Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bride news

Go down 
+6
rockerVu2
Fundy
ChosenOne
Staybrite
alldatndensum
topshot rhit
10 posters
AuthorMessage
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3869
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Bride news Empty
PostSubject: Bride news   Bride news I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 6:02 pm

Just got this email:

Just a quick Fall update. It appears that Troy will not be moving to Italy after all. This means that he and I will begin writing for a new Bride CD right away.

We just recorded a song for the new Liberty and Justice CD called Author of the Flame.

You can read more about the project at:
www.libertynjustice.net

Troy and I will be taking a different approach to the next Bride project. Even though we are thrilled with "SKIN FOR SKIN" our last CD, we feel that over production has stifled what we are all about.

At this time Troy and I are putting together players for the project. We will announce soon who will be joining us on this next important release.

As always we are thankful to everyone that has supported this work throughout the years.

In Christ Jesus,

Dale

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441

Bride news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride news   Bride news I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 9:48 pm

I don't think that another Bride disc will really be received well. Dale's abrasive personality and his shift to the Universalist beliefs has alienated most of their fan base. Bride should hang it up.

What is sad is that I am one of those people who loved Bride through all of the musical style changes. But, I just can't hang with this band anymore.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Bride news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride news   Bride news I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 11:22 pm

Bride news 2

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Bride news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride news   Bride news I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 11:25 pm

I still enjoy Bride and love thier sound. I think I can for the most part look beyond the universilist stuff and still support Bride. I think Dale's heart is to still serve God, he just has a different style. I have not yet gotten Skin for Skin but will be shortly. On thier myspace page they have a song called "hang on" that is pretty cool. I for one welcome a new Bride cd.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5307
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Bride news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride news   Bride news I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 6:32 am

Skin For Skin is their best album since "Scarecrow Messiah". I did love Oddities though, but I think that Skin For Skin is slightly better.

Yes, he does go abit overboard on the universalism thing, but I can look past that and you can take the lyrics in a non-universalist way (which is what I do).

I'm looking forward to another Bride album. They've always changed their style, and have changed their stance, but their stuff is always good quality and pretty listenable (although I still struggle with Drop).

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

Bride news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride news   Bride news I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 8:10 am

Quote :
We just recorded a song for the new Liberty and Justice CD called Author of the Flame.

I helped write that song...
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Bride news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride news   Bride news I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 8:45 am

Bride was my all time favorite band for years.
I still love "Snakes".
But to know there are messages in the lyrics I don't agree with makes it tough to listen to Bride.

Quote :
What is sad is that I am one of those people who
loved Bride through all of the musical style changes. But, I just can't
hang with this band anymore.
That's exactly what I have too.
Back to top Go down

Bride news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride news   Bride news I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 8:47 am

The crux of Christianity is Jesus ALONE is our Salvation...Dale still believes that 100%...why does it matter where he thinks unbelievers will end up?
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Bride news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride news   Bride news I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 8:57 am

I don't want to turn this into a theology debate. We can start a thread in the appropriate forum for that. I'll leave this with a question to ponder: how can unbelievers make it to heaven if they don't believe in Jesus, which as you correctly state is required for salvation? Seems like a contradiction to me. If he kept his views private it wouldn't matter.

Bride news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride news   Bride news I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 9:03 am

topshot rhit wrote:
I don't want to turn this into a theology debate. We can start a thread in the appropriate forum for that.

Oh, I'm not trying to. I was just asking a question. Sorry.

topshot rhit wrote:
I'll leave this with a question to ponder: how can unbelievers make it to heaven if they don't believe in Jesus, which as you correctly state is required for salvation?

They can't.

topshot rhit wrote:
Seems like a contradiction to me. If he kept his views private it wouldn't matter.

On the surface, it does seem like a contradiction.
Back to top Go down
kethdredd

kethdredd

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Bride news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride news   Bride news I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 3:55 pm

Dale's beliefs notwithstanding, I would just like to see him make a decent album. Skin for Skin never gets any plays from me. I found it boring and unmemorable.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

Bride news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride news   Bride news I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 10:24 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I don't think that another Bride disc will really be received well. Dale's abrasive personality and his shift to the Universalist beliefs has alienated most of their fan base. Bride should hang it up.

What is sad is that I am one of those people who loved Bride through all of the musical style changes. But, I just can't hang with this band anymore.

Man, those are my thoughts almost exactly!

They lost me after Fist Full of Bees. The Universalism...the attitude...the boring music....a once great band (which was my favorite band for a long time) has fallen so far.
Back to top Go down
BrideFan

BrideFan

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-02-21

Bride news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride news   Bride news I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 3:34 pm

Dale's views came to light after an interview he did with ReignRadio.com and Big Hair Brewster. He opened 'pandora's box' when he asked Dale is he was pre, mid or post tribulation rapture. Dale just answered as honestly as he could from his point of view.

Now don't take that as me defending Dale (which I'm not - and Dale and I have talked about where he and I lay with our different doctrines). I still love the band as a whole, but I don't subscribe to Dale's beliefs (and he knows it). I too overlook a little bit of his views in some of the songs on 'Skin for Skin' and hopefully look forward to working with Dale on the release of the new CD.

I even got a nod in the liner notes on the SfS CD, and wasn't expecting it - although he put my real name in there and not my online nick.....which I think would have been better actually. LOL
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Bride news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride news   Bride news I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 3:49 pm

I guess it doesn't matter if me and Jesus have it all worked out or not... I'll still make it
Back to top Go down
rageofcr

Bride news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride news   Bride news I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 7:15 pm

As a Universalist the lyrics are the main reason I still listen to Bride. I think musically they didn't measure up on "Skin". I liked the one before it and Oddities both better.
I am anxious to hear the material though as they are a band that has always been overflowing with ideals and potential. They just seem to lose musical direction because Dale wants to sell records and please fans rather than just doing whatever flows naturally.
Knowing you helped write that song Shawn makes me even more interested!

BTW, the very first interview that Dale did where he announced he was a Universalist was back in 2001 with Thunderline zine I believe. I did the interview and he let it all out in that one.
Quote :
If he kept his views private it wouldn't matter.
Dale is fullfilling The Great Commission. How and why are we to keep The Good News of salvation "private"?
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Bride news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride news   Bride news I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 10:40 pm

I have no issue with anyone sharing Jesus as long as they aren't muddying the waters shall we say.

rageofcr

Bride news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride news   Bride news I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 11:46 pm

"Muddying the waters" would be twisting God's word and introducing a pagan concept (eternal torment) into a text where it does not exist. The Bible (in it's original text) mentions nothing whatsoever about a place of eternal torment.
Quote :
Universalism was a fairly commonly held view among theologians in early Christianity: In the first five or six centuries of Christianity there were six known theological schools, of which four (Alexandria, Antioch, Cesarea, and Edessa or Nisibis) were Universalist, one (Ephesus) accepted conditional immortality, and one (Carthage or Rome) taught the endless punishment of the lost. The two major theologians opposing it were Tertullian and Augustine. In later centuries, Universalism has become very much a minority position in the major branches of Christianity, though it has a long history of prominent adherents.
I would really like to discuss this further with anyone who would like to learn about it or anyone who has questions about it. I even have a free book I would like to mail to anyone who wants a copy. Please email me if you are interested. I would be more than happy to discuss this in the Bible study area as well but it seems I remember a thread about Universalism being closed down there before.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Bride news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride news   Bride news I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 9:09 am

Quote :
I would be more than happy to discuss this in the Bible study area as well but it seems I remember a thread about Universalism being closed down there before.

And it probably would be again. I read a lot of the UV thread at CMR, and you don't discuss--you try to railroad this down people's throats even to the point of bringing in reinforcments to argue for you when you cannot convince anyone. I won't have that kind of contention and strife in my house.

If anyone wants to discuss this with Norm, take it to PMs. If you want to know how I feel about this belief, just read the CHM Statement of Faith.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down

Bride news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride news   Bride news I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 9:12 am

King's X wrote:
I only know what I believe...the rest seems so absurd to me...
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Bride news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride news   Bride news I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 12:08 pm

Let's choose to disagree agreeably in love - Walter Martin
Back to top Go down
empyreal

Bride news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride news   Bride news I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 12:33 pm

Alldat,
I have discussed this in a very civil manner many times before. At the CMR I was attacked and that doesn't make for very good conversation. It also kept other UR believers from posting for fear that they would be attacked (there are at least 11 other UR believers on the CMR). On other forums I have discussed the doctrine and had no problem with attacks or fighting whatsoever.

I still have more free books for anyone who wants them. I deleted my old account and started this one so I can have the same user name on all forums. Just PM or email me.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Bride news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride news   Bride news I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 1:39 pm

Quote :
I have discussed this in a very civil manner many times before. At the CMR I was attacked and that doesn't make for very good conversation.

At times, maybe. But, you also got to the point at one time where UV permeated nearly every thread. I've also seen you do your fair share of attacking. As I said, I'm not having that kind of division & strife here. Most of the people who attacked you on the newest UV thread at CMR were the people who tried to reason at other occassions but felt like you were just pushing your agenda--not listening to differing opinions. Christian Hard Music is NOT going to be a place for you to preach what most of us here consider false doctrine.

Quote :
On other forums I have discussed the doctrine and had no problem with attacks or fighting whatsoever.

Great! Continue to do so. But it isn't going to happen here.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bride news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride news   Bride news I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bride news
Page 1 of 1