

Go down 
+11
Samson
Xid
Driven
Staybrite
ChosenOne
alldatndensum
Redeemed Fool
Fundy
kerrick
MikeInFla
BearDad
15 posters
AuthorMessage
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

What Christian artist can you play any day, any time? Empty
PostSubject: What Christian artist can you play any day, any time?   What Christian artist can you play any day, any time? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 1:47 pm

This is the "Christian" version of my thread in the GD forum.

My favorite Christian artist that I can listen to any day, any time, and even any album is Resurrection Band.  Hostage and Bootleg are a bit "new wavy," and Lament has a definite King's X feel to it, thanks to Ty Tabor being involved in the production, but there is not a Rez album I cannot listen to at any time. 

So what's yours?
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: What Christian artist can you play any day, any time?   What Christian artist can you play any day, any time? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 2:53 pm

I can listen to Saint just about every day. Have them playing on Spotify now at work.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What Christian artist can you play any day, any time?   What Christian artist can you play any day, any time? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 3:01 pm

Hmm, I'm really not sure...  Probably Virgin Black though.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What Christian artist can you play any day, any time?   What Christian artist can you play any day, any time? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 3:49 pm

Theocracy and Virginia Creeper

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: What Christian artist can you play any day, any time?   What Christian artist can you play any day, any time? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 4:24 pm

I can always listen to Daniel Band, not too hard and not too soft.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What Christian artist can you play any day, any time?   What Christian artist can you play any day, any time? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 4:26 pm

Petra, Stryper, Saint, Third Day, Casting Crowns, etc.

Truthfully, if I really enjoy them, I can listen to a lot of stuff frequently.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: What Christian artist can you play any day, any time?   What Christian artist can you play any day, any time? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 4:58 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Petra, Stryper, Saint, Third Day, Casting Crowns, etc.

Truthfully, if I really enjoy them, I can listen to a lot of stuff frequently.

What Christian artist can you play any day, any time? Shame

That's cheating!  The question wasn't want bands do you like, or what are your musical tastes!  Is there a specific band or artist that you are more likely to turn on than any others?

You sound all wishy washy, like my wife.  "Where do you want to eat?" "Oh I don't know, anywhere is good. I like everything."  "Yes dear, but where do you want to eat!?"  (GRRRR)

lol!
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: What Christian artist can you play any day, any time?   What Christian artist can you play any day, any time? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 6:03 pm

Disciple
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: What Christian artist can you play any day, any time?   What Christian artist can you play any day, any time? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 6:28 pm

Disciple's going to be in my neck of the woods come July.

http://hillsalive.com/2014/index.php/artists/lineup
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What Christian artist can you play any day, any time?   What Christian artist can you play any day, any time? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 7:20 pm

Saint

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: What Christian artist can you play any day, any time?   What Christian artist can you play any day, any time? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 8:18 pm

BearDad is gonna hate this answer but…

I don't know that I have an "any time" Christian artist. It could be ApologetiX, because of the extremely wide variety of music and the clever lyrics, or it could be The Seventh Power.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: What Christian artist can you play any day, any time?   What Christian artist can you play any day, any time? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 8:27 pm

Driven wrote:

I don't know that I have an "any time" Christian artist. It could be ApologetiX, because of the extremely wide variety of music and the clever lyrics, or it could be The Seventh Power.

You're fired! Smile

I don't hate your answer, nor do I really mind people saying "this one, or this one, or this one."  I just thought it was crazy that I could ask "what one" and people would answer "these ones."   scratch  Hey, at least you guys make me feel right at home, since the same thing happens here! Very Happy

What prompted the whole thread was I was looking for something to listen to at work, and it was one of those days where I look at my entire collection and say, "no ... no ... no ... no ... no ... Hmmm, Journey." And that's when I realized that I do that a lot, and 99 times out of 100 Journey is the "go to" selection when I can't gauge my mood well enough to pick something else!  So it made me curious if other folks have a "go to" selection, and the rest is history. Smile
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: What Christian artist can you play any day, any time?   What Christian artist can you play any day, any time? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 8:45 pm

I could listen to any of the first 3 Angelica albums at any time.  I think I've only listened to the 4th once.  Maybe twice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: What Christian artist can you play any day, any time?   What Christian artist can you play any day, any time? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 9:14 pm

Petra
Back to top Go down
rich71

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2009-05-11

PostSubject: Re: What Christian artist can you play any day, any time?   What Christian artist can you play any day, any time? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 12:45 am

Whitecross, Petra, Letter7
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: What Christian artist can you play any day, any time?   What Christian artist can you play any day, any time? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 12:46 am

As much of an ApologetiX junky as I am, I can't listen to their entire discog - they're a "mood" band for me.

I'll have to go with Wes King. Though he's not hard rock, the man has amazing talent and I LOVE every single song he's performed - So Wes King would have to be the ONE artist I could play any day and at any time.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469

PostSubject: Re: What Christian artist can you play any day, any time?   What Christian artist can you play any day, any time? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 6:17 am

BearDad wrote:
Driven wrote:

You're fired! Smile

I don't hate your answer, nor do I really mind people saying "this one, or this one, or this one."  I just thought it was crazy that I could ask "what one" and people would answer "these ones."   scratch  Hey, at least you guys make me feel right at home, since the same thing happens here! Very Happy

What prompted the whole thread was I was looking for something to listen to at work, and it was one of those days where I look at my entire collection and say, "no ... no ... no ... no ... no ... Hmmm, Journey." And that's when I realized that I do that a lot, and 99 times out of 100 Journey is the "go to" selection when I can't gauge my mood well enough to pick something else!  So it made me curious if other folks have a "go to" selection, and the rest is history. Smile

That's just the thing--I don't have that ONE that I go back to the majority of the time.  I gave you a list of artists that I seem to go back to over and over.  I listen to a lot of different things, though, depending on my mood.  So, I can't say that I really have that "one" that I do over and over.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: What Christian artist can you play any day, any time?   What Christian artist can you play any day, any time? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 7:46 am

I can listen to X-Sinner, GX Project, Bone Prophet, Mission Of One, Jonah 33, the famous old school bands.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: What Christian artist can you play any day, any time?   What Christian artist can you play any day, any time? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 7:27 pm

Knoteye

Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: What Christian artist can you play any day, any time?   What Christian artist can you play any day, any time? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 1:15 am

Being only allowed to pick one, I'd have to pick Theocracy.  Sometimes they can be a bit intense for me but even on those days I can still play most Theocracy songs and be amazed at the lyrics.  I Am and Absolution Day really hit home every time I put them on.  No matter if they're loud or quiet, intense or sedate, lyrics like that really leave a mark.

No priest can say I'm worthy
No sacraments or holy laws
can take my sin away
No church can wash my spirit clean
For the scarlet stain that paints my soul to sleep
Runs way too deep

[Solo]

No blessed holy water
Can sanctify me in the eyes of God
The great I AM
But He has made provision
To lift me up and wash me in the blood
Of the spotless Lamb

For Christ alone is worthy
To pay the price to set all sinners free
For even me
When all works fall short and efforts fail
I realize that faith alone's the key
Absolution for all who believe

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: What Christian artist can you play any day, any time?   What Christian artist can you play any day, any time? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 1:17 am

I am grace and mercy, I am sacrifice
I am endless glory, I am light and life
I am long-awaited hope of Israel
I am longing sated, prophecy fulfilled
I am from the beginning of time, and I am sustaining the system of life
I am symmetry, reason and rhyme, and I am conviction that cuts like a knife
I am the author of order and flow
I am the Father of Lights: watch me put on a show!
I am the seeker of all gone astray
I am the keeper of souls 'til the end of all days
I am power, I am glory, I am love's unending story
I am justice, I am honor, I am hope and living water
I am righteous, I am holy, I am three and one and only
I am sovereign, I am faithful, everlasting, I AM that I AM

Read more: Theocracy - I Am Lyrics | MetroLyrics

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Christian artist can you play any day, any time?   What Christian artist can you play any day, any time? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Christian artist can you play any day, any time?
Page 1 of 1